Windows 7 Failing to Update to Windows 10

Rosabonita

I have two PCs which I am repairing; they were both purchased as bare bones/not working from a restore. They have legit Windows CoAs. I used a pirated version of Windows 7 Home Premium iso to reinstall the OS as Microsoft would not allow me to redownload a legal copy of the iso since the OS was originally installed by the manufacturer. I was able to use the legit product keys to properly authenticate, however I did have to use the touch tone authenticating method after the automated authentication failed. Now, however, both PCs are having difficulty updating (it is my intention to update to Windows 7 for resale value). Both PCs attempt to check for updates and encounter issues. Computer A fails to find any updates. Computer B finds updates but fails to install them properly. I have run the Windows Update trouble shooter on both PCs. 

Computer A reports that it has identified the problem but cannot solve it.

Computer B reports that it has solved all problems, but fails to correct them.

Is this issue related to the pirated nature of the original OS, regardless of the legit product keys? Or, is it something else? Most all of the parts in these PCs have been salvaged, included the hard drives. 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

For future reference, you can download the "System Update Readiness Tool" from Microsoft and that can download and install updates as well.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury