PhysX on AMD Veideo Cards

Running an ATI card and a Nvidia for Physx has its own set of issues.

You have to rollback to a driver that can be modded to work.

Sometimes this means losing performance on your AMD card due to not having the latest driver optimizations, just so you can run Nvidia Physx.

Not worth it, if you want Physx, buy Nvidia.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

• 2 weeks later...

I have both a HD 7950 and a GT 220 and I am still working on getting the Hacked drivers stable.

that 220 will never be able to run phyX i had the 550TI and it could barely run Bordelands 2 on medium Physx with 3xx cuda cores only with my new 675MX with 960 coda cores can i run it smothlly

Needs Update

that 220 will never be able to run phyX i had the 550TI and it could barely run Bordelands 2 on medium Physx with 3xx cuda cores only with my new 675MX with 960 coda cores can i run it smothlly

I call complete bullshit on that statement. I use to own a GTX 550 Ti and I could max out Borderlands 2 with physX. As well on medium-high on the GT 220 with PhysX.

\

I call complete bullshit on that statement. I use to own a GTX 550 Ti and I could max out Borderlands 2 with physX. As well on medium-high on the GT 220 with PhysX.

i was testing it in this week the Physx on high runs fin when you shoot a barrel or shoot a few shots to the ground but if you play and start to get into a intensive fight the GPU cant handle the Load. ( just speaking from Experience )

Besides the geforce 220 only has 48 coda cores :/ and on http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-220/specifications is also shows that it does not have PhysX so won't help.

Needs Update

i was testing it in this week the Physx on high runs fin when you shoot a barrel or shoot a few shots to the ground but if you play and start to get into a intensive fight the GPU cant handle the Load. ( just speaking from Experience )

Besides the geforce 220 only has 48 coda cores :/ and on http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-220/specifications is also shows that it does not have PhysX so won't help.

I have the 220 in another computer right now and it has PhysX...

\

Lets be honest PhysX is pretty awesome. its nice to have real time smoke and particle and don't forget cloth physics ingame but only a very select few game use it and it slows down your game a good amount. its not supported by AMD cards since its a nvidia technologie and won't work on AMD cards ever.

seriously man grow up.

I gotta be honest. That image made me lol. Reminded me of Neon Genesis Evangelion simply because the letters and stuff in it were orange like that. And the font was similar. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I gotta be honest. That image made me lol. Reminded me of Neon Genesis Evangelion simply because the letters and stuff in it were orange like that. And the font was similar. 

yea i guess it looks nice but tis still seriously inappropriate.

As inappropriate as saying grow up on the internet.

The forum has its rules it has nothing to do with its on the internet so anything should be allowed.

Last time i checked, which i admit was at least a year ago, there was a new way to hack it. It worked on all the new drivers and physx versions. You just had to install drivers, run a program, replace and/or delete some physx files and run the game. Nothing complicated or difficult and no stability issues. I used this method and it worked perfectly.

Looked it up, check here for the better way :). I guess it did change. But still works on all driver versions

I have no signature

What is a veideo card ? Is this some new pc hardware I don't know about ?  Is this an AMD card with some form of physX = to Nvidia's ??????   

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You could run Physx on Radeon card back in the day, but not anymore. To run Physx you would need a Geforce card and some hacked drivers. I personally wouldn't go through do it, since Physx is pretty much s gimmick right now, and the hacked drivers are really buggy And you would also have to purchase a Geforce card which would cost money.

I'm using a pretty bad laptop right now it has AMD HD 6830 and PhysX. I don't get all the hype.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

FIRSTLY ati does not exist anymore it's amd radeon graphics

secondly downloading some drivers from the nvidia site allows your cpu to use physx with limited support like lv 2 or sommin

NO dont get a physx card(nvidia)

and physx does look cool but its a pile of crap because its immature - not enough games support it

NEVER buy a new card from the same generation if you have one from that generation 

ie: you have a 7950 a top of the range amd card why spend an extra 400 on a 600series or 700series card(if ur gona match specs) which will only improove gameplay and maybe not performance in a couple (single player)of games

and finally welcome to the forum

What is a veideo card ? Is this some new pc hardware I don't know about ?  Is this an AMD card with some form of physX = to Nvidia's ??????   

oh dear....

veideo is either bad spelling or typo

no such thing exists

amd cards do not have support for physx due to physx being closed "platform" 

nvidia makes drivers for cpu's to take advantage of physx but will never be able to do as much as a cuda gpu(nvidia gpu) can because it was made for nvidia gpu's

I have Sapphire 7950 Vapor-x 3gb and I heard that Physx makes your games look cooler (adding particles and stuff...) but it is only for ge-force cards. I also heard that you car run Physx on a Radeon Card. So my questions are: How can i use PhysX on my card and how much worse will it be compared to an nvidia graphics card?

If you have a Radeon card you can run Physx on your CPU rather than you GPU.  

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

If you have a Radeon card you can run Physx on your CPU rather than you GPU.  

sure, with my 2500k at 4.7 ghz i was getting 15 fps on borderlands 2 with physx on medium. Sounds legit......

if you want physx just get a nvidia card. If not, dont bother, in most cases you are not losing much

sure, with my 2500k at 4.7 ghz i was getting 15 fps on borderlands 2 with physx on medium. Sounds legit......

if you want physx just get a nvidia card. If not, dont bother, in most cases you are not losing much

Sounds legit........it is legit. Even Nvidia cards allow you to choose your CPU or GPU to run PhysX. 15fps on medium what was your GPU configuration, remember he is using a 7950, that is a very capable/adaptable card especially now with the new AMD drivers.

Sounds legit........it is legit. Even Nvidia cards allow you to choose your CPU or GPU to run PhysX. 15fps on medium what was your GPU configuration, remember he is using a 7950, that is a very capable/adaptable card especially now with the new AMD drivers.

i have a 6870. But it doesnt matter. Just check reviews on borderlands 2. I can easily max out the game without physx and get around 60/70 fps on 1080p. But when you turn physx on, the gpu usage drops to 30/40%. And you cpu usage goes nuts. There was one review that i saw, where the guy was dropping to 20 fps, with a 3930k and a 7970 ghz edition....

There was one review that i saw, where the guy was dropping to 20 fps, with a 3930k and a 7970 ghz edition....

That is indeed terrible.