Megapixels?

hobohobbit

I need to prove my friend wrong. he thinks that the quality of the camera is determined purely by the amount of mega pixels it has.  i would like some one here to prove him wrong

He is wrong. Megapixels is one factor, however, lens focus, flash type, and a few I don't remember also have a part in this.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/great-camera.htm

Here's a useful link.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I need to prove my friend wrong. he thinks that the quality of the camera is determined purely by the amount of mega pixels it has.  i would some one here to prove him wrong

"More pixels = more beterer" Sure more pixels equals a bigger picture, but, the over all quality of the photo depends solely on the lens and size of the actual pixels capturing the light.  A $1500 DSLR that has a lens and camera body would have the lens at around $1150 and the camera body at around $350 since the lens is what gives the photo its quality.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

also sensor size is another part

from what i understand a big 2mp sensor is much better at capturing stuff vs a small 2mp sensor for example

same idea behind HTC one's 4MP sensor

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

There are also different types of sensors.

If you want to quickly convince him, compare photos from comparatively priced cameras with very different MP specs.

Just kill him, hes wasting oxygen. :lol:

Kidding of course.

Thanks for all of your replies guys, he has finally shut up about it and given up trying to say he is right about it  :)

Just kill him, hes wasting oxygen. :lol:

Kidding of course.

I think i'll pass on that suggestion ;)