Should I buy Xcom 2 or Fallout 4?

IncompetentProdigy

Okay before you all rant on how these two games are totally different etc, just here me out. As a broke college student when I choose to buy a game I must choose wisely. I am looking for a game that can keep me invested and will be lots of fun. I have play TB games like Civ 5 and had lots of fun. With that being said I am still a nooby to the genre and never played an Xcom game. I have played lots of RPGs and Bethesda games and I enjoy them. Which one?

3 minutes ago, IncompetentProdigy said:

Okay before you all rant on how these two games are totally different etc, just here me out. As a broke college student when I choose to buy a game I must choose wisely. I am looking for a game that can keep me invested and will be lots of fun. I have play TB games like Civ 5 and had lots of fun. With that being said I am still a nooby to the genre and never played an Xcom game. I have played lots of RPGs and Bethesda games and I enjoy them. Which one?

Xcom 2. 

Haven't had the chance to try out Xcom 2 quite yet, but if it's anything like the previous titles, it'll get fairly boring some 40-50 hours in.

Fallout 4 on the other hand, well, there's about 300 hours to finish it completionist style (that's one complete playthrough and 3 more alternate endings) and with the GECK due fairly soon, it could provide a buttload more gameplay time further down the line

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

well if you enjoy bethesda games I'd say go for fallout 4 as a safe bet if nothing else. But keep an eye on XCOM 2 and it's predecessor. XCOM: Enemy Unknown and it's expansion pack, Enemy Within. As they are definitely worth picking up in a sale as there is nothing quite like them.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I've beat Fallout 4 two times already, and about a fourth through the last playthrough. It's a blast if you have the PC horsepower to handle it. I've seen XCom 2, and it doesn't really interest me. 

Watch footage of both, and decide which one would give you more enjoyment in the long run. My opinion is Fallout, but that's just that, an opinion. 

I used to be quite active here.

Just now, IncompetentProdigy said:

Detailed explanation why? 

Eh, more over what I felt after watching gameplay of the games. Fallout 4 held my interest, but didn´t make me want to buy it asap. Xcom 2 however did, and the sheer difficulty makes it an angering and enjoyable challenge. 

Fallout 4 is the worst fallout game to date, I have no interest in it anymore, and lost said interest after a week. I don't know what to say about Xcom as I haven't played it, but I wouldn't call Fallout 4 much of an rpg, as it stripped most rpg features from the gameplay.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

XCOM 2 is my vote.

I've been a Fallout gamer since Fallout 1, I greatly enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I definitely played the shit out of 4... for a few weeks. Then I stopped. It's good, don't get me wrong, but once you realize that you're basically just The Terminator and the only thing that actually has character is the wasteland around you it gets... I don't know, boring? Eh I haven't been able to dive back in. It's a good rpg-lite combat game with a lot of things to see and do, just not a lot of real depth. Obviously I realize I could be the minority on this, but that's just how the game feels to me personally, take it as you will.

XCOM 2 on the other hand is incredible. It's rare for a sequel to improve so much on an already great formula, but this one does. The sheer randomness is refreshing, no two playthroughs will go the same way. There's a great storyline with tons of content, and the game doesn't need mods to stay interesting, they're just available to augment your playstyle as they should be. 

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Two very different Games. And both are good. I would choose Fallout 4 tho.

1. I like those kind of Games more 2. Fallout4 is Content Overkill. It is not as good as Skyrim, but still worth your Money.

Yes, Roleplaying in Fallout 4 is reduced to the bare minimum, but the Gunplay counts to the best a shooter has to offer these Days.

If you want a more Action based Bethesda Sandbox, Fallout 4 will give alot to enjoy.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

depends on you, if you're up to endless challenge and survival is the key, take Fallout 4. If you're up to progressive strategy game with aliens and guns take Xcom 2. either way these two games got really great replayability Fallout 4 is endless, and Xcom intense progressive story, your choice. If you got lotta time to spare buy Fallout 4

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK