about to buy, final build (infrastructure only) comments please.

6 minutes ago, kght22 said:

i have no idea how to explain to you that writing your own article is a little more useful than supplying a link to a tool that you used. clearly in this case it isn't more useful because it hasn't inspired anyone to ask anything beyond the question as to why i had got led fans on a case that comes without a window. but in truth pc part picker would not have helped with that beyond me making an entry that states "450d left window 20 bucks". are you interested in having conversations on this forum, or are you interested in asking about random entries on a pc part picker list. ask actual questions about the system. for example "what will you be running?" i actually don't know, next year i plan to drop 900-1200 into motherboard and proc (i have no ddr4 so that will also be in the mix), it is my next upgrade step and i feel like i want to go hard. but before that i want to take that silver case that you can see at the start of this little thread and change to something that has actual modern cooling potential (once i got my hyper t4 cooler my side pannel would neverfit on again, or let alone the idea of installing an aio cooler, what do i do, hang it out the side of the case?) i had to upgrade my primary system's infrastructure to even handle what i plan to throw at it next year, and i figure 400-600 bucks would let me build an infrastructure that will handle the modern atx standard until it isn't a standard anymore, and i can toss any platform i want at it next year. but to make it even more simple, i want YOUR interest. that is why there are foggy images. and no, you won't get a pc part picker link because pc part picker is about as valid as my nut sack.

i bought my left side door with a window from corsair, directly (about 20 bucks). i got the grommets i plan to use from amazon, for about 9 bucks shipped, (350d grommets, so i might use half of them), i mean, would you expect someone doing a water cooling build to use pc part picker to point out their parts? why expect it in other circumstances?

EDIT: btw, good grommet kit for the 330r sku is cc-8930129

chuckle, read it from the box in my lap, took the time to look it up. it is exactly what i said.

or to make it simpler pc part picker is great for cost analysis, it is worthless for deciding on a build that is not paint by numbers.

edit: in other words i could likely not give much less of a fuck about the cost, a thousand bucks for the infrastructure on a beautiful pc? cut it about in half and i am sold (i have been sold by myself, but that will only cost around 400). the other 200 went to my new raid (dual 3tb drives mirrored, a large chunk of which get offloaded... somewhere) i got the drives, the case, the grommets, the windowed door. i still need the psu and the sata cables. the round cables will be about three times the price of standard flat cables to match my color scheme. is there a reason to go with the round cables beyond looks? (like is routing easier?)

Wow man... All you had to say was:

I need advice on purchasing the following parts:

1.  Case (mid/full tower).

2.  A new PSU (good quality - 550W-750W).

3.  A cooling solution for both the CPU (AMD FX 8XXXX) and the Case.

4.  New storage drives, 3-4TB minimum.  I would like to arrange the drives in a RAID1 config.

My budget is:  blah....

Someone would have responded in kind:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.95 @ Amazon)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.95 @ Amazon)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Fractal Design SSR3-140-WT 56.1 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($7.99 @ NCIX US)
Case Fan: Fractal Design SSR3-140-WT 56.1 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($7.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $402.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-07 02:09 EDT-0400

Now is that so hard?

...and they say pot is a harmless drugxD