Graphics card for £250

4M4D3U5
Just now, Prysin said:

Nvidia cards make up 80% of the market, the 970 alone accounts for 4% of all graphic cards used. So you'd have to account for that. Would you like me to do that for you?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

-snippingtons-

Since when are we talking about performance, I'm talking stability, but if you wish to play, I will.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Such comparison between search results doesn't matter when Nvidia is having a way larger market share than AMD.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

3 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

Since when are we talking about performance, I'm talking stability, but if you wish to play, I will.

Time stamp 1:19

Just now, App4that said:

Nvidia cards make up 80% of the market, the 970 alone accounts for 4% of all graphic cards used. So you'd have to account for that. Would you like me to do that for you?

this is why i made a search between May 2015 and now. Because since then, Nvidia drivers in terms of crashes and bugs, has been notoriously bad. Prior to May, they have been good. And i have very little to say about them before around May 2015. Inbefore you go all fanboy on me, yes i have a Nvidia product. It is a Nvidia ATOM GPU, little piece of shit, but it uses desktop drivers like your GTX 970. Now if i have so many issues related to Nvidia crashing or diplay driver errors ON A MACHINE USED TO RUN ONLY SKYPE AND SPOTIFY. Then you have to wonder, WTF is going on.

But fear not, i have as late as TODAY ordered a ASUS GTX 950 which i will use in my tiny little APU system alongside a Athlon X4 845k (Excavator based). So within 2 weeks (the place i ordered from are waiting for some of the other stuff i ordered) ill have a GTX 950 in my hands.

Until then, i have had more issues with my ATOM drivers then with my HD 7950, R9 295x2 and AMD A10 7870k APU drivers ALL TOGETHER. What does that tell you about stability? For simple home use of watching videos, surfing the web and for the last TWO YEARS of its life, just being a skype + spotify machine... and just for two programs that never give me any grief on AMD drivers, i get a black screen, then a "Nvidia Display driver has crashed" notification...

Go on, explain it. Explain how your glorious Nvidia drivers or Nvidia product is not at fault. Go on. Find evidence.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

-snip-

I don't think Crimson had launched then, which brought Shader Cache which if I rember correctly fixed that issue and made the game launch quicker.

Just now, Prysin said:

this is why i made a search between May 2015 and now. Because since then, Nvidia drivers in terms of crashes and bugs, has been notoriously bad. Prior to May, they have been good. And i have very little to say about them before around May 2015. Inbefore you go all fanboy on me, yes i have a Nvidia product. It is a Nvidia ATOM GPU, little piece of shit, but it uses desktop drivers like your GTX 970. Now if i have so many issues related to Nvidia crashing or diplay driver errors ON A MACHINE USED TO RUN ONLY SKYPE AND SPOTIFY. Then you have to wonder, WTF is going on.

But fear not, i have as late as TODAY ordered a ASUS GTX 950 which i will use in my tiny little APU system alongside a Athlon X4 845k (Excavator based). So within 2 weeks (the place i ordered from are waiting for some of the other stuff i ordered) ill have a GTX 950 in my hands.

Until then, i have had more issues with my ATOM drivers then with my HD 7950, R9 295x2 and AMD A10 7870k APU drivers ALL TOGETHER. What does that tell you about stability? For simple home use of watching videos, surfing the web and for the last TWO YEARS of its life, just being a skype + spotify machine... and just for two programs that never give me any grief on AMD drivers, i get a black screen, then a "Nvidia Display driver has crashed" notification...

Go on, explain it. Explain how your glorious Nvidia drivers or Nvidia product is not at fault. Go on. Find evidence.

How am I supposed to find evidence for an anecdote? I'd need to be at your computer and see what's happening and know your system.

Me personally, YouTube is 10000000000000000x better on my 980ti than it ever was on my 290 or 390. But that's an anecdote.

1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

I don't think Crimson had launched then, which brought Shader Cache which if I rember correctly fixed that issue and made the game launch quicker.

I use the Shader Cache, never helped me. I went looking for a change in any game and never found one. And Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and The Division all share the same issue.

Just now, App4that said:

I use the Shader Cache, never helped me. I went looking for a change in any game and never found one. And Just Cause 3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and The Division all share the same issue.

All Gimpworks titles in which at the time of the benchmarks you have probably watched/read did not have drivers from AMD supporting them.

The Division is in beta still, aint it?
All share the same issue, which is?
Flickering? Corruption of shadows? Artifacting?

Just now, Citadelen said:

Would be a bit weird for me to make fun of my own sexuality wouldn't it? No, I'm not at my last stand I was being honest, again with Batllefront, no Shader Cache.

I played that game with a 290 and 390, both Sapphires. I'm telling you the Shader Cache changed nothing. The problem is the driver overhead.

9 hours ago, App4that said:

Yes, as was Battlefront, and yes, all of them.

Resolved Issues

• [81915] Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Building textures may be missing on some AMD Freesync™ displays with VSync enabled
    • [82892] Display corruption may occur on systems with multiple display systems when they have been left idle for some time
    • [82926] Mordheim:  City of the Damned – some loading screens may be very dark
    • [83032] Star Wars™: Battlefront – The sky rendering may be corrupted in some situations
    • [83832] Radeon Settings – AMD OverDrive™ Power setting changes on the secondary GPU are not immediately displayed.  This is seen only on dual GPU graphics cards, such as the AMD Radeon™ HD 7990 and Radeon™ R9 295x2
    • [83833] Radeon Settings - AMD OverDrive™ clock gauge needles for the secondary GPU may be in wrong position when the system is idle and the secondary GPU is inactive
    • [83839] Some games may experience brightness flickering with AMD FreeSync™ enabled
    • [83940] AMD Radeon Additional Settings window will close if the help button is pressed on Japanese/Korean language setups
    • [83948] Corruption seen in video playback for M2TS format files via Windows® 10 Movie & TV application
    • [84199] Flickering textures experienced in Dota 2 when accessing the "Heroes" menu
    • [84428] Battlefield Hardline – A crash may occur when changing graphics settings from "Ultra" to "High" during gameplay
    • [85030] The screen may turn dark and colors may be corrupted after installing the driver on some AMD Crossfire™  setups
    • [85099] Custom game profiles are reset to defaults after system is restarted
    • [85142] HDMI audio lost when monitor enters sleep mode and are woken up
    • [85299] Black line corruption seen all along the edges of characters and menus in Game of Thrones™
    • [86690] Fallout 4 - Flickering may be experienced at various game locations with the v1.3 game update and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled. The AMD Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.1.1 Hotfix driver has been updated. Please download this driver once again and reinstall it to address this issue.

Any of these you mean??

Or perhaps some of the KNOWN AND PUBLICALLY ADMITTED ISSUED LIKE THESE:

Known Issues

• [59349] Far Cry 4 – Stuttering may be observed when launching the game with AMD Freesync™ and AMD Crossfire™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable either feature
      • [78168] Flickering may be observed while task switching with AMD Freesync™  enabled
      • [82213] Star Wars™: Battlefront - Some users may experience minor flickering or corruption at different game location or while viewing the in-game cinematics
      • [82387] A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay"
      • [83031] Star Wars™: Battlefront – Corrupted ground textures may be observed in the Survival of Hoth mission
      • [83287] Game stuttering may be experienced when running two AMD Radeon™ R9 295X2 graphics cards in AMD CrossFire™ mode
      • [83840] Assassin's Creed Syndicate – Corruption may be experienced if game is launched with AMD Freesync™ enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable AMD Freesync™
      • [85136] Fallout 4 – Foliage/water may ripple/stutter when game is launched in High/Ultra settings mode
      • [85263] Clock speeds may be seen to fluctuate during gaming on some AMD R9 Fury series products leading to poor performance and/or screen corruption
      • [85404] Just Cause 3 – Frame rates may be forced below 60 fps when VSync is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable VSync for this game.
      • [85410] The AMD Overdrive™  memory clock slider does not show original clock values if memory speeds are overclocked
      • [85412] Fallout 4 –Thumbnails may flicker or disappear while scrolling the Perk levels page
      • [85559] Rise of the Tomb Raider™ – Game may intermittently crash or hang when launched with very high settings and AA is set to SMAA at 4K resolution
      • [85518]/[85693]  Rise of the Tomb Raider™  – Flickering may be experienced at various game locations when the game is left idle in AMD Crossfire™  mode under Windows 7. A temporary workaround is to restart the game or disable AMD Crossfire™
      • [85647] Star Wars™: Battlefront - Flickering seen on the textured bar on battle/tutorial loading screen
      • [86612] Multi-monitor - Display corruption may be observed if the system is left idle. A temporary workaround is to restart the system. Users can also choose to revert to the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix driver available here here
      • [86612] Oculus/HTC Vive VR Multi-monitor - Display corruption or blank display may observed when starting a VR application. A temporary workaround is to restart the system and only use one monitor. Users can also choose to revert to the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix driver available here here

Just now, App4that said:

I played that game with a 290 and 390, both Sapphires. I'm telling you the Shader Cache changed nothing. The problem is the driver overhead.

There are videos of Shader Cache in action if you want to see them.

Just now, App4that said:

The rest of the system, the games you play, the software you use, etc.

Not entirely sure that zero context means that it's automatically either truth or a lie. Just an unvalidated statement. Which, in these sorts of situations should be passively and blissfully ignored until it can be substantiated.

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

Actually, and honestly, yeah. Just because I could never see a difference, doesn't mean there couldn't have been one.

Just now, KemoKa said:

Not entirely sure that zero context means that it's automatically either truth or a lie. Just an unvalidated statement. Which, in these sorts of situations should be passively and blissfully ignored until it can be substantiated.

Can't argue that. And I would if it didn't cost someone money.

1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

Thank you, though that only addresses the load times, not actual gameplay.

Just now, App4that said:

Well, seeing as the stuttering was when entering a new area, I would assume that the Cache allows it to load quicker.

What is there to address? AMD cards perform quite a bit better in BF

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Just now, Citadelen said:

Well, seeing as the stuttering was when entering a new area, I would assume that the Cache allows it to load quicker.

Ah, that does make sense. Definitely going to pick up a 290x to play with when everyone goes Polaris. Hopefully this is all worked out by then.

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Not the discussion. Stability between areas was. Oi

1 minute ago, don_svetlio said:

Yes it was mentioned in the video from one of the guys from Digital Foundry.