Warranty claim with logitech?

Squirrel724

So I just had the stem of the F5 key on my g710+ break and now the key does not hold on to the keyswitch. I have only owned this keyboard since september and was wondering how I can go about contacting logitech to try to get another F5 key.

Or you could contacting your seller, they might give you a replacement straight away. 

Magical Pineapples

2 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

you could contacting your seller, they might give you a replacement straight away. 

I want to avoid a full rma as i need the keyboard for school work. I just want to get a new F5 key. Also I bought it through dell.

Just now, Squirrel724 said:

I want to avoid a full rma as i need the keyboard for school work. I just want to get a new F5 key. Also I bought it through dell.

In that case try contacting Logitech but you have solder the switch back to PCB and won't guarantee it will work if have never done this before. 

Magical Pineapples

5 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

In that case try contacting Logitech but you have solder the switch back to PCB and won't guarantee it will work if have never done this before. 

The switch isn't broken, just the stem on the key cap. I tried to refresh a webpage with the key slightly under the edge of my desk (pull out keyboard tray) and hit the key slightly from the side. 0227161847.thumb.jpg.98bca68f4f4192ae2d1

2 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

The switch isn't broken, just the stem on the key cap. I tried to refresh a webpage with the key slightly under the edge of my desk (pull out keyboard tray) and hit the key slightly from the side. 

Ah. They should give you replacement which may take a while, go try contacting them about your problem.  We cant really give solid answer as we are not RMA team at Logitech. 

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, Denned said:

I had the same thing happen. One single key broken, and I actually got the entire cost refunded, because they couldn't just replace that one keycap.

I would be happy with that as I would immediately take that money and buy the full key cap replacement set for $25 and have backups for all my keys.

Just now, Denned said:

I ment, that I got the g710 refunded :P

So wait, are you saying they took your keyboard on rma and gave you the value of the keyboard instead of replacing it? Weird. It probably costs them less to send you the new keyboard than refunding the value.

10 hours ago, Squirrel724 said:

So wait, are you saying they took your keyboard on rma and gave you the value of the keyboard instead of replacing it? Weird. It probably costs them less to send you the new keyboard than refunding the value.

That's Logitech for you. I also got a brand new G930 because the earpads was starting to crack. So instead of sending me a pair of new $10 earpads, they replaced the headset. However that replacement headset recently started to have the earpads crack, and this time they just shipped me a pair of new earpads :/

12 minutes ago, Denned said:

That's Logitech for you. I also got a brand new G930 because the earpads was starting to crack. So instead of sending me a pair of new $10 earpads, they replaced the headset. However that replacement headset recently started to have the earpads crack, and this time they just shipped me a pair of new earpads :/

i'm honestly not surprised to hear the logitech pads cracking. logitech has a less than ideal past on rubberized materials, although they've been improving, its still less than ideal :P

27 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm honestly not surprised to hear the logitech pads cracking. logitech has a less than ideal past on rubberized materials, although they've been improving, its still less than ideal :P

All their newer headsets uses some kind of mesh earpads. Which also was what I got as a replacement instead of the leather ones.. But I liked the "leather" ones better, atleast until they fell apart :P

Just now, Denned said:

All their newer headsets uses some kind of mesh earpads. Which also was what I got as a replacement instead of the leather ones.. But I liked the "leather" ones better, atleast until they fell apart :P

its a smart move from logitech honestly. i'd still be using my skullcandys if they werent peel mania by now. either get the best of the best in real or faux leather, or go fabric.

6 hours ago, Denned said:

I have seen on the internet that they tend to just replace items as the warranty claims though I really would not expect them to do that for a $120 keyboard.