Noctua NF-A14 PWM spinning but I have a boot error

Ok so I've just installed a new PWM fan onto the CPU fan slot on my motherboard as the old fan that came with my radiator was noisy. I went with the Noctua NF-A14 PWM as it seems like a decent bit of kit and it is lovely an quiet.

Only problem is 9/10 I boot my PC I get a message from the BIOS telling me that there is a CPU fan error, the fan still spins although it's at a constant 1500rpm. I have installed the extension cable so I can keep my cables tidy behind the MoBo tray and I have checked that the fan is connected correctly in the 4 pin slot. So my question is what is wrong and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5     CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X       Cooler: Corsair H115i with Noctua NF-A14 Fans     GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970 Gaming 4G

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair LED 3200         Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO and 1TB WD Black Enterprise

PSU: Corsair RM750i           Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG in Grey

possible connection problem with the harness to fan/mobo. the rpm signal is not being seen on boot up intermittently. verify all the pins are engaged into the connectors.

I had this too with the Noctua fan on my cooler, I turned the warning off in the bios. It's a not an uncommon issue with Noctua fans, I think it may be low power draw when fan is operating slowly confuses the bios.

So nothing to worry about then I guess? Thanks.

MoBo: GIGABYTE GA-AX370-Gaming 5     CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X       Cooler: Corsair H115i with Noctua NF-A14 Fans     GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970 Gaming 4G

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair LED 3200         Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO and 1TB WD Black Enterprise

PSU: Corsair RM750i           Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG in Grey

9 hours ago, jonny13569 said:

So nothing to worry about then I guess? Thanks.

My PC has been running with the warning disabled for nearly a year, and nothing bad has happened.