Has anybody painted microcenter ram before?

SuperCookie78

I would like to paint the heat sinks red so it will match my build but i don't know how to go about doing that. here's a picture of the stuff or reference. the heat sink doesn't do anything to cool the ram. there are no thermal pads or anything just a piece of metal.

0397320_821884.jpg

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

I'd imagine it'd involve prying because I think it's held on by thermal sticky pads, I could be wrong though.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

1 minute ago, Marziman said:

I'd imagine it'd involve prying because I think it's held on by thermal sticky pads, I could be wrong though.

i bought them many times and you can just slide them on and off. it just for looks. the pcb is green by the way their is no black pcb

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

2 minutes ago, SuperCookie78 said:

i bought them many times and you can just slide them on and off. it just for looks. the pcb is green by the way their is no black pcb

Then painting shouldn't be a problem, now I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to paint(Mainly because I don't really know) although, I'm quite certain it's safe to paint.  Have fun :)

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

28 minutes ago, SuperCookie78 said:

I would like to paint the heat sinks red so it will match my build but i don't know how to go about doing that. here's a picture of the stuff or reference. the heat sink doesn't do anything to cool the ram. there are no thermal pads or anything just a piece of metal.

Those can be painted fairly easily either masking the entire RAM stick or ideally removing them before painting. It's gone over here under Motherboard and RAM Painting of the Modding FAQ: