null

null

Another fingerprint magnet? No thanks, I'll wait for the iphone 7.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Looks identical to it's predecessor. Boring device. 

Also no type-c? Terrible decision.

Just bought the S6:$

On the plus side, doesn't look like I'm missing out on much, yay!

I don't like 2D games...I just couldn't get into them.. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

null

null

null

Just now, cptavim said:

Nexus fan I'm guessing? And I'm not trying to be rude, I'm a nexus fan myself, I just don't understand why they don't include microSD card slots.

Because I said ignoring type-c is a mistake, I'm a Nexus fan? 

USB type-c is absolutely the direction to go on mobile devices; countless improvements.

Because with 64GB-128GB storage, you have absolutely no need for SD slots. 

17 minutes ago, cptavim said:

Yeah I hate how they went with glass backs. Also, no headphone jack for you :S

Meh, I haven't used the headphone jack in ages anyway.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Single led flash? Lol..

still no removable battery? no thanks

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I'm worried about the bigger battery. They were able to improve battery life/ keep the same battery life from the s5 to s6 despite the. Artery capacity reduction. If they had to increase capacity just to keep the same battery that means that the chip that they are using is more power hungry (assuming that they improve their amoled tech once again and decreased power consumption on that). 

null

null

12 minutes ago, cptavim said:

USB Type-C is good for mobile devices, but right now there still needs to be improvement. The Type C connectors for phones are still USB 2.0 because the USB Controller is 2.0 which means that USB 3.x features that rely on the Type C standard include things like display-out functionality, power and connectivity daisy-chaining, Ethernet support, and much faster data transfer speeds won't appear on smartphones until USB3 does. Right now Type C cables aren't especially cheap at the moment and some cables may even fry your phone.

And also, some people already have microSD cards so they can just get a 16GB phone and use the cards they already have so they don't have to spend more money. And also i don't really care much of expandable storage, I care about removable storage. If I want to send stuff to my friends phone quickly, I can just pop out my sd card and put it in my friends phone. Also I can send and get data from my laptop without any cables by just putting the sd card into the laptop. And also, I have a quadcopter that records video to an sd card and If I want to see a video and I'm not near a laptop or PC, then I could just take the sd card and put it into my phone and watch It there.

Fair points. I believe we should move towards Type-C because the sooner we adapt to that standard, the easier it will be for it to evolve to 3.0/3.1. 

On your second point, I think continuing with the sd-card method isn't forward thinking. Innovate new ways to transfer data instead of relying on a removable card. I've never had an issue where I need to send something to a friend quickly, unless it's a photo. In which, we both download the Google Photos app, and share an album and toss the photos/video in there. 

null

null

No USB-C?

There is no connector in the world that I hate more than micro USB or any derivatives of it. Life after the lightening connector is much better. No fiddling about if the connector is in the right orientation and it took get all loose and saggy either. USB -C is the way to go!

1 hour ago, cptavim said:

Also, what if you have lot of pictures or music or other stuff that you want to send to your friends and your wifi is slow or you don't want to use up your data. Using a micro sd card would be a lot faster and could be done without connecting to wifi/data.

Or Bluetooth which is pretty slow though. 

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

1 hour ago, cptavim said:

Also, what if you have lot of pictures or music or other stuff that you want to send to your friends and your wifi is slow or you don't want to use up your data. Using a micro sd card would be a lot faster and could be done without connecting to wifi/data.

Removing the SD card with the device pictured above would be a very cludgy solution. It requires a SIM eject tool, and when you remove the SD you remove the SIM as well. TBH since its Android, you could just use WiFi Direct.

Hmmm don't really like the design, but it may not turn out to be like shown. And why no USB type-C would be good to go with it.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Samsung Indonesia spilled some beans.

Their teaser website had some revealing sentences:

1) Worry-less discovery (probably water-resistant)

2) Experience privacy at its finest (FDE by default? Pretty sure that's a requirement for Android 6)

3) Bring light to the night (better low light camera?)

So it seems like Samsung are adding back some of the features they removed with the S6. Sounds very promising.

12 hours ago, Stuff_ said:

Looks identical to it's predecessor. Boring device. 

Also no type-c? Terrible decision.

actually thats a + because the s6 looks and feels premium. 

---

i see that its thicker to accommodate the bigger battery and so the camera doesnt protrude as much,has the edges on the back to be more confy

9 hours ago, cptavim said:

USB Type-C is good for mobile devices, but right now there still needs to be improvement. The Type C connectors for phones are still USB 2.0 because the USB Controller is 2.0 which means that USB 3.x features that rely on the Type C standard include things like display-out functionality, power and connectivity daisy-chaining, Ethernet support, and much faster data transfer speeds won't appear on smartphones until USB3 does.

Microsoft would like a word with you. 

null