Upgrading my skylake system, need advice

Not entirely sure if this is the correct sub for PC upgrades, but here goes.

So I am planning on buying a new PSU and CPU cooler for my current system. Total budget for the whole thing is ~500€, I'll break this down in details as I go, but all in all for my storage upgrade the budget is ~200€. Redtext is for questions I want answered.

Things to note: I live in Finland, things cost allot.

My combined budget for the PSU and cooler was 300€, and I have already selected those two parts.

Cooler I am planning on is a Corsair Hydro H110i GTX (145€) Is this a good enough cooler for a 6700K? I do want to OC.

PSU is EVGA 750W SuperNOVA 750 G2 80+ gold (112€) I am sure this is just fine, it's EVGA FFS.

My current specs are in my sig. I was considering populating my m.2 slot, so I looked around and found this: Samsung 256GB 950 PRO SSD, M.2, NVMe, 2200/900 MB/s (199.90€) I could put my OS on this, and have quite a few games on it too. Not to mention the 128GB SSD I have already. Is a 256GB m.2 SSD worth that price? It is stupid fast no matter how I look at it.

I was originally planning on getting a HDD to replace my 3TB seagate barracuda green(?), I got this disk at a recycling centrer I worked part time in, lets just say all odds are stacked against it being usable. But it still somehow is after a year. I have about ~970GB used of the capacity, migrating absolutely everything would require disk larger than 2TB, because formats and stuff. My other, actual 1TB HDD shows up as 899GB. But HDD's are slow, and the good ones are expensive, and since I know that the games I want to play will fit on the SSD's....

In addition to that the reason for the slowdown is probably mainly because I haven't deleted anything of the drive for the entire time I have had it. ~1 year.

So, should I stick with the Corsair cooler? I originally wanted to get swiftech, more specifically the H220. But that cooler is off the market... And the store I am buying from doesn't sell swiftech at all, I would need to order from Germany.

And is the M.2 SSD worth it's price. I really like my 128GB SSD, loading times on games/applications are great, but I can only fir a few on it alone.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

In my experience, when it comes to closed loop cooling, aesthetics are more prominent than the few degrees of difference between most coolers at a similar price point. So my advice, if you like the look of a cooler and its well reviewed, go for it. You wont have cooling problems with the h100i.

As for M.2 SSDs, if your happy with the speed of you load times right now, theres no reason to spend more on M.2.

That being said, M.2 is far quicker and there will be a noticeable difference on boot times and some games. All depends on what your standards are. Dont go M.2 because its there.

That is the best all in closed Aio cooler, from Corsair and probably among the rest of the competition, so the answer is obviously, big yes. And its not about Powersupply brand, but yes it should be good for a nicely vast overclock.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, AcidicStylez said:

SNIP

As for M.2 SSDs, if your happy with the speed of you load times right now, theres no reason to spend more on M.2.

That being said, M.2 is far quicker and there will be a noticeable difference on boot times and some games. All depends on what your standards are. Dont go M.2 because its there.

When it comes to loading times on my HDD, I am not happy. My SSD is just fine most of the time, It just doesn't have the capacity. I have noticed the SSD being slow lately though, ever since going to Win 10. (opening file explorer takes some time for an example)

About the 110i GTX. I don't remember if I checked the 100i or 110i for compatability with a bitfenix ghost. Does the 110i fit? I am searching for conlusive evidence ATM, but not finding any.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.