I need advices for building a gaming pc:)

@stconquest I'm going to take the H7, i saw some 212 review compains about the tall or something like that.. is H7 got a quite fans, or should I replace it?

Just now, Kerlen said:

@stconquest I'm going to take the H7, i saw some 212 review compains about the tall or something like that.. is H7 got a quite fans, or should I replace it?

It should be fine.

@stconquest Do you know some fans that is really quite and really cool, I'll put it on top of the h440 case..

4 minutes ago, Kerlen said:

@stconquest Do you know some fans that is really quite and really cool, I'll put it on top of the h440 case..

You have three 120mm fans in the front (intake), they come with the case.  You have one 140mm fan in the rear (exhaust), it comes with the case.

You can just leave it like that and test the temperatures.  You should be fine as there is a lot of air moving through the case.

or... You can buy one more 140mm and have:

Two 140mm in the front, and move two of the 120mm from the front to the rear and top.  That means you will have one 120mm fan left over, leave it out.  You are better off having a positive air pressure situation than adding the last 120mm in the top.

It would be like this:  Two 140mm in the front (intake/fresh air).  One 120m in the rear (exhaust).  One 120mm in the top (exhaust).

@stconquest I going to buy 140mm.. :), Anyways, I found so many cheap motherboards from asus, msi, etc. I was just thinking, what could be it's diffence?

1 minute ago, Kerlen said:

@stconquest I going to buy 140mm.. :), Anyways, I found so many cheap motherboards from asus, msi, etc. I was just thinking, what could be it's diffence?

Features.  Do you want SLI compatibility?

i dont think there will be a point in getting an i7 if you are not doing any heavy video editing?

normally if your rig is just for gaming purposes, just get an i5, way cheaper and is more than enough to game.

only some game would need the i7's extra juice, otherwise it will just be a waste to get an i7 for gaming.

CPU i7-6700k Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M5 RAM KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 2X4GB GPU ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX970 AMP! EXTREME CORE EDITION Case COUGAR ATX Storage WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE 1TB PSU CORSAIR RM650X Display(s) AOC G2460PQU 24" Cooling COOLER MASTER HYPER 103 CPU COOLER Keyboard CORSAIR STRAFE RGB Mouse CORSAIR M65 RGB Sound MICROLAB FC360/RAZER KRAKEN 7.1 CHROMA/AUDIO TECHNICA M50X Operating System WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

@ic3panda Thank you for your tip.. I'm aware of that, i7 is overkill for games, I just don't know why I really wanted skylake.. :)

hey dude, welcome to the forum. I am new here too. You have done a great job picking the parts. As far as I know the cryorig h7 is an excellent cooler, quiet and efficient with an awesome design. But please DONT buy razer products. I will explain why: Their mouses suck, they offer little and cost tons of money. You can get a MUCH better mouse at this price point. Their keyboards are equipped with low-quality cheap mechanical switches which aren't as good as the cherry MX switches which you find in other keyboards. Whats more their headshets are 10€ headshets with a logo and rgb led, nothing more. In conclusion, DONT get razer products. They will break down in a couple of months. If you dont believe me check the reviews. You seem a nice guy and I don't want you to waste your money on something you will regret buying.  They are very low quality products.

Hope I helped :)

7 hours ago, Kerlen said:

@ic3panda Thank you for your tip.. I'm aware of that, i7 is overkill for games, I just don't know why I really wanted skylake.. :)

i5-6600k is a skylake also

CPU i7-6700k Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M5 RAM KINGSTON HYPERX FURY 2X4GB GPU ZOTAC GEFORCE GTX970 AMP! EXTREME CORE EDITION Case COUGAR ATX Storage WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE 1TB PSU CORSAIR RM650X Display(s) AOC G2460PQU 24" Cooling COOLER MASTER HYPER 103 CPU COOLER Keyboard CORSAIR STRAFE RGB Mouse CORSAIR M65 RGB Sound MICROLAB FC360/RAZER KRAKEN 7.1 CHROMA/AUDIO TECHNICA M50X Operating System WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE

@MechaCorn Wow, I didn't know that, Thank you for you tip, do you have any alternatives for a mechanical keyboard?

34 minutes ago, Kerlen said:

@MechaCorn Wow, I didn't know that, Thank you for you tip, do you have any alternatives for a mechanical keyboard?

This type of thing will vary according to your personal preference, but I bought the Razer Blackwidow Chroma as my first mechanical keyboard and thought it was amazing for quite a while, but as soon as I got the G710+ with Cherry MX Brown switches, I really loved the feel of them. If you really want RGB, I have heard really good things about the Corsair K70 RGB and the Corsair Strafe RGB, but you should look up some reviews and see for yourself. Also have a look at the different types of Cherry MX Switches (Blue, Brown and Red are the main 3) and see which one would suit you best.

Good luck with your new build!

Some guy called my office, trying to sell me computers. I just said "oh you mean those little box's with the tv on top? Yeah, our accountant has some". He promptly gave up and hung up the phone lol

@Shadow5679 Wow, thank you for your wonderful tips.. :), I'll try watching some RGB-Mechanical keyboards.. I really love watching animations on my mechanical keyboards, I want it to be like type writer sound.. ahaha :D

If you are going for a 980ti graphics card I suggest you bump the monitor up a notch. The vg248qe supports 1920 x 1080 resolution (full hd), although a 980ti is way overkill for that, a 970 or 980 type will be more fitting for HD. I suggest changing that monitor to something like the pg278q which supports 1440p resolution if you want to have that 980ti in there. Perhaps the pg279q if you want an ips panel (better viewing angles and more correct colors).

As mentioned, razer products = meh..

You don't have to buy all peripheraks from one company :D

I really suggest getting the corsair k70 rgb brown. I have them myself, and I love them. It has rgb lighting and you can set up a lighting rythm for it, ir just download an already made file for you. The only "downside" I see with it is that it has a bit clicky switches. If you want clicky switches, go for the cherry mx blue version. If you want silence, check out the newly released silent version. 

As for mice I would recommend the logitech g502 proteus spectrum. I just got it myself a couple weeks ago, and it is super! Basicly it is an upgrade from the g502 proteus core, which only had a blue led. But the g502 proteus spectrum has a full rgb lighting, which you can customize. There is so much great about this mouse, search it up on youtube and you will see for yourself.

I recommend alot of peripherals I got currently, that is because I have already looked for the best abd it actuakky turns out it was extremely good.

If you want an extended mousepad, I suggest the reflex lab one. It is waterproof, and can be washed if dirty. It is also very smooth to drag the mouse along.

Yes I have it myself :D.

Some great headphones I could suggest are the audio technica m50x. They have superior sound quality, although it isn't much if a "gaming" headphone. I am goibg ti explain the difference between headphones and headsets. Headphones are the device you have on your head itself, but a headset (as the razer kraken) is a sound device and a microphone in one. The audio techca m50x does not have a mic built in, although you could buy a mod mic that you could stick on the headphone. Check ths out, cause no "gaming headset" can replace the quality or meet up the quality as great headphone's can:

http://www.maximumpc.com/modmic-headphone-microphone-review/

Or you could consider getting a big mic as the snowball usb mic or a condensir mic as the at2035 (this one requires a audio interface to work) if you want to have superior quality mic's.

Edited by Thirall

@Kerlen

There are three types of mechanical switches (there are more but these are the common ones): Red (good for gaming) Blue (very loud, good for writing) and brown (the silent one). I prefer the red ones but you should check what suits you better. Watch a comparison video on YouTube for example. Corsair's keyboards are REALLY awesome,  you should check them out. They have plenty of rgb models I love rgb myself :) If you want a gaming headshet hyperx cloud II is the best one. It has virtual surround sound, this means that it feels like sound comes from many different directions. It also has a high quality mic, superior sound quality and it is super comfortabe. Check a review of it, you will understand what I am talking about :) It costs about 90€ or less.

21 minutes ago, MechaCorn said:

@Kerlen

There are three types of mechanical switches (there are more but these are the common ones): Red (good for gaming) Blue (very loud, good for writing) and brown (the silent one). I prefer the red ones but you should check what suits you better. Watch a comparison video on YouTube for example. Corsair's keyboards are REALLY awesome,  you should check them out. They have plenty of rgb models I love rgb myself :) If you want a gaming headshet hyperx cloud II is the best one. It has virtual surround sound, this means that it feels like sound comes from many different directions. It also has a high quality mic, superior sound quality and it is super comfortabe. Check a review of it, you will understand what I am talking about :) It costs about 90€ or less.

Yup, the k70's are very nice!

@Thirall Thank you.. :).. I search for those monitors but it's really pricey, I got a little budget.. :(, maybe I'm going to change the monitor I choose after months.. You got any more alternatives about the monitor?

I'll watch those  peripherals you suggested.. Thank you.. :)

On 24 February 2016 at 3:56 PM, Kerlen said:

@Thirall Thank you.. :).. I search for those monitors but it's really pricey, I got a little budget.. :(, maybe I'm going to change the monitor I choose after months.. You got any more alternatives about the monitor?

I'll watch those  peripherals you suggested.. Thank you.. :)

The monitor I listed is the best you will get from 1440p. Yeah I guess you could go 1080p, and later get a higher model. But still, that 980ti is too great for 1080p, so consider getting a 970/980 and then change for a 980ti if you want 1440p