[RANT] My school is retarded...

flibberdipper
14 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

In order:

World History (alright subject, but our long term sub is a bit of an idiot, if I do say so myself)

Algebra I pt. 2 (honestly my 2nd favorite class because I know most of the content were going over so far)

Physics (understand basis but then formulas come in and I get rekt)

*lunch*

Algebra II (teacher RUSHES through content, doesn't explain, and doesn't explain well when she actually does)

English 11 (favorite because the teacher is freaking awesome)

English 9 online (nothing exceptional here

I guess you could say that by the time I get to my worst class, I'm just burned out on math, but I legitimately just can not grasp the concepts and such.

I HAVE asked for help. My brain for whatever reason simply is not able to understand the concepts of the subjects that I have to deal with. I'm pretty sure I've stated that before.

Oh man they placed you in Algebra 1 and 2 in the same year? No wonder why you are struggling. For us, Algebra 1 led directly into 2. You're at a crossroads here. Do you continue high school, become possibly a super senior and likely end up in the same hole as someone with a GED because of your GPA? Or just get your GED? Really depends on what you want to do in the future. While legally colleges and employers cannot deny you because of a GED, they will deny you for your GPA. That really isn't a problem if you want to go to a community college, but you can rule out universities which may be a blessing in disguise in the modern American college system unless you major in something that will guarantee you a 100k+/y paying job outta school.. Financial aid is a terrible system and it forces you to either get scholarships or take out student loans... which is the worst form of debt you can have.

That said, I seriously think you have a learning issue barring any other distractions and I would say to look into seeking professional help. The counselors at school are not professionals. I learned that before. However, if there are outside distractions like gaming, computers, phones, social activities that are attributing to this then its up to you to eliminate them. 

Personally, I dropped outta high school. They had some rule where if you missed more than 10 days of class you lost all your credits. So my freshman year I got pneumonia from the black mold growing on the walls during the first semester. I had to appeal to the school board with a doctors referral to get my credits back and they denied me. My sophomore year was really good. I took a lot of classes I enjoyed, however I had to make up credits from my freshman year which put me behind in the "mandatory electives". Which the electives were pretty much trade classes. I didn't like half of them and failed a few (computer programming and jewel-crafting) Kinda snowballed from there. Add in staying up to 1-3am playing World of Warcraft and my junior year I realized I was doomed to become a super senior and said screw that. That high school had a 60% graduation rate, dropped to 50% during my class and afterwards. The superintendent got trash canned cause some student sued for racial profiling and the whole corrupt school board got kicked out. 

I thought I could never be successful in college because of my past experience in high school. Didn't think I had the self motivation to succeed. I sat on my ass playing WoW for a few years, then I got my GED easily. I've always been a good test taker; despite my awful GPA I passed all my WASL (state standardized test brought upon by the No Child Left Behind Act). Got kinda pigeon holed into taking an automotive technology program at a local community college as the lesser of all evils. I thought it would be easy as hell... man I was mistaken. It was a 16 student program and by withdrawal day you'd be lucky to have half of that left. When I saw that I really hit the books hard. Got a 4.0 in the program which only one other person had done and went for my certificate because I was stacking on the student loans. Now I'm working making a decent wage... that said I'm also looking into other better paying career opportunities lol.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

A similar thing happened to me last year (as a freshman), but for different reasons. So I had just stared at a preppy Catholic high school that all my friends from my previous Catholic middle school were going to. I love school, but I have an illness that makes me have a constant headache, 24/7. School started great, then I had to get a spinal tap that put me out of school for like a month. The admins at the school immediately took note of this. Pulled me out of AP, gave me an extra study hall, and that was it. Still recovering from my procedure, my parents got pulled into a meeting THE DAY I returned to class. They were informed that I had a GPA of less than 1 (no shit I couldn't come to class), and that "maybe we aren't the right school for Joseph". So they kicked me out. Because I'm sick. I was put in online school which was fine, but am back in a public high school this year who is working with me tons. I have a 3.7 GPA now, and am in all honors classes. 

I guess the moral of this story is that if a school won't help you, then don't help them by staying. The other "worse" school might not be so bad. If these teachers won't help you pass, then they aren't good teachers. Bad teachers have students that make bad grades. A school isn't about the kids who go there, or if it's a "bad" school, it's all about who is teaching there. You need a place that will help you get through. I even have a bunch of old friends who went to the catholic school, but got kicked out because of their grades. All of us agree that the new school runs circles around the Catholic one. All of them are making better grades now as well. 

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

2 hours ago, roboplex22 said:

A similar thing happened to me last year (as a freshman), but for different reasons. So I had just stared at a preppy Catholic high school that all my friends from my previous Catholic middle school were going to. I love school, but I have an illness that makes me have a constant headache, 24/7. School started great, then I had to get a spinal tap that put me out of school for like a month. The admins at the school immediately took note of this. Pulled me out of AP, gave me an extra study hall, and that was it. Still recovering from my procedure, my parents got pulled into a meeting THE DAY I returned to class. They were informed that I had a GPA of less than 1 (no shit I couldn't come to class), and that "maybe we aren't the right school for Joseph". So they kicked me out. Because I'm sick. I was put in online school which was fine, but am back in a public high school this year who is working with me tons. I have a 3.7 GPA now, and am in all honors classes. 

I guess the moral of this story is that if a school won't help you, then don't help them by staying. The other "worse" school might not be so bad. If these teachers won't help you pass, then they aren't good teachers. Bad teachers have students that make bad grades. A school isn't about the kids who go there, or if it's a "bad" school, it's all about who is teaching there. You need a place that will help you get through. I even have a bunch of old friends who went to the catholic school, but got kicked out because of their grades. All of us agree that the new school runs circles around the Catholic one. All of them are making better grades now as well. 

Kay now that school is pretty fucked in the head. I'd understand it if you just skipped for a month or whatever, but since you were out pretty much on medical leave... What the actual fuck.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

2 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Kay now that school is pretty fucked in the head. I'd understand it if you just skipped for a month or whatever, but since you were out pretty much on medical leave... What the actual fuck.

Pretty much xD. But in the end, it actually turned out for the better. I wouldnt have ever even considered my current school otherwise. It's the "ghetto" school of my area, but it's a gem. Amazing academies, I'm in the tech one, and it was like an embarrassment to everyone at my old school. Since they were a private school, they didn't have to abide by any 504 plan or anything. I heard even that they were wanting to put in some special needs type teachers, but the admins said no. It's about easiness now adays. Keeping the "rich, smart, easy, no frills" kids and turning away the more dull, or sick students. A 90% college acceptance rating doesn't mean shit if you kick out all the non-genius kids. To get in to that school, and stay in, you need to be either amazingly good at school, or amazingly good at sports xD.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz | Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE | GPU: MSI R9 270x | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury Red | Storage: ADATA SP600 128GB / WD Blue 1TB | PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ | Monitor: Acer S220HQL Abd 21.5" | Audio: Logitech Z213 Speakers | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma | PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/v8FNmG

Haha welcome to school

atleast school is free here and it doesn't get rid of you if you do bad ;D

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)