Mouse recommendations not the g502

Britwit

I was just wondering if I could get a recommendation for a gaming mouse from you guys on this awesome forum. I've been using a Sensei for many years and its finally dead so for now I'm stuck with my wacom's touchpad till I find a new one.  I was looking around and seemingly everyone just says "buy the G502 from Logitech" so I did. It really wasn't a good idea. For one it really made my hand cramp up and it was too heavy. I use a palm grip with sometimes a hybrid palm/claw grip. I'm looking for a decent mouse that is either laser or optical that is lighter and is good for my hands 17mmX11mm. 

I like the G602 for a palm grip

Personally I use a M570

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, Britwit said:

I was just wondering if I could get a recommendation for a gaming mouse from you guys on this awesome forum. I've been using a Sensei for many years and its finally dead so for now I'm stuck with my wacom's touchpad till I find a new one.  I was looking around and seemingly everyone just says "buy the G502 from Logitech" so I did. It really wasn't a good idea. For one it really made my hand cramp up and it was too heavy. I use a palm grip with sometimes a hybrid palm/claw grip. I'm looking for a decent mouse that is either laser or optical that is lighter and is good for my hands 17mmX11mm. 

deathadder, mamba if you have a larger hand

Any of the Corsair mice seem to be really solid picks also the steelseries Rival is a great mouse

20 Year old Computing student who plays video games and fusses over how his PC looks in his free time

Spoiler

PC Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 4670K - 4.4 GHz | MotherboardMSI Z77-G45 Gaming | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 128GB x 2 | GPU: MSI AMD Radeon 7950 | PSU: Corsair CX750m | Case: NZXT S340 | Cooling: Corsair H90 | MonitorAOC 22" Monitor | PeripheralsRazer Blackwidow Ultimate, Creative Soundblaster Rage Wireless and Logitech G502 | Operating System: Windows 10  Arch Linux (XFCE) 

Pictures and More Information Here 

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

deathadder, mamba if you have a larger hand

I've felt a Deathadder and It felt really good and ergonomic in my hand weight seemed pretty good I just have the worry of Razer's build quality. Its not like it isn't good but inconsistent. Some have good luck some don't.  

Just now, Britwit said:

I've felt a Deathadder and It felt really good and ergonomic in my hand weight seemed pretty good I just have the worry of Razer's build quality. Its not like it isn't good but inconsistent. Some have good luck some don't.  

eh, ive had minor problems not gonna lie , mostly software issues 

BUT their customer service is great so ill give it that

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

eh, ive had minor problems not gonna lie , mostly software issues 

BUT their customer service is great so ill give it that

Synapse problems? It may be something I have to look at. That really does tick most of the boxes when it comes to what I'm looking for. 

4 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Corsair M65? I have one and I love it to death <3

I've been looking at it but I'm thinking it will have the same problem as the g502, even with all of the weights taken out it will be too heavy for my preferences. 

Just now, Britwit said:

I've been looking at it but I'm thinking it will have the same problem as the g502, even with all of the weights taken out it will be too heavy for my preferences. 

Have you gotten to use it in person? if there is a microcenter near you or a frys go there and try as many mice as possible.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

3 minutes ago, Britwit said:

Synapse problems? It may be something I have to look at. That really does tick most of the boxes when it comes to what I'm looking for. 

meh, not huge problems the only game i've ever had a problem is BO3 and this isn't just me and my mouse, its everyone and everyone else's deathadder chroma

only problem i've  really encountered

1 minute ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Have you gotten to use it in person? if there is a microcenter near you or a frys go there and try as many mice as possible.

Neither, a best buy. I suppose I could always do the "buy and try" method. 

Corsair M65 (with or without RGB). Perfect mouse for me :3

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Just now, Britwit said:

Neither, a best buy. I suppose I could always do the "buy and try" method. 

Trust me, I've used a G502, M65, and Sensi and the M65 doesn't feel much heavier at all then those.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

6 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Trust me, I've used a G502, M65, and Sensi and the M65 doesn't feel much heavier at all then those.

I don't know what it was but the g502 just felt really heavy compared to my old sensei. I guess I just prefer a lighter one. Its a hard decision to make. 

Just now, Britwit said:

I don't know what it was but the g502 just felt really heavy compared to my old sensei. I guess I just prefer a lighter one. Its a hard decision to make. 

The G502 felt really weird, I traded my m65 to my friend for a week so I could try it out. It was uncomfortable imo.

1 minute ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

The G502 felt really weird, I traded my m65 to my friend for a week so I could try it out. It was uncomfortable imo.

Glad to see it wasn't just me. It felt really good build wise and no complaints with that but it was uncomfortable you're right. Did you like the m65? 

I would stay away from the death adder. I had 2 different versions and both developed double clicking on LMB. It can be fixed but involves dissassembly.

One brand i can recommend is Mionix. They make some really good mice. I personally like and use the Naos. Fits my hand perfectly. They also have several other styles. I dont know if any brick and mortars carry them but I took and chance and loved it.

7 hours ago, fuddinator said:

I would stay away from the death adder. I had 2 different versions and both developed double clicking on LMB. It can be fixed but involves dissassembly.

One brand i can recommend is Mionix. They make some really good mice. I personally like and use the Naos. Fits my hand perfectly. They also have several other styles. I dont know if any brick and mortars carry them but I took and chance and loved it.

I was looking at the Castor as one of my choices. Seems to be better for my palm grip. They're available at amazon so If I decide on that one Its fairly easy for me to try and return if I don't like it. 

if you're not into a lot of buttons, seriously cant go wrong with the g100s. super light, great sensor, perfect form, and cheap

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

12 hours ago, Britwit said:

I am using CM devastator bundle (keyboard and mouse) its very noce and wide, sssoooo I would recommend, and comes at a very good price.