Buying used parts

Raginryuu

So I'm not quite sure which topic this falls into for it is the thought and help from experienced buyers of all products requiring a build. So my question is what parts of a computer is fine to buy used and what is something I should DEFINITLY not buy used due to common problems and such. Also, Is amazon trusted site for used parts? And are there any other sites that you guys think are trust worthy? (I prefer not to buy from Ebay. Thanks!!

A case is fine to buy used. They don't really affect how a computer works. Case fans should be fine as well, but they can break.

I would never buy a hard drive or SSD, they have limited lifespans which are relatively short when compared to other parts in a computer.

Anything else should be OK, though I can't necessarily recommend you buy other parts used.

They will obviously have a higher failure rate than new parts, though I don't know what the statistics are.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

In the netherlands a big hardware site has the part-sellers rated on past trade experiences. I only trade with people that are rated 4 out of 5 stars or higher. I think most countries have a similar trading-sites where people get rated.

7 hours ago, Raginryuu said:

So I'm not quite sure which topic this falls into for it is the thought and help from experienced buyers of all products requiring a

Buy local

although if your budget is limited and this is going to be your only PC, I'd go new to avoid potentially issues.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?