How I fixed my mouse with sticky keys

DISCLAIMER: THIS METHOD IS NOT RECOMMENDED AND WILL VOID ANY WARRANTIES, PROCEED ON YOUR OWN RISK.

So, I have a Razer Ouroboros, it's one of the most expensive Razer mouses there is (atleast it was the most expensive one when I bought it back in 2014). Nothing wrong with the mouse itself, it's a great mouse, and has held up very well.

Now, you might wonder how my mouse got sticky keys. One day I decided it was a good idea to drink orange juice in a glass right next to my mouse. You guessed it, I knocked it over, spilling orange juice all over my mouse. I quickly unplugged the mouse, and cleaned it to the best of my efforts. It seemed to work just fine, but the next day the left and right mouse buttons were not working, and would stick for a good 5 seconds after letting go.

I contacted Razer to see if they could help me disassemble the mouse, so I could clean it out, they could not help me.

I am sorry to hear how this accident happened and it is safe to say that your product is faulty. Unfortunately, we are unable to advised on dismantling your mouse in order for you to clean the internal parts due to liquid contact.  

I would really like to proceed with a warranty claim process for you but I would not be able to as our warranty claims policy defers me from replacing any products which are damaged caused by accidents.

Now, don't get me wrong, I totally get Razers response, and why they couldn't help me, I am under no circumstances blaiming them.

I ended up using a cheap mouse for quite some time, until I got a great idea.
My mouse is no longer covered by warranty, it's not working, can I really make it worse? i remembered that I had some WD-40 in my car, it's not intended for use on electronics, especially not a gaming mouse, it's made to remove rust, lubricate and get rid of moisture. But one thing that's coll with WD-40 is that it's not conductive, so it won't short circuit anything inside my mouse.

I bendt up the mouse keys slightly, and sprayed a good amount of WD-40 under each mouse button, and within seconds they were clicking like new. I then let the mouse stand upright on a paper towel to let the WD-40 drain out over night. Next day I plug the mouse in, and it lights up, and works perfectly.

TL;DR: I spilled orange juice in my expensive gaming mouse, making the keys sticky. I used WD-40 under the keys to make it work again.

Would be worried about the traces getting ruined.

Also please fix the formatting..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Would be worried about the traces getting ruined.

Also please fix the formatting..

Didn't think about that, but still the mouse would've been ruined anyways.
Also this is my first post, what do you mean about fixing the format?

Just now, Acsm said:

Didn't think about that, but still the mouse would've been ruined anyways.
Also this is my first post, what do you mean about fixing the format?

See how the bottom portion is a different font size and set to black instead of automatic?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

See how the bottom portion is a different font size and set to black instead of automatic?

Yeah, I see it now, thanks for helping me out. :)

9 minutes ago, Acsm said:

Yeah, I see it now, thanks for helping me out. :)

Dont forget to set the color to automatic!