Enough wattage 2xMolex for GPU?

I recently posted a question in the Video Card section about a 2xMolex to 8pin connector for my GPU. I got mixed answers (ranging from "it's not supposed to be used like this but it will work" to "your PSU will explode and your GPU will die" basically). Other people told me it was the voltage and wattage that mattered the most and that if it was enough, it would work. So I did some research and I found that my GPU (MSI GTX 760 Twin Frozr Gaming) had a power consumption of 170W. Then I also found this other site which described all the different wattages per connector. It said that a 6pin delivers 75W, an 8pin 150W and another 75W for my PCIe slot, which would total to 300W of power to my GPU. Now this site also said that a Molex connector would deliver 25W for a 5+V rail or 60W for a 12+V rail. Since I'm using a Corsair CX430M and the box says the Molex connectors are on a 12V rail, it would be 120W combined for the adapter, right? Doing the calculation again (75W for my 6pin + 75W for my PCIe slot + 120W for my 2xMolex to 8pin connector) it would be a total of 270W, which is definitely above the rated power consumption of 170W and there might even be room for an overclock. 

Since I have no idea what all these numbers actually mean, can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

Sources:

https://www.msi.com/product/graphics-card/N760-TF-2GD5OC.html#hero-specification

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html

Short answer : don't use molex to power the gpu.  Long term it will burn out the gpu/psu. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

If your PSU does not natively have the connectors necessary to plug straight into the graphics card, it means that the power supply was never built or designed to handle the draw. I wouldn't risk it. Using a power supply that way is pretty risky unless you have one with excellent quality. If you want to run a graphics card that has PCIe connectors, get yourself a proper power supply first.

Besides, you have a CX430M, does that not have the necessary cables to do that without using Molex? In that case, why would using Molex ever cross your mind?

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

Short answer : don't use molex to power the gpu.  Long term it will burn out the gpu/psu. 

I am not planning to keep this build for a longer period of time. I first built my PC with just integrated graphics and found a good deal for the GPU (for where I live). If this rig works for about a year then I'm already satisfied. I want to upgrade the GPU and PSU in the future (within a year hopefully, if money allows it xD)

1 minute ago, KemoKa said:

If your PSU does not natively have the connectors necessary to plug straight into the graphics card, it means that the power supply was never built or designed to handle the draw. I wouldn't risk it. Using a power supply that way is pretty risky unless you have one with excellent quality. If you want to run a graphics card that has PCIe connectors, get yourself a proper power supply first.

Besides, you have a CX430M, does that not have the necessary cables to do that without using Molex? In that case, why would using Molex ever cross your mind?

The PSU only has a 6+2pin PCIe connector, and I could only find a 2xMolex to 8pin and no adapter to 6pin, I used the 6+2pin to plug into the 6pin and the adapter to the 8pin