best way to backup files?

Mazeman03

so my windows 8.1 expires in 40 days and after that im just reinstall the trial again until i can buy windows.

but after the 40 days how can i backup all my files so when i install windows again i have all my stuff still

it wont let me just reinstall it without wiping my drive unless there is a way to do that and i dont know about it.

i only have my 1TB drive no other HDD's

1010011010/29A

External drive?

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

3 minutes ago, Mazeman03 said:

so my windows 8.1 expires in 40 days and after that im just reinstall the trial again until i can buy windows.

but after the 40 days how can i backup all my files so when i install windows again i have all my stuff still

it wont let me just reinstall it without wiping my drive unless there is a way to do that and i dont know about it.

i only have my 1TB drive no other HDD's

Isn't it just easier to buy windows for 20 dollars here: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/ or G2A.com ???

15 hours ago, z123killer said:

Use a cloud backup service.

i have like 600 GB i need backed up

15 hours ago, Wouterrinos said:

Isn't it just easier to buy windows for 20 dollars here: https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/ or G2A.com ???

only if. i dont have a credit card or bank account right now

1010011010/29A

for this a cloud storage solution might work but something like an external drive would be better

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Mazeman03 said:

i have like 600 GB i need backed up

You can buy an external HDD and then return it

1 minute ago, Mazeman03 said:

only if. i dont have a credit card or bank account right now

How are you still alive???

44 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

How are you still alive???

well i work for my dad and get paid in cash it's a family business, i do have a bank account but i never use it has no money in it probably got deactivated idk how that works

1010011010/29A

12 minutes ago, Mazeman03 said:

well i work for my dad and get paid in cash it's a family business, i do have a bank account but i never use it has no money in it probably got deactivated idk how that works

Okay that does explain a lot, but not having a bank account has a lot more disadvantages. Isn't it still easier to get a bankaccount and put money on it (so you can save and it won't get stollen) and buy windows?

2 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

Okay that does explain a lot, but not having a bank account has a lot more disadvantages. Isn't it still easier to get a bankaccount and put money on it (so you can save and it won't get stollen) and buy windows?

probably i usually just save up and by cd's of stuff i want like i was planning with windows. i dont mind spending the $100 or so i just dont have it because you know rent.

1010011010/29A

4 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

Okay that does explain a lot, but not having a bank account has a lot more disadvantages. Isn't it still easier to get a bankaccount and put money on it (so you can save an it won't get stollen) and buy windows?

Okay, but here a bank account is for free (don't know for you) and with that you could get windows for 20 dollars, not 100 so that makes it the easiest and cheapest option in my opinion.