Quiting Sodas

Aruxx

I cold turkey sodas, I love Diet Coke.... yummy. But now I drink water 95% of the time, May buy a 16oz of diet cola once and a blue moon. Saves money too. A easy way to stop is to start drinking soda water with lemon and or lime. Good luck! you will feel much better, your teeth and skin and sleep will be much better in the long run, you will also not gain the weight.

Switch to 7 up. It uses no additives, just water, sugar, lemon and lime.

If looking to come off the sugar, then look for sucralose sweetened fruit flavored spring water.

Linus is my fetish.

On 2/15/2016 at 5:40 PM, Aruxx said:

I need to quit drinking sodas, they don't agree with me well and honestly I don't know what I'm doing drinking them still, I just can't seem to stop.  I can convert to water for a short amount of time but then the taste seems to get kind of monotonous.  I feel like if I stopped I would feel so much better but I just don't seem to have the drive, and when I do it runs of quick.  

If you've stopped drinking sodas, how did you do it?  Seems like a kinda lame question, but I'm looking for advice.

I did it a while ago, unfortunately I started up again though. I need to quit them again.

I just stopped, cold turkey. Started drinking more water, that's about it.

Well it is quite a challenge because your body has to get use to taking in a lower sugar rate than normal, I've personally tried many different ways before and the best way I think is to pretty much slow down each day. (1 Bottle > 1 Can > 1 Cup) - I've done this before and had the best results with myself.

I never really got into drinking soda's that much. Maybe its because just getting a penny candy bag was considered a big treat as a kid. I have the money now to drink them, but I will usually just buy some tea or juice instead. I probably have a coke once every two weeks.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

There is no magic bullet, you just drink water. I like having a Coke maybe once a week, but drinking it regularly seems disgusting. I used to drink a shitload of Coke and Sprite as a kid to teen, but when you start paying for it yourself you realize how much of a waste it is.

When ever i want to drink water, i drink it warm, it's just my preference. I've been drinking pop my whole life, quit it cold turkey; but when i drink water cold it's kind of hard to swallow.

Maybe it was the family i was raised in but soda was never really given to us, i drank juice, water, cordial and for a treat choc malt flavored milk. 

Maybe try slightly flavoring water to make it a little more palatable? 

im trying the same OP, I use these things..mind you the boxes here look diffrent but ya 

s-l300.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit