steam needs to stop this shit

AlbinoTexan

so steam is pushing its mobile authenticator up everyone's ass and it's annoying as fuck, first with trading now with market transactions.

i removed this dumb shit for a reason. i had it for trading but it was so annoying, on my phone it was slow as fuck and took 15 min to load to confirm trades and to sell items on the market with more than whatever amount of money. they should let steam be how it used to be with only emmial confirmations or do something like make a message big and red saying this 

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE STEAM MOBILE AUTHENTICATOR ACTIVE AND TRADE/USE THE MARKET WE WILL NOT REFUND YOUR STUPID ASS SO DON'T EVEN MAKE A TICKET.

id happy be a dumbass who takes that risk to not have to use that dumb ass mobile shit. i sell hella shit i made over $800 last year on the steam market and now i need this bullshit.

sorry this is like a rant, there should be a rant sub forum on here

gay steam.png

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Market transactions are pushing it :/

well, if you made $800 last year from trading virtual items you should be using mobile auth, trust me...

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well, if you made $800 last year from trading virtual items you should be using mobile auth, trust me...

i mean i dont flaunt my steam and the money i make from it, even tho that is like nothing compared to some people i know.

my steam is fine i dont need that.

Steam is not crappy, it is a shitty intrusive store front masquerading as a "digital distribution system".

Just now, AlbinoTexan said:

i mean i dont flaunt my steam and the money i make from it, even tho that is like nothing compared to some people i know.

Flaunt your cash fellow Texan all you want. You worked for it.

let me share a story:

this happened to two friends of mine now, so i doubt its a coincidence.

- playing an item-enabled steam game

- get a valuable item

- sudden disconnect, hacked.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

let me share a story:

- get a valuable item

TF2 by any chance?

1 minute ago, FmPhenom said:

Steam is not crappy, it is a shitty intrusive store front masquerading as a "digital distribution system".

steam support is just shitty. they let people dupe shit and all this dumb stuff. steam said WE WILL NOT REFUND HACKED/LOST ITEMS. and guess what they refunded over 200 Dlores on cg go -_- and they were all duped, meaning they faked a "hack" and made a ticket and got them refunded. and i know how they dupe. steam is dumb

Just now, Ronnie76 said:

TF2 by any chance?

one was TF2, one was CS:GO (people go nutso over knives xD)

Too many people duped their items so their kinda making another push...

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

let me share a story:

- get a valuable item

i've had fairly expensive knifes on cs go and my account has been with with only email auth

karambit fade fac new 

huntsman slaughter min wear.

1 minute ago, Bubblewhale said:

Too many people duped their items so their kinda making another push...

they just need to not do refunds like they SAID THEY WERE NOT GOING TO DO. steam needs to stick to what they say.

kids can just give away a skin in a gift pack to a friend or 2nd account and then say it was hacked and get it refunded it easy AF to dupe

they just need to not do refunds like they SAID THEY WERE NOT GOING TO DO. steam needs to stick to what they say.

kids can just give away a skin in a gift pack to a friend or 2nd account and then say it was hacked and get it refunded it easy AF to dupe

Well some i'd say some Idiot decided to spread it on some YT video or CSGO reddit which would cause this, normally everything is fine until somebody makes a big thing about it. 

Such as M4 Knights at 30 dollars before they were at 300 because it was a easy dragon lore trade up.

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

Well some i'd say some Idiot decided to spread it on some YT video or CSGO reddit which would cause this, normally everything is fine until somebody makes a big thing about it. 

Such as M4 Knights at 30 dollars before they were at 300 because it was a easy dragon lore trade up.

yes but still in the first place this should not of happened. steam is trying to fix their flaws with more flaws.

Thank fucking god that I'm not the only one.

Seriously, Valve needs to rethink this fucking strategy, because it's not working. Scammers and hijackers still have their fucking way, and it just fucks over the users who just wanna trade casually.

nrBOJ.png

Here's a great example.

Nice of you, Valve, to punish the users with the mobile authenticator on.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Thank fucking god that I'm not the only one.

Seriously, Valve needs to rethink this fucking strategy, because it's not working. Scammers and hijackers still have their fucking way, and it just fucks over the users who just wanna trade casually.

nrBOJ.png

Here's a great example.

Nice of you, Valve, to punish the users with the mobile authenticator on.

and its funny because its valves own fault for "having" to add dumb shit like this.

btw nice profile pic change xD 

and its funny because its valves own fault for "having" to add dumb shit like this.

btw nice profile pic change xD 

Yep. As a low tier TF2 trader it's fucking annoying.

lol ty

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yep. As a low tier TF2 trader it's fucking annoying.

lol ty

ikr i when i had the mobil auth on i wanted to trade skins worth  $1 and had to wait 72 because of the other person. 

like da fuq maybe on like $50+ but not a $1 trade

My steam account was being hacked, I was getting emails from steam saying that someone is trying to log into your account from an unknown location. Gave my a Russian IP address. So I went I changed my password and set mobile authentication.. 1 month later, I was playing CS:GO with my friends, during the 6th game, all of us got disconnected. 1 hour later, I get a message on my phone with the mobile authenticator asking my to enter the code. I knew it was from that kid on CS:GO. He was from Romania, Luckily I had the mobile authenticator set up so I didn't lose anything. I contacted Steam telling this happened, couple of days later, the guy got banned. 

So, It's good to have it, I like it. Saved my accounts 3 times so far.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

4 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

My steam account was being hacked, I was getting emails from steam saying that someone is trying to log into your account from an unknown location. Gave my a Russian IP address. So I went I changed my password and set mobile authentication.. 1 month later, I was playing CS:GO with my friends, during the 6th game, all of us got disconnected. 1 hour later, I get a message on my phone with the mobile authenticator asking my to enter the code. I knew it was from that kid on CS:GO. He was from Romania, Luckily I had the mobile authenticator set up so I didn't lose anything. I contacted Steam telling this happened, couple of days later, the guy got banned. 

So, It's good to have it, I like it. Saved my accounts 3 times so far.

you must do a lot of dumb and shady shit to get hacked like that. i have never been hacked and my inventory in cs go was worth over 2k at one time. and like i said make it optional for those who want it and if you dont want it dont hold trades and market shit, just make it so they can't use steam support and have a big message telling them that. because i'd be happy with not using steam support just to not use the mobile auth, like i said in the post it seems like you didn't read.

16 minutes ago, The Web Doctor said:

Just use the app. It isn't a big deal.

It is when it takes 15 min to load on my phone. I timed it 15 min 34 sec to load it. Took 7 refreshes