Utorrent/Bittorrent

Why is my BitTorrent running so slow compared to my actual internet speed? It downloads at a rate of 3-4 MB per second. Meanwhile, on any speed test my internet reaches 60-80 MBps

Just now, Wolther said:

Why is my BitTorrent running so slow compared to my actual internet speed? It downloads at a rate of 3-4 MB per second. Meanwhile, on any speed test my internet reaches 60-80 MBps

Its limited to the up of other people.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

4 minutes ago, Wolther said:

BitTorrent/Utorrent are all P2P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

That's normal. It's not like downloading directly from a web server, where your own downstream bandwidth is usually the bottleneck. With a torrent, you connect to and download from other people who have the file, and so your download won't go any faster than they're able to provide it.

I'd recommend qBittorrent these days, if μTorrent's ads are irritating to you.

1. You probably don't have 60-80MBps , but rather 60-80Mbps , which is roughly 7.5-10 MB/s.

2. Your download speeds depends on the seeders and peers.

3. Don't use uTorrent/bitTorrent. Use another torrent client , like Deluge. (my personal choice)

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

2 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

Its limited to the up of other people.

Just now, Abdul201588 said:

BitTorrent/Utorrent are all P2P

Thanks, I don't know why I never considered it was all P2P even though there is a seeder count. I guess I was just being dumb, thanks.

It's limited by how many seeds there are uploading the torrent files you're downloading, and what they have their upload speed capped at.

Btw, Tixati is the best torrent client tbh.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Lol you don't even know what torrenting is I can tell

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Not enough seeders/all the seeders have sl0w internet.

By the way, do you really have 60-80MBps or is it 60-80 Mbps?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, AlbinoTexan said:

Lol you don't even know what torrenting is I can tell

Gee, why do you think I asked the question? Can't know everything in life. 

3 hours ago, Minibois said:

Not enough seeders/all the seeders have sl0w internet.

By the way, do you really have 60-80MBps or is it 60-80 Mbps?

Mbps, my bad