I got a gtx 780 Ti from a friend but I have to flash it back to original bios

Hello!

I got a GTX 780 Ti from a friend and it was not supposed to work. He had it in watercooling loop and flashed it to raise voltages and overclock stuff until it died. He then changed the waterblock back to the stock aircooling module and now the computer recognized it but I have to flash it back to the stock bios right? How do I do that and where I can download the original bios. I've googled but it comes up with modified bioses.

Please help.

I have AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB in my rig at the moment. What do I have to do to get this GTX up and running?

Thank you so so much in advance!

@asploginf it died,flashing the bios back won't help, but no idea how to exactly how to flash it back either. 

if the card is working then you don't have to flash it back...just remove the overvolt with msi afterburner and go from there.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Techpowerup have a stash of GPU bioses, IIRC.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

You then need an appropriate bios flashing program. I think I used Nvflash to turn my Titan Blacks into Titan Black SOC.

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?

So what ever bios he has flashed to it I don't have to flash it back? I don't think it is dead but have not tried it yet. so I have to remove any AMD drivers from my computer, get the HD 6950 out and swap the 780 in there and boom, it should work?

Yes it should work, and install the 780's drivers.

If not try troubleshooting with some videos or some other stuff

50 minutes ago, asplogin said:

Hello!

I got a GTX 780 Ti from a friend and it was not supposed to work. He had it in watercooling loop and flashed it to raise voltages and overclock stuff until it died. He then changed the waterblock back to the stock aircooling module and now the computer recognized it but I have to flash it back to the stock bios right? How do I do that and where I can download the original bios. I've googled but it comes up with modified bioses.

Please help.

I have AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB in my rig at the moment. What do I have to do to get this GTX up and running?

Thank you so so much in advance!

Well check your temps first.  You don't necessarily have to flash it if it works. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Ask customer service for a BIOS. The ones on techpowerup are good and all, however, there are several revisions of a graphics card through it's lifespan on the shelves. Find the serial number on the card and try for a response on the manufacturer forums. I know MSI tend to answer when requested.

But if everything works as it should, there is no reason to tinker with the BIOS. It may render your card useless, and it may be costly and time consuming to fix.

Edit: Hit your friend with a shovel or something. Taking a copy of the original BIOS is 101 AND 102.

Motherboard: Asus X570-E
CPU: 3900x 4.3GHZ

Memory: G.skill Trident GTZR 3200mhz cl14

GPU: AMD RX 570

SSD1: Corsair MP510 1TB

SSD2: Samsung MX500 500GB

PSU: Corsair AX860i Platinum

Okay I've now swapped the cards and the new one shows up in the device manger: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti but has an yellow triangle on top of it. I went to the properties and there was this message on the device status section:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

So, what do I do now? I already installed NVIDIA's drivers and I think my computer now uses the integrated GPU of the CPU.