Best Blue Backlit MX Brown Keyboard

iNoa97

Thinking about finally getting rid of this old Membrane HP monitor I got from craigslist and getting a real gaming keyboard, I know red is good for gaming and blue is good for typing and brown is in the middle, but I love how tactile and non clicky they are. And since all of my other peripherals are blue, I thought hey why not blue backlit, or RGB is fine, but RGB tends to be more expensive. My budget is Anywhere below $100 (I can squeeze in about an extra $20)

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

the k70's a bit expensive, but allows full RGB colors, so you can make it whatever color you want

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816059&cm_re=corsair_k70_rgb-_-23-816-059-_-Product

It's 50 dollars over budget though...

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

The only keyboard I can think of is the Corsair Strafe RGB.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Ducky Shine 5 RGB MX Brown (the best out of the choices due to the standard bottom row, but out of stock everywhere).

Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB MX Brown: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G3UK4238

No idea if the bottom row is standard or not.

Corsair K70 RGB MX Brown (please avoid this.  THE 16.8 MILLION COLOR PROBLEM IS A HARDWARE FLAW AND NOT FIXABLE. EVERYONE KEEPS IGNORING THIS AND NO ONE EVER TELLS YOU THE TRUTH HERE).

From Calcprogrammer1 on reddit:

So basically it's a palette system. Each channel has a driver chip and each chip has 7 configurable brightness (PWM) registers as well as 144 selection registers (one per LED in the 12x12 matrix). The PWM registers (along with another linked register) form the 8-bit brightness values. In 512 color mode, these brightness registers are set to default values such that the 7 registers (along with the 8th setting, off) make up a linear 8-step brightness gradient. This means the selection registers, which are per LED, essentially operate as an 8-step brightness. 8x8x8=512 possible colors. The 16.8M mode changes the brightness registers to 8-bit-per-channel values you set. The selection registers then choose which custom brightness you want per key. If you have more than 6 custom brightnesses (not sure why 6 instead of 7) it reverts to the default brightness register values and back to 8 step brightness using the selection registers. Since this "palette" is per chip, you can have 6 unique custom brightnesses per color channel across any set of keys, combined or separate. This means that solid fades and such work fine because all the keys are set to the same brightness and just that one brightness register can be varied among 256 levels of brightness.

Corsair RGB Strafe MX Brown (30% HIGHER LED brightness than K70/K95, FIXED and upgraded RGB controller).

And some Gskill MX Brown RGB.

Non RGB traditional MX browns are all over the freaking place.

Note: non standard bottom rows make replacing the keycaps difficult.  Geekkeys.com has some for the Corsair and Logitech boards.

What is with everyone that is recommending RGB boards?

@OP, do you care about different keyboard sizings? If not, then I would suggest getting a pok3r, and then installing blue LEDs in it. That would look quite good, if you can stomach the smaller form factors.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

12 hours ago, iNoa97 said:

Thinking about finally getting rid of this old Membrane HP monitor I got from craigslist and getting a real gaming keyboard, I know red is good for gaming and blue is good for typing and brown is in the middle, but I love how tactile and non clicky they are. And since all of my other peripherals are blue, I thought hey why not blue backlit, or RGB is fine, but RGB tends to be more expensive. My budget is Anywhere below $100 (I can squeeze in about an extra $20)

k70

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just found this on amazon.

States it has brown mechanical switches but doesn't say if they're cherry or not.

Has blue leds though and is very cheap at $69.99 :D

1 hour ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

Just found this on amazon.

States it has brown mechanical switches but doesn't say if they're cherry or not.

Has blue leds though and is very cheap at $69.99 :D

Tesoro boards are definitely decent, especially for the price. Also, they won't be Cherry switches, but you should keep in mind that in the case of brown switches, that's a good thing. The tactile bump on Cherry Browns is kinda crap, whereas the bump on almost all of the imitation switches is more pronounced, and it's generally awesome.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

14 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

Another one that has ONLY blue LED's would be the Rosewill Apollo

Also it has genuine Cherry MX browns.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-RK-9100xBBR-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00HA201UK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456357842&sr=8-1&keywords=rosewill+apollo

That Tesoro board mentioned above has kailh brown

Cherry browns are garbage.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

3 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Cherry browns are garbage.

First of all, he was asking for genuine cherry browns

Also, I use Cherry browns and I don't think they are garbage, I think he will like them too.

17 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Ducky Shine 5 RGB MX Brown (the best out of the choices due to the standard bottom row, but out of stock everywhere).

Due to the bottom row, the build quality, the fact that it's driverless RBG so you don't have to deal with corsair's garbage software.

On 2/25/2016 at 4:11 PM, AwesomeAustin226 said:

First of all, he was asking for genuine cherry browns

Also, I use Cherry browns and I don't think they are garbage, I think he will like them too.

In comparison to Gateron or Greetech, and a few others, Cherry switches are generally just bad. Especially when compared with Gateron switches. Gateron switches are a lot smoother, and especially in the case of Gateron browns, the tactility is retained even when you are typing quickly, which is something that you can't do with Cherry Browns.

Hey! New SIgnature!