Help with setting up a liquid cooler for MSI GTX 970

I recently have started doing more tinkering with my computer that I bought prebuilt from Cyberpower (I live in Alaska where shipping costs are insane so it was more cost effective to order a prebuilt one then ordering individual parts otherwise I would have built it myself), it came with a liquid cooling system for the CPU, a Intel i5 Core 4690K @ 3.5ghz that I have since overclocked to 4.0ghz at a reasonable temperature, which is what has peaked my interest in getting a liquid cooling setup for my MSI GTX 970 so that I can push it a little harder and get better performance. I am not particularly familiar with setting up a liquid cooling system for a graphics card so I am not even sure where to start with even just the parts I would need for a moderately sized and capable cooling system, I am hoping that this is where this forum and the infinitely better knowledge about this then I have kicks in from you guys.

20160227_154533.jpg

20160227_154540.jpg

Start by doing some research on water blocks like on ekwb's website.

Watch some videos on the Youtubes, there are a ton of them. Also with custom liquid cooling, you are going to be spending a lot of money. Looks like you don't room in the case to mount a rad in the front, is there any clearance on the top?

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

5 hours ago, deVIZtation said:

Watch some videos on the Youtubes, there are a ton of them. Also with custom liquid cooling, you are going to be spending a lot of money. Looks like you don't room in the case to mount a rad in the front, is there any clearance on the top?

not a lot, it does have a mounting point that could be plausible but its a very close call, I would say there is about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inches of clearance between the top of the case to the radiator of the CPU's cooling system. I could (with a drill) modify the case in an area where there is more clearance, create some new holes for the fan to actually blow heat out of and it doesn't look like it would be in the way of anything else. On the right picture just right of the top holes is where I am talking about for the modifying idea.

20160227_214346.jpg

20160227_214356.jpg

13 hours ago, Ashercrasher said:

not a lot, it does have a mounting point that could be plausible but its a very close call, I would say there is about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 inches of clearance between the top of the case to the radiator of the CPU's cooling system. I could (with a drill) modify the case in an area where there is more clearance, create some new holes for the fan to actually blow heat out of and it doesn't look like it would be in the way of anything else. On the right picture just right of the top holes is where I am talking about for the modifying idea.

That would definitely be a DIY project. I say, if you really want to, then do it. It's a good learning experience.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.