I need advices for building a gaming pc:)

6 minutes ago, Kerlen said:

@stconquest Wow! Thank you about the comparative build, Is liquid cooler a bad choice? I just want to play games, I don't do editing, I'm not good at editing videos and photos..

Unless you immediately want to start pushing overclocks, the liquid cooling is a bad idea; you just end up spending more money for nothing.  Picking a good air cooler is usually much quieter and will still let you get a good overclock if you ever want it.

1 minute ago, Kerlen said:

@Stardar1 What is 28 PCI lanes for?

You don't need it.  The lanes are where data is transported to and from the CPU to parts like the GPU.  If you were running three or more 980Tis, then it would start to matter.

@Atmos For now, I think I'm gonna stick with 6700k, If I try editing just for fun, will this be bad for me, because I'm going to choose 6700k?

Just now, Kerlen said:

@Atmos For now, I think I'm gonna stick with 6700k, If I try editing just for fun, will this be bad for me, because I'm going to choose 6700k?

Nope, the 6700k is still an i7 with 4 cores/8 threads, it'll handle editing just fine.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

@DND You're from the Philippines? How to determine the right UPS for my build?

Just now, Kerlen said:

@DND You're from the Philippines? How to determine the right UPS for my build?

Yep i'm from PH. I'm not really sure better ask here in the forums cause in my opinion your build would require more power than my rig.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

@stconquest All this time, I thought liquid coolers are better, although I got doubts about it, because of videos of leaks.

3 minutes ago, Kerlen said:

@stconquest All this time, I thought liquid coolers are better, although I got doubts about it, because of videos of leaks.

Good air coolers can keep up with liquid.  Air is generally cheaper and quieter... and a little bit safer too.

2 minutes ago, Kerlen said:

@DND Yeah, Thanks for you tip.. :) 

No problem dude. Glad that i could help you.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

@stconquest I saw many tutorials of linus using cooler master air cooling, is that also a great cooler?

@stconquest I saw many tutorials of linus using cooler master air cooling, is that also a great cooler?

The Hyper 212 is a great cooler for the price... but it is loud.  I have one.  I replaced my fan.

Look for the BeQuiet! Pure Rock, or the Cryorig H7.

@DND Thank you.. :)This is really a nice forum, I hope I could give tips to others if I got a lot of knowledge about pc hardware..

@DND Thank you.. :)This is really a nice forum, I hope I could give tips to others if I got a lot of knowledge about pc hardware..

Yep this forums is really friendly and people often reply so fast here. Just watch linus' videos and you'll get more knowledge and always peek around in the forums and if you really want to know more really do some research and studying :)

Spoiler

@DND This week, I think I got addicted in watching linus tutorials in building a gaming pc and unboxings.

16 minutes ago, Kerlen said:

@stconquest How can I determine the most quite air cooler?

Reviews are best.  The dB level listed is not always the best way to guess, but it is better than nothing.  :D

@stconquest I'm so confuse, should the rpm and dbA be high or low, to achieve much cooler and more quite.. :)

7 minutes ago, Kerlen said:

@stconquest I'm so confuse, should the rpm and dbA be high or low, to achieve much cooler and more quite.. :)

It depends on the fan that comes with the cooler.  Fan design is what makes one fan better than another.  One 1200 RPM fan might be better at moving air quietly than another 1200 RPM fan.

Take the 212 EVO.  The dB rating on the websites is 36 dB at max speed.  Is that 36 dB one inch away from the fan?, six inches?, one foot?  I can tell you it is loud because I have my PC sitting less than two feet away from my right ear, I have experienced it.