Try it or nah? (Corsair question)

Go to solution Solved by 2jzo,

I cooled my gtx570 with an extra corsair h60i i had laying around with the stock fan attached to cool the vram and it was one of the best DIY mods I've done.  If you can find an SLI bridge long enough I would say it's worth the try.  If it's like $100 or so more to just get a custom loop I would say go that route as you won't be disappointed.

I got an H100i connected to my CPU and meh water blocks connected to my dual Titan x's that run sli. They run a little to hot for my liking. I was thinking of grabbing two H50's (or a another pair of corsair closed loop systems), and sticking them to my Titans via corsairs mounting brackets. I got a rosewill throne and an Asus Rampage V Extreme, so I got the space for it all but I was wondering if I should even try or could even try.

Is there an SLI bridge long enough that would work well to give me clearance in attaching both? Or am I good? Or should I look into something else? 

I feel so noobish but didn't want to drop so much cheddar just to have it not fit or work. 

I have never tried my hands on DIY water cooling. I really don't have the money to replace my system should I mess up. It was something I bought from my "inheritance" that I got when my father passed away 3 years ago. Though, the board I got more recent than that to replace the ASSrock970 (yes I know it's ASRock but I've had a bad experience with them) I had originally.

Any advice would be appreciated. Maybe link me to good really technical books/online guides you'd recommend to water cooling if you want as well. I'm an autodidact so... Yeah. 

Yeah, you're better off saving for a custom loop.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

1. Watch Jayz* while saving money

2. Buy parts and watch Jayz* while waiting for parts to arrive

3. Just do it and in case you don't know how to do something, watch Jayz*.

* If Jayz doesn't know something, watch others (but NOT Linus :P )

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

25 minutes ago, Allshevski said:

1. Watch Jayz* while saving money

2. Buy parts and watch Jayz* while waiting for parts to arrive

3. Just do it and in case you don't know how to do something, watch Jayz*.

* If Jayz doesn't know something, watch others (but NOT Linus :P )

Jay Z? On YouTube? Or you mean the rapper? Lol

5 hours ago, LokinScear said:

Jay Z? On YouTube? Or you mean the rapper? Lol

Jayz Jayz. The true Jayz. The Jayz'ier one. Jayz and Jay Z are two different thingies. Lol. Have you seen Jay Z water cooling? But have you seen Jayz doing that? Anyway, who cares about Jay Z, he is only a small noctua-coloured man when Jayz is more Linus'ier or Hardware Canucks'ier and even Gaben'ier. Praise Lord Gaben.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

I cooled my gtx570 with an extra corsair h60i i had laying around with the stock fan attached to cool the vram and it was one of the best DIY mods I've done.  If you can find an SLI bridge long enough I would say it's worth the try.  If it's like $100 or so more to just get a custom loop I would say go that route as you won't be disappointed.

Will do! I think I'm going the water cooling route. Still, JayzTwoCents doesn't goes as in depth as I would like. I am researching on my own. Started getting into chilled cooling with fish tank chiller. I have several and I know a lot from my electrical engineering. I know it won't work too well and condensation might be a problem with my rad set up. I am going to experiment with an old system. 

Gonna turn off the start stop cycle or just get a mini fridge.

Seal the radiators with anti condensation sealant made for house hold radiators or make my own rad from scrap (i.e. A mini fridges radiator).

Then going to run an anti aluminum corrosion antifreeze through tubes clear tubes rated for antifreeze. 

If if I use the mini fridge system in the way I want I can have both chilled soda under my PC and chilled a chilled MoBo. ^_^

I will probably record it.

if using a chiller, you will not use radiators.

using a mini fridge can be done, but the excess noise of the fridge running and eventual burn out will spend money and resources towards a phase change to do it properly. if it were a thing to do, it'd be plastered through the interwebs to do it that way.. eventually, you'll be wasting your time and money.