First Time Build Help/Advice/Tips Appreciated

Hey i have been looking to build a new PC as my current one is getting a bit old now and i want to know what people think of my planned build.

Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5 (Amazon: £109.99)

Motherboard: MSI B150 PC Mate LGA 1151 Intel ATX Motherboard (Newegg: £89.99)

PSU: Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W (Semi Modular Cables) (Bought for £59.99)

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k Skylake Quad Core (Newegg: £172.99)

GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB (Amazon: £276.90)

RAM: (2x) 8GB DDR3 (Taken from Current PC)

Storage:  1tb Western Digital 7200rpm HHD (Taken From Current PC)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (Amazon £27.82)

Total Cost: £737.69

This is what i have currently got planned for my build (PSU, RAM and HHD have already been purchased) any feedback and comments would be appreciated and also if i have missed anything please tell me. Also any build changes please be conservative because i dont want this build cost going above £850 because i dont earn that much. All of the parts i have sourced from amazon or newegg so please let me know if there are places that sell them cheaper.

idk id rather go with r9 390 8gb since ive heard that its better than gtx 970 IF the r9 is paried with a good cpu i guess idk i dont wanna start an nvidia and amd war but thats my prefrence otherwise the build looks awsome :D

CPU:Intel Core i5 6600K 3,5GHz  Motherboard: Z170 PRO GAMING  RAM: HyperX X Fury black DDR4 2x4GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 series Case: some random shit tho it is gonna be upgraded Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Display: Asus VS278Q Keyboard: Roccat Arvo Mouse:Razer Naga 2015 Edition OS:Windows 10 

Try to add in an SSD to your build. That'll make a huge performance upgrade. 

Novus Anima

CPU - 4670K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard - ASUS Z97-PRO | CPU Cooler - Corsair H105 

RAM - Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) | GPU - EVGA GTX 1060 SSC  

Storage - Samsung M.2 64GB SSD, PNY 240GB SSD , WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 500GB HDD

PSU - EVGA 650W G2 | Peripherals - Logitech G710, Logitech G602 

Laptops

MacBook Pro Mid-2011 

Surface Pro 3

What i would recommend in place of your motherboard would be an MSI z170a pc mate, or if you don't want to overclock, an I5 6600(non K)

EDIT: one more thing, pcpartpicker.com is a great place to check prices across websites, and to determine compatibility between things like cpus and motherboards

9 minutes ago, Mycrafter5 said:

don't get a K series cpu without Z170 mobo, you would otherwise waste the OC features.

3 minutes ago, Mycrafter5 said:

What i would recommend in place of your motherboard would be an MSI z170a pc mate, or if you don't want to overclock, an I5 6600(non K)

what about this motherboard?

Z170-K Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus-z170-k-intel-z170-socket-1151-ddr4-atx-motherboard-mb-646-as.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA9JW2BRDxtaq2ruDg22oSJACgtTxcrDcZqLCJCKQdvWGV9wQq79S205bXoW5pQBYHtNhBAhoCCkbw_wcB

1 minute ago, doodlehog said:

Seems great, ASUS is known for reliability.

I don't think you can use your current RAM with Skylake CPU's.

i might be wrong but i think you need DDR4 RAM and your current RAM you want to use is DDR3.

Just a heads up 

17 minutes ago, ismma99 said:

idk id rather go with r9 390 8gb since ive heard that its better than gtx 970 IF the r9 is paried with a good cpu i guess idk i dont wanna start an nvidia and amd war but thats my prefrence otherwise the build looks awsome :D

i will have to have to consider that one thanks for the recommendation.

4 minutes ago, Ryan-Simpson said:

I don't think you can use your current RAM with Skylake CPU's.

i might be wrong but i think you need DDR4 RAM and your current RAM you want to use is DDR3.

Just a heads up 

ok well i will have a look into that thanks though i didnt really think about that.

Just now, doodlehog said:

ok well i will have a look into that thanks though i didnt really think about that.

it's cool.

might save you time.  There's nothing worse than having your gaming rig down because of a component be wrong or missing.

2 hours ago, doodlehog said:

Skylake will work with DDR3 or DDR4, it just depends on the motherboard.  So just pay attention to which RAM the motherboard that you ultimately select requires.

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

12 hours ago, ismma99 said:

after having a look i think i will stick with the GTX 970 because i only have the 600W PSU and the r9 390 has a much higher TDP than the GTX 970. thanks for the feedback though. :D