What should I improve?

Moonzy

Hello,
Recently i bought a desktop for light gaming (i dont do competitive gaming like FPS or MOBA, just RPG and MMORPGs) and some programming as well as occasional CAD works (for school)

I'm somewhat in a budget, but I'm looking to upgrade it slowly

And im wondering what i should be investing in next

specs: in my signature but ill just list em out here
CPU - i5 6600 (non-k)

Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 (overkill i know, but i got it for aesthetics, long story though)
RAM - 2x4gb corsair vengeance LPX DDR4 (edit: do you think it makes sense to upgrade to 16 gb?)

Mobo - Asus B150 Pro Gaming Aura
GPU - Asus Strix 970

SSD - Kingston 300kc 240gb

HDD - Seagate 640gb (2.5-inch, kinda looks neat next to my ssd on the 2.5 inch mount under the gpu)

PSU - Seasonic 620W M12 II Evo Bronze Edition

Case - NZXT N450 (expensive but its the only case I like)

Fans - other than stock, 1x Noctua NF-F12 (total of 3 front intake, 1 rear & 1 top exhaust, and 2 on the cooler)

LED Strip - Deepcool RGB (not sure if should be included but meh)

Monitor - Asus VX239 (1080p IPS)

Peripherals - some mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse, but it doesnt matter, its personal preference

soo... these are the specs that i can sort of remember on the fly...

The only thing i can think of is buying a UPS, but my area occasionally experience power surge or power lost (happened quite recently thus why i thought of buying a UPS), so not sure if worth it

What is the next item i should invest in next? Thanks in advance ^^;

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

More storage?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just now, Castdeath97 said:

More storage?

at the moment i still have storage space, but im looking to add a 2tb 3.5inch hard disk into my system soon

id say go with the k version i mean you get extra preformence for an extra 10 dollars atleast thats the price here in sweden but otherwise good build tho i would go with r9 390 8gb but thats just my prefrence 

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

1 minute ago, ismma99 said:

id say go with the k version i mean you get extra preformence for an extra 10 dollars atleast thats the price here in sweden but otherwise good build tho i would go with r9 390 8gb but thats just my prefrence 

its an extra 200 from 950 to 1100++ here ^^;
and OC mobo is sort of out of my budget

and i went with nvidia for now because of shadowplay and stream

Personally the only thing I would bother with was another 8gb ram.. Otherwise for any real improvement you're looking at a buttload more money for mediocre gains.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Just now, Moonzy said:

its an extra 200 from 950 to 1100++ here ^^;
and OC mobo is sort of out of my budget

and i went with nvidia for now because of shadowplay and stream

lol the r9 390 is the same price as 970 in sweden. tho idk why you want shadowplay afterwards you will want to change to programs like obs for more customazition since shadowplay does not offer as much and obs in my opnion is the way to go i dont really like the drivers recorders that you get with the card nor from amd or nvidia but that might be just me and sorry for my english thanks :D

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

Just now, ismma99 said:

lol the r9 390 is the same price as 970 in sweden. tho idk why you want shadowplay afterwards you will want to change to programs like obs for more customazition since shadowplay does not offer as much and obs in my opnion is the way to go i dont really like the drivers recorders that you get with the card nor from amd or nvidia but that might be just me and sorry for my english thanks :D

I use shadowplay to record things that have passed, like those golden moments that happens in mmorpg that no one expects xD

ohh ok i guess.....

so another 8gb of ram and more storage space right?
in your opinion and experience, should i get a UPS?
i want to get a ups because of insurance incase of power lost, and if that doesnt happen, atleast UPS helps to filter the voltage coming thru the wall xD