OS for Gaming

dannyrg90

Windows 8 system requirements are the same OR LOWER (design spec) than Windows 7. On my machine it doesn't consume more RAM than 7 used to. On a fresh boot, it actually uses less RAM than my previous 7 installation.

Unless you were talking storage space...

Im talking about overall performance.When 8 came out, it was run on 4 gb of ram on a weak cpu. and of course, made it much slower than 7, hence, it was a memory hog.

Unless something catastrophic happens, I'll stick to Win 7 Ultimate. I question the direction Microsoft has been heading with Win 8 and the Xbox One. Not to mention the rumors of NSA backdoors littering Windows 8..deploy the tinfoil hats! :T

You think Windows 7 isn't effected?

Microsoft even gave police enforcement the ability to unlock any computer with access to encrypted files.

Also, NSA worked on encryption systems standards, which Microsoft used including many other encryption services. Same for security systems.

Windows 8,of and in itself is a memory hog unless u have a touch screen that has a fabulous cpu,ram config.,Otherwise,windows 7 is just fine for a gaming rig.

Please stop spreading lies. Go back to your corner.

Im talking about overall performance.When 8 came out, it was run on 4 gb of ram on a weak cpu. and of course, made it much slower than 7, hence, it was a memory hog.

Would love to see that article. In my experience, 8 is quicker and snappier than 7 without using more resources.

You think Windows 7 isn't effected?

The German gov't clearly thinks it's not :P