Yeah, pretty sure I've got the build I want.

CorgiParade

I don't know if I can add a PCPP list on this site yet, so I'll just use a link. Here you go.

I live in the United States of America, so I'll obviously be buying the parts with USD. This build is pretty much as high as I WANT to go with my budget, unless I were to get an i7 instead of an i5. So basically, I'm willing to go up to $900 (i7.)

The system is primarily a gaming system, but I won't have a discrete graphics card until the new Nvidia/AMD graphics cards are released. I can definitely make do with integrated graphics for a while. It's what I've done for quite a while (I have a laptop with an i5-5200U and integrated graphics, lol.) I'm going to be doing some recording/videoediting/rendering, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant the purchase of an i7. The CPU is the last thing I'm going to buy (before the case, I already have one), so I'll have plenty of time to put some thought into it. Nothing too demanding will be played. League of Legends, a bit of Minecraft, Civilization V, Trove, etc. I'm going to save the more expensive games for when I get my discrete GPU.

I'm only using one monitor ATM, and it's a 1440x900 monitor. I may end up buying a 1920x1080 monitor sometime after I finish my build. I may also end up with a second monitor too, but that's a pretty strong maybe. I already have my keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc. I don't need a copy of Windows included in this purchase.

I went for a Z170 board because I would very much appreciate the extra DIMM frequency... It helps a ton with integrated graphics (which I'll be sticking with for possibly several months, depending on when the new GPUs arrive.)

What are you going to try to play on the PC while you are using the iGPU? Because i have had bad experiences with iGPU's playing games on low settings and on 1080p.

Depending on your choice, but I`d go for a 950 EVO 256gb instead of Sandisk, but it`s your choice

to game or not to game, that`s the question

3 minutes ago, CorgiParade said:

I don't know if I can add a PCPP list on this site yet, so I'll just use a link. Here you go.

I live in the United States of America, so I'll obviously be buying the parts with USD. This build is pretty much as high as I WANT to go with my budget, unless I were to get an i7 instead of an i5. So basically, I'm willing to go up to $900 (i7.)

The system is primarily a gaming system, but I won't have a discrete graphics card until the new Nvidia/AMD graphics cards are released. I can definitely make do with integrated graphics for a while. It's what I've done for quite a while (I have a laptop with an i5-5200U and integrated graphics, lol.) I'm going to be doing some recording/videoediting/rendering, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant the purchase of an i7. The CPU is the last thing I'm going to buy (before the case, I already have one), so I'll have plenty of time to put some thought into it.

I'm only using one monitor ATM, and it's a 1440x900 monitor. I may end up buying a 1920x1080 monitor sometime after I finish my build. I may also end up with a second monitor too, but that's a pretty strong maybe. I already have my keyboard, monitor, mouse, etc. I don't need a copy of Windows included in this purchase.

I went for a Z170 board because I would very much appreciate the extra DIMM frequency... It helps a ton with integrated graphics (which I'll be sticking with for possibly several months, depending on when the new GPUs arrive.)

Playing with the iGPU will be horrible plus, all motherboard support all frequencies of RAM. Why not just get an R9 380 instead of waiting 6-8 months for a new GPU?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, LiquidGoo said:

What are you going to try to play on the PC while you are using the iGPU? Because i have had bad experiences with iGPU's playing games on low settings and on 1080p.

Nothing too demanding at all. League of Legends, a bit of Minecraft, Civilization V, Trove, etc. I'm going to save the more expensive games for when I get my discrete GPU.

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Playing with the iGPU will be horrible plus, all motherboard support all frequencies of RAM. Why not just get an R9 380 instead of waiting 6-8 months for a new GPU?

Yeah, no, they don't. Z170 motherboards are the only ones who support frequencies above 2133Mhz, and I can't find any motherboards besides Z170s that support XMP profiling.

I might just be mistaken.

Oh, and no, playing with the iGPU won't be horrible. Especially with faster DIMMs. I play with Intel HD 5500 just fine on my laptop. Just nothing demanding is all.

Just now, CorgiParade said:

Nothing too demanding at all. League of Legends, a bit of Minecraft, Civilization V, Trove, etc. I'm going to save the more expensive games for when I get my discrete GPU.

Belive me, Leauge of Legends sucks on iGPU's even on 1366x768, Minecraft these days would work on iGPU's as long as you mind really turning down the graphics, Civ V and Trove are pretty nice on iGPU's.

1 minute ago, LiquidGoo said:

Belive me, Leauge of Legends sucks on iGPU's even on 1366x768, Minecraft these days would work on iGPU's as long as you mind really turning down the graphics, Civ V and Trove are pretty nice on iGPU's.

If my Intel HD 5500 can run LoL at max settings w/o AA at over 60 FPS, the better integrated graphics with faster RAM will run just fine. I should mention that my laptop screen is 1366x768.

1 minute ago, CorgiParade said:

Sorry, what, LoL sucks on iGPUs? If my Intel HD 5500 can run LoL at max settings w/o AA at over 60 FPS, the better integrated graphics with faster RAM will run just fine.

I could lend you a 750ti xD

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

2 minutes ago, CorgiParade said:
Just now, ShiroArikawa said:

I could lend you a 750ti xD

Sorry, what, LoL sucks on iGPUs? If my Intel HD 5500 can run LoL at max settings w/o AA at over 60 FPS, the better integrated graphics with faster RAM will run just fine.

For how much? Already interested, and I feel like "lend" is too good to be true.

If my Intel HD 5500 can run LoL at max settings w/o AA at over 60 FPS, the better integrated graphics with faster RAM will run just fine. I should mention that my laptop screen is 1366x768.

Well, i have a older iGPU in my potato laptop (a Intel HD 4600) so i am not really up-to date on these newer iGPU's. If it's good for you use the iGPU then :)

For how much?

Hmm, maybe 50-60 USD

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

Just now, ShiroArikawa said:

Hmm, maybe 50-60 USD

Alright, then what do you mean by "lend"? It sounds more like I'm buying a used one, unless you want it back when I get the new GPU.

4 minutes ago, CorgiParade said:

If you're so stubborn about iGPUs being fine then get a Broadwell CPU (i5-5675c and i7-5775c) because their iGPUs are about as powerful as GTX 750s.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Alright, then what do you mean by "lend"? It sounds more like I'm buying a used one, unless you want it back when I get the new GPU.

Well, lend would be putting money down like a pawn, or you could just buy it with said price. x:

5 minutes ago, CorgiParade said:

Yeah, no, they don't. Z170 motherboards are the only ones who support frequencies above 2133Mhz

Z97 and below motherboards (ie: ones that according to you don't support those frequencies) can use 2133MHz memory just fine by either enabling XMP, allocating more voltage to the memory or simply undervolting it.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, ThinkWithPortals said:

Z97 and below motherboards (ie: ones that according to you don't support those frequencies) can use 2133MHz memory just fine by either enabling XMP, allocating more voltage to the memory or simply undervolting it.

Well, yeah, Z97 can... I'm going Skylake though, and the H motherboards don't seem to.

3 minutes ago, ShiroArikawa said:

Well, lend would be putting money down like a pawn, or you could just buy it with said price. x:

Alright, how/where and when?

3 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

If you're so stubborn about iGPUs being fine then get a Broadwell CPU (i5-5675c and i7-5775c) because their iGPUs are about as powerful as GTX 750s.

I'm not being stubborn about it, I'm being honest and pretty much correct unless I just got really lucky with a magic chip.

Alright, how/where and when?

That is the difficult part, huh? I'm in New braunfels, Tx.

2 minutes ago, ShiroArikawa said:

That is the difficult part, huh? I'm in New braunfels, Tx.

There's Craigslist/Ebay or something

But do I have any guarantee it works?

There's Craigslist/Ebay or something

But do I have any guarantee it works?

If your close by, I'll run firestrike.

18 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I have a friend playing games the 6600K iGPU (believe same as this) he runs playable FPS everywhere.

@OP This performs the same and saves you lots of money without losing out an many features.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4wjFcf

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.44 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($108.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($63.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($64.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R7 370 4GB Video Card  ($159.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($87.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $830.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-20 16:13 EST-0500

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

2 minutes ago, niofalpha said:

I have a friend playing games the 6600K iGPU (believe same as this) he runs playable FPS everywhere.

@OP This performs the same and saves you lots of money without losing out an many features.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4wjFcf

Bad PSU though :c (NEX is just rebranded G1/B1 and such)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats