How do i attach this blue looking cable (HDMI i think) to my PC?

KenXeiko
Go to solution Solved by Ruhel,
3 minutes ago, Ddave said:

I'm not sure, but I think that you're running out of VRAM.

Thants more likely the case. 

3 minutes ago, KenXeiko said:

Here's what it looks like... ( sorry if it looks like i took the photo with a 90's camera )

webcam-toy-photo2.jpg

You only have DVI x2 HDMI x1 and Displayport. You can only connect VGA via the greay adapter. Check your monitor for HDMI port.

Jetstream.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ddave said:

Thants more likely the case. 

3 minutes ago, KenXeiko said:

Here's what it looks like... ( sorry if it looks like i took the photo with a 90's camera )

webcam-toy-photo2.jpg

You only have DVI x2 HDMI x1 and Displayport. You can only connect VGA via the greay adapter. Check your monitor for HDMI port.

Jetstream.jpg

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

Looks like your GPU doesn't have a native VGA output so if you have to use VGA for your monitor you have to use the adaptor.

Having said all that I don't think your actual video connection is at fault .

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

6 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

thats ok I can see it

What does your monitor have

here ( again sorry for the image quality. )

webcam-toy-photo3.jpg

4 minutes ago, KenXeiko said:

You have DVI, as does your GPU so you could buy a DVI cable to replace the VGA

Its a better connection since its all digital

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

4 minutes ago, KenXeiko said:

webcam-toy-photo3.jpg

The white one is a DVI port. If you REALLY wanted to you could get a DVI to DVI cable and use that.

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

You have DVI, as does your GPU so you could buy a DVI cable to replace the VGA

Its a better connection since its all digital

is the bottom part the DVI or still the top?, okay...

Just now, KenXeiko said:

is the bottom part the DVI or still the top?, okay...

Whichever matches the one on your monitor

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Jetstream.jpg

The 2 connections on the far right are DVI.

The white one on you monitor is also DVI. Whats you monitor make and model?

MSI Nightblade MI2

Just now, Ruhel said:

Jetstream.jpg

The 2 connections on the far right are DVI.

The white one on you monitor is also DVI.

ah ok thanks

22 minutes ago, Ddave said:

can't be, i'm not over the limit i'm like 50 mb below it, is that bad? 

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

Connecting it improperly would result in no image to your monitor. It wouldn't cause crashing, as there is no "mostly working" when it comes to display connectors.

VGA can be an exception, with blue, green or red only being displayed correctly at times.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 hours ago, KenXeiko said:

Sorry for this idiotic question but i am totally getting confused on my PC and i'm trying to solve what's Crashing F4 and GTA V, my HDMI or this blue looking cable is attached to the upper part of my GTX 770 Palit Jetstream is that the right place to be connected to? or should it be on the bottom?

also there is this gray adapter thing ( what's it called? and what does it do? ) that extends the blue looking cable or hdmi or whatever it is called to the top part of the GPU, in my mind it is something else but i cannot decide as i don't know which is which.

a friend said i should attach it into the bottom because its VGA and if i attach it to the top it causes lag so i wasn't sure of his answer and i decided to ask here.

I'm sorry, but you have 68 comments on LTT, presumably are also subscribed to the channel on youtube (or vessel... but I'll leave that debate for another day) and I'd hazard a guess you watch other tech related videos.   That's a VGA to a DVI connector, not an HDMI connector.  You could of found that out in one badly worded google search.  

Your problem is PROBABLY drivers or shitty RAM needing changed.