Water block has a few screws loose

I followed this guide here exactly https://youtu.be/3kF-Hf-z1Jk all the way down to the gtx titan and koolance water block.

My system is a tower and over time the weight loosens up the screws on the block. It seems that at some point there is not the appropriate contact. When the card is under load the screen will go grey after 20 min or so and need a hard reset. I have tried putting the stock cooler back on and that does fix it. At some point I went back to water cooling to try and get a good overclock for 4k gaming. Currently I just put the system on its side as a work around.

Any tips on how to fix this? is there a grease or something that would help the screw stay in place?

p.s. This is happening with or without an overclock.

12873.gif

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, davidbfg said:

I followed this guide here exactly https://youtu.be/3kF-Hf-z1Jk all the way down to the gtx titan and koolance water block.

My system is a tower and over time the weight loosens up the screws on the block. It seems that at some point there is not the appropriate contact. When the card is under load the screen will go grey after 20 min or so and need a hard reset. I have tried putting the stock cooler back on and that does fix it. At some point I went back to water cooling to try and get a good overclock for 4k gaming. Currently I just put the system on its side as a work around.

Any tips on how to fix this? is there a grease or something that would help the screw stay in place?

p.s. This is happening with or without an overclock.

If your block isn't making correct contact then I'd send it for RMA. Weight is irrelevant to screws coming loose, either the screws you are using are incorrect or again there is an issue with your block. 

If you're overclock isn't stable then what you're describing is a driver recovery, you won't get a proper overclock until you bios mod the card to remove the limits applied.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd