Does anything like this even exist?

So I was thinking about ways to clean up or minimize the cable clutter on my desk, and I had a pretty weird idea. Can you buy something like a set including a micro USB dongle and a USB dongle that communicate with each other via 2.4GHz RF or Bluetooth? If something like that existed could I remove the micro-USB to USB cable from my keyboard, plug the micro-USB dongle into my keyboard, the USB dongle into my PC, and have the two dongles communicate with each other in such a way that the keystrokes from my keyboard are transmitted from my keyboard to the micro-USB dongle to the USB dongle to my PC, replacing the cable with a wireless connection; effectively making my keyboard wireless? Is this even possible and if so where can I get some of these dongles?

This might not make any sense but I just wanted to ask whether this was possible, thanks in advance.

EDIT: Ok, maybe this is a better way of explaining it.

Instead of this: Keyboard -> Micro-USB to USB cable -> PC

Can I do this: Keyboard -> Micro-USB Bluetooth dongle thing connected to keyboard -> USB Bluetooth dongle thing connected to PC -> PC?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

It is possible and there are a few solutions out there but those still rely on external power so you'd be dealing with a cable for that. I also wouldn't really want to know the latency on that.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

and how would you power your keyboard and that wireless dongle?

just buy a wireless keyboard

lots og budget logitech keybaords do this allthough they require AA batterys in the keybaord your better bet is to just get a wirelss keybaord it would probably end up being cheaper 

I lurk a lot

6 minutes ago, zMeul said:

and how would you power your keyboard and that wireless dongle?

just buy a wireless keyboard

Just now, peej said:

lots og budget logitech keybaords do this allthough they require AA batterys in the keybaord your better bet is to just get a wirelss keybaord it would probably end up being cheaper 

Already have a rather nice wired mechanical keyboard I'd rather not part with. As for power not too sure. A rechargeable external battery, maybe? Idk.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

Already have a rather nice wired mechanical keyboard I'd rather not part with. As for power not too sure. A rechargeable external battery, maybe? Idk.

but you already used the usb port for the dongle ?

I lurk a lot

6 minutes ago, peej said:

but you already used the usb port for the dongle ?

So you buy a splitter? lol

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

2 minutes ago, Tmt97 said:

So you buy a splitter? lol

meh i guess but surley haveing a giant ass battery bank on your desk defeats the point of making it wireless?

I lurk a lot

Just now, peej said:

meh i guess but surley haveing a giant ass battery bank on your desk defeats the point of making it wireless?

Your assuming it would be giant? Wireless keyboards operate off small battery's. I'm certain a small battery pack would be fine.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Just now, Tmt97 said:

Your assuming it would be giant? Wireless keyboards operate off small battery's. I'm certain a small battery pack would be fine.

thats even worse id fine a bateery bank wavign round my desk more annoying than a cable that doesnt move point is it seems a lot of effort for not much reward 

I lurk a lot

2 minutes ago, peej said:

thats even worse id fine a bateery bank wavign round my desk more annoying than a cable that doesnt move point is it seems a lot of effort for not much reward 

I'm not all that interested in the practical application of this. I just had this idea and didn't know whether it was possible or would work, so I asked.

Just now, peej said:

He still gains a significant advantage over it being wired up. Even though hes got a cable and a battery stickin out the end of his keyboard, it can still move around. Its not anchored, he can keep moving it wherever he wants to without moving the computer an inch. Plus he gets to keep the keyboard he likes without having to buy a new wireless one. And I think the effort vs reward should be decided by @ThinkWithPortals since its him that'd be doing this. Maybe its worth it to him, maybe its not. Regardless it doesn't really matter if its worth it or not to you or me since were not the ones doing it. We were just asked if it could be done theoretically.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Just now, Tmt97 said:

He still gains a significant advantage over it being wired up. Even though hes got a cable and a battery stickin out the end of his keyboard, it can still move around. Its not anchored, he can keep moving it wherever he wants to without moving the computer an inch. Plus he gets to keep the keyboard he likes without having to buy a new wireless one. And I think the effort vs reward should be decided by @ThinkWithPortals since its him that'd be doing this. Maybe its worth it to him, maybe its not. Regardless it doesn't really matter if its worth it or not to you or me since were not the ones doing it. We were just asked if it could be done theoretically.

okay then yes i could probably be done but it would be super janky and not very practical :P

I lurk a lot

Just now, peej said:

okay then yes i could probably be done but it would be super janky and not very practical :P

"I'm not all that interested in the practical application of this." - @ThinkWithPortals

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

You could get a wireless keyboard, mouse, or speakers if they make them wireless.