Recommend a replacement headset

Curufinwe_wins
Go to solution Solved by SuicideAnomaly,
24 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Thanks for the feedback. I wish headphones listed their maximum band size. 

I should also mention that the headphones I suggested have huge ear cups, so there's no concern about the pads resting on your ears.

Hello everyone, due to the need to move my Clouds to my office (a low impedance closed back headset is really ideal for my work environment) I would like to get an additional headset (as in DYI attached mic) at home.

This however means I am going a bit more into the actual audio area.

So total budget for headset (including mod mic or whatever you guys recommend) $150 USD (although I might be able to stretch it to 200)

Requirements:

• Doesn't dramatically leech sound (I'm ok with a little bit of sound leeching, but too much completely kills the point of my using headphones.)
  • Fits large heads (I wear my clouds at their largest setting, and wear 2XL helmets)
  • Low clamping pressure
  • Around ear design (under no circumstance can I wear anything that pushes on my ear as it collapses my aural canal)
  • Fairly neutral response (with overemphasized mids and highs being preferable to overdone bass)

Thank you guys for your time, and let me know if you need any more information.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Personally, no headset. As you said, a seperate mic / mod mic + proper headphones are recommended.

Personally, I love the Sennheisser HD 588. The clarity, comfort and sound quality are like no other. Do note that the bass is lacking for electronic music, so if you like that kind of stuff, stay away from them :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

2 minutes ago, Stijncat said:

Personally, no headset. As you said, a seperate mic / mod mic + proper headphones are recommended.

Personally, I love the Sennheisser HD 588. The clarity, comfort and sound quality are like no other. Do note that the bass is lacking for electronic music, so if you like that kind of stuff, stay away from them :P

By headset I meant attached mic (dyi or other) and headphones.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

9 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

By headset I meant attached mic (dyi or other) and headphones.

For the headphones, if your genre is around the rock/classical range, the HD558's are worth a look. When it comes to microphones, the ModMic (though compatibility issues have been reported w/ the 558's iirc), the Samson Meteor is good for the more budget yet great quality range. For anything above the Meteor, Blue is a company that's worth a look.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

558 isnt for large heads, also isnt closed. I bought a 558 recently with a V-Moda BoomPRO Mic (btw much better then modmic 4.0) and modded it to a headset. Sound great, mic great everything works fine. But its open design and i actually think its not the right choice if you have a large head.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

I would go with a pair of Philips SHP9500, which will fit the most colossal of heads, and will do so comfortably. They are open back, though.

I would pair it with a V-Moda BoomPRO Mic, which I find to be superior to the ModMic.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Gaming-Headset-Headphone/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=pd_bxgy_23_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0AXEJFSJCWRGXZ2Y8Z64

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

24 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

I should also mention that the headphones I suggested have huge ear cups, so there's no concern about the pads resting on your ears.