2 pumps on Y splitter?

wildgg

quick question,

i want to controle my kraken x61 fans trough my mobo but i don't have any fan headers left on my mobo.

so my question is can i run a kraken x61 and a corsair h55 aio cooler on a Noctua NA-yc1 splitter? for the pump power

would the splitter give anough power to both of the aio cooler pumps? 

for all i know both the x61 and h55 pumps are running 100% anyways.

thx in advance.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

11 minutes ago, wildthing said:

-SNIP-

I would not recommend it since it can potentially overload the header especially during start up where it requires more current. If you can separate them for two headers or get a power PWM splitter that only takes the PWM signal from the header and power from the PSU then it will not be an issue. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

I would not recommend it since it can potentially overload the header especially during start up where it requires more current. If you can separate them for two headers or get a power PWM splitter that only takes the PWM signal from the header and power from the PSU then it will not be an issue. 

question, can use a noctua 7V low noice adapter (na-rc7) connected to a noctua nf-f12 and put that on the Swiftech 8 Way PWM Splitter - 8W-PWM-SPL? would that be fine? because i have one and that would solve my problem aswell.

or would you just say, connect both the kraken x61 and h55 pump 3pins on the Swiftech 8 Way PWM Splitter - 8W-PWM-SPL?

Edit: also i dont need to connted the 4pin to my mobo right for the Swiftech 8 Way PWM Splitter - 8W-PWM-SPL to work? i can just power it with sata and that will make everything run at 100% speed?

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

4 minutes ago, wildthing said:

question, can use a noctua 7V low noice adapter (na-rc7) connected to a noctua nf-f12 and put that on the Swiftech 8 Way PWM Splitter - 8W-PWM-SPL? would that be fine? because i have one and that would solve my problem aswell.

or would you just say, connect both the kraken x61 and h55 pump 3pins on the Swiftech 8 Way PWM Splitter - 8W-PWM-SPL?

That could work dropping the voltage of the NF-F12 down if it's not a 4 pin PWM version, if it is though you can directly connect it to the swiftech splitter and use the motherboard to vary the speeds via PWM.

Also the swiftech splitter will run the 3 pin pumps at full speed and not be controllable.

Just now, W-L said:

That could work dropping the voltage of the NF-F12 down if it's not a 4 pin PWM version, if it is though you can directly connect it to the swiftech splitter and use the motherboard to vary the speeds via PWM.

Also the swiftech splitter will run the 3 pin pumps at full speed and not be controllable.

sorry for so many questions but, the kraken x61 support up to 4x 4pin fans that are connected to the pump it self and it gets power from sata aswell. would it be posible to run the 2 140mm fans for the 280mm rad with those low noise adapaters between the kraken x61 and the Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans?

so it will be the Noctua NF-A14 PWM with a low noise adapter on it and then connected to the kraken x61?

43 minutes ago, wildthing said:

sorry for so many questions but, the kraken x61 support up to 4x 4pin fans that are connected to the pump it self and it gets power from sata aswell. would it be posible to run the 2 140mm fans for the 280mm rad with those low noise adapaters between the kraken x61 and the Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans?

so it will be the Noctua NF-A14 PWM with a low noise adapter on it and then connected to the kraken x61?

Those low noise adapters are designed for DC voltage control so no, and it would be a better option in that situation to use the CAM software with the X61 to control the 4 sets of PWM fans with the USB based connection.

Just now, W-L said:

Those low noise adapters are designed for DC voltage control so no, and it would be a better option in that situation to use the CAM software with the X61 to control the 4 sets of PWM fans with the USB based connection.

oke thx man!!