im sniffing around programming

Hey, im just sniffing around thinking about if programming is something im willing to spend time and effort learning. I think it will be a great hobby instead of juat games.

Heres what im wondering:

*what do you recomend starting with?

*where shuld i start?

*Icant find any classes where i live that can teach me so any sugestions where ob the internett i shall go?

*what is it im getting myself into?

*hoe did you get started and why?

Ps.i know there is simular topics like this ;)

If you like, C++ and Java is where I personally started. Use Eclipse (a free java coding program) and a program called Karel J Robot from my AP Computer Science at Ganttech.com

C++ can be utilized with Notepad C++

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

# You could start easy with something like Python, or a bit deeper with Java or C++ (like Bluejay said). If you want to go really, really basic (I do not recommend this, by the way), you could try out Visual Basic.

# YouTube is a great resource!

# Youtube, or maybe Lynda (http://www.lynda.com/), I believe they do some free videos.

# You're getting yourself in to one of the most rewarding hobbies ever, if you manage to stick through 'til "the end"

# I started because I wanted to create things, the rewarding feeling of having created something someone else use is awesome.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Linus

ive also heard i shuld learn stuff like this HTML > CSS > HTML5 > CSS3... whats your tougths on that?

Well, that would be quite a lot easier to get started with, but it's a lot simpler and much more limited. But if you want to make websites, that's the way to go.

Cheers,

Linus

Well, that would be quite a lot easier to get started with, but it's a lot simpler and much more limited. But if you want to make websites, that's the way to go.

okay, i have 20 min of experience now :D

this is what ive got 

<html>
 <head>
  <tittle>Henrik`s Test Page</tittle>
 </head>
 <body>
  <h1>Henrik`s Test Page</h1>
  <p>I Like To Try And Not Give Up</p>
 </body>
<html>

have been using 5 minutes making this :P think its fun getting into this so far 

think i will start with html because of that it is simple, i wanna know the basics and such before i trow myself into harder stuff for an beginner

think i will start with html because of that it is simple, i wanna know the basics and such before i trow myself into harder stuff for an beginner

Just keep in mind that learning HTML won't help you with programming, as they are far from the same thing.

Just keep in mind that learning HTML won't help you with programming, as they are far from the same thing.

then what do you recomend if i wanna learn something like programming simple game like ping pong? or simular stuff

then what do you recomend if i wanna learn something like programming simple game like ping pong? or simular stuff

Simple games?

C++ with the SFML library or java with Slick2D are both great 2D libraries (SFML will also do 3D too when paired with openGL but thats a lot more complicated)

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?