Adata Formally Announces DDR4 Memory Modules.

Nicktrance

Adata Technology has introduced its lineup of DDR4 memory modules designed for next generations desktops, notebooks, servers and workstations and is expecting to launch their DDR4 server solutions in the "foreseeable future".

They expect to demonstrate the modules at IDF 2013 with a probable release in 2014 around the time Haswell-E/EP/EX platforms are released, since they will be the first platform able to use DDR4.

source: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20130910225340_Adata_Formally_Announces_DDR4_Memory_Modules.html

Do we need this?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

APU's will benefit greatly from this. It's the reason why the PS4 and Xbone use DDR5 memory. Higher clocked RAM means better performance for APUs actually drastic performance. Going from 1333 RAM to 1866 on an APU is like night and day, it makes a huge difference. And i think cheap high speed low capacity DDR4 ram will really help put APUs where they need to be as the go to for entry level gaming. This along with AMD's new emphasis on APUs, might make an interesting year for AMD now all we need are FM motherboards and chips that support DDR4 : )

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

APU's will benefit greatly from this. It's the reason why the PS4 and Xbone use DDR5 memory. Higher clocked RAM means better performance for APUs actually drastic performance. Going from 1333 RAM to 1866 on an APU is like night and day, it makes a huge difference. And i think cheap high speed low capacity DDR4 ram will really help put APUs where they need to be as the go to for entry level gaming. This along with AMD's new effaces on APUs, might make an interesting year for AMD now all we need are FM motherboards and chips that support DDR4 : )

Just an FYI, the Xbox One uses DDR3 RAM. The same kind that is in your PC. You are right on the rest of it though.

PS4 does have GDDR5 RAM though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just an FYI, the Xbox One uses DDR3 RAM. The same kind that is in your PC. You are right on the rest of it though.

PS4 does have GDDR5 RAM though

DDR3 still, thats just dreadful...

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

DDR3 still, thats just dreadful...

Completely. 

I believe it's a combination of DDR3 and esRAM as a sort of cache, XBone still seems to be at a disadvantage but we'll have to wait and see which is better when they're actually released... or we could not care...

Do we need this?

of course we do,  if everyone went by this logic we'd still all be using single core cpu's running a DOS op.  

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

of course we do,  if everyone went by this logic we'd still all be using single core cpu's running a DOS op.

At one point people and even companies were arguing 1KB is all the RAM we need... imagine video editing on that :lol:.

>Single channel

>High capacity single stick

So expensive as shit. Sigh.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

APU's will benefit greatly from this. It's the reason why the PS4 and Xbone use DDR5 memory. Higher clocked RAM means better performance for APUs actually drastic performance. Going from 1333 RAM to 1866 on an APU is like night and day, it makes a huge difference. And i think cheap high speed low capacity DDR4 ram will really help put APUs where they need to be as the go to for entry level gaming. This along with AMD's new emphasis on APUs, might make an interesting year for AMD now all we need are FM motherboards and chips that support DDR4 : )

FM2+ mobos allready out, and coming out only with ddr3. I think 2133 Cl9 is enough for APU anyway. Its about 15 bucks more and latency is not sacrificed. 2400 is not worth it. 

For low end gaming builds less than 2k is ok too.

This takes me back when DDR2 was dirt cheap and 3GB of DDR3 for the X58 platform was expensive..let alone 6GB of DDR3. I don't think DDR4 will be worth it initially, give it a year or two to become the new norm after it matures.