Can anyone confirm what this user is saying to me?

I was asking a question on a tech forums (not here) about the high temperatures on my r7 250x gpu when playing fallout 4 and this user said some questionable things to me.....I will use the quotations from the user on a tech forum (not here) that said things I want to be confirmed by you guys

This is what he said

1.    "a corrupt OS will generate heat. Your system is made to run programs with minimal amounts of corruption and until it exceeds it, it will work around corrupt portions if it finds it in the program. You may see artifacting in lines. It's still making it run. And as long as it's trying to run, it's creating heat. A corrupt program only gets worse and then it stops. Oh, it may not produce torturous amount of heat but it will add to the workload."

2. " The O.S. responds differently to different games so not every game will stop, overheat or crash. Some games actually run cooler than others. That depends on how the game was configured by programmers. The larger map, the greater the detail the more memory and processing power it uses. "

3.  "Viruses can heat your computer. Once it begins a download and packs your computer with malicious software, it can absorb all your processing power and slow your rig down. Viruses not only download information, but upload information to spread programs to infect other computers. Depending on what kind of virus it is, it can screw up hundreds of computers in a day. The more power your rig uses to compliment a virus, the more heat it will generate. So no, I wouldn't leave that out as a possibility"

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

Last one is true for the CPU not GPU

Second is true but it depends on how optimized and graphically intensive the game is. 

The first is BS artifacting comes from overheating/bad gpu cores not corrupt windows. Not the other way around.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Only point number 1 is obviously for trolling. A "corrupt" OS is still a software running, following whatever instructions the CPU and other components are given to it.

Point 2 is technically correct, because there's exceptions (like dynamic allocation of resources and not loading everything to ram/vram).

Point 3 depends on what virus it is and if it has instructions for the CPU and GPU to always max it out in doing things like bitcoing mining, calculating PIs, etc.

3 minutes ago, pedro69 said:

If this would be true then your CPU (not GPU) would overheat and in over 10 Years in IT I never encountered a virus causing the CPU to overheat. Not saying it is impossible but very unlikely.

There are bitcoin mining viruses 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

9 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I was asking a question on a tech forums (not here) about the high temperatures on my r7 250x gpu when playing fallout 4 and this user said some questionable things to me.....I will use the quotations from the user on a tech forum (not here) that said things I want to be confirmed by you guys

This is what he said

1.    "a corrupt OS will generate heat. Your system is made to run programs with minimal amounts of corruption and until it exceeds it, it will work around corrupt portions if it finds it in the program. You may see artifacting in lines. It's still making it run. And as long as it's trying to run, it's creating heat. A corrupt program only gets worse and then it stops. Oh, it may not produce torturous amount of heat but it will add to the workload."

2. " The O.S. responds differently to different games so not every game will stop, overheat or crash. Some games actually run cooler than others. That depends on how the game was configured by programmers. The larger map, the greater the detail the more memory and processing power it uses. "

3.  "Viruses can heat your computer. Once it begins a download and packs your computer with malicious software, it can absorb all your processing power and slow your rig down. Viruses not only download information, but upload information to spread programs to infect other computers. Depending on what kind of virus it is, it can screw up hundreds of computers in a day. The more power your rig uses to compliment a virus, the more heat it will generate. So no, I wouldn't leave that out as a possibility"

He is trying to say that a corrupt OS will result in more processing requirements, and more processing results in more heat (thus corrupt OS = more heat).  While it is true that more CPU workload usually translates to more heat, the correlation he is drawing might be true in some circumstances, but isn't necessarily always true. And probably not to a significantly noticeable degree..

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

lol seriously? I feel like this thread should go in the "experience with non-techies" thread!

OP, whatever that guy told you is nonsense, you're playing a brand new AAA games on a low-end GPU, it'll run at 100% load all of the time (while in game) and if your case isn't well ventilated enough it'll run hot ... But then pretty much all modern GPUs can run in the 70-80 range without much problems.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

lol seriously? I feel like this thread should go in the "experience with non-techies" thread!

OP, whatever that guy told you is nonsense, you're playing a brand new AAA games on a low-end GPU, it'll run at 100% load all of the time (while in game) and if your case isn't well ventilated enough it'll run hot ... But then pretty much all modern GPUs can run in the 70-80 range without much problems.

it has some truth to it, but its hidden by a lot of nonsense (2 and 3, 1 is compleatly nonsense)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Case is well ventilated I believe...No wires blocking the rear and front fan

My gpu is also near the mesh holes of my case, so it will probably end up sucking more air from those mesh holes

Will update soon of what he says after my recent post in the forums questioning him about his knowledge

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

2 hours ago, Mihle Gaming said:

it has some truth to it, but its hidden by a lot of nonsense (2 and 3, 1 is compleatly nonsense)

yeah, 1 is just nonsense, but so are 2 & 3. He keeps talking about "the OS" ... no one that has tech knowledge talks like that, at all.

About 2;

" The O.S. responds differently to different games so not every game will stop, overheat or crash. Some games actually run cooler than others. That depends on how the game was configured by programmers. The larger map, the greater the detail the more memory and processing power it uses."

[SARCASM] Oh! really Einstein??? [/SARCASM]

Of course, minesweeper isn't gonna use the same resources as Fallout 4 ... DUUUUHHHH   [...]"Some games actually run cooler than others."[...] That's not how it works or how the "load of a game on a system" is described!

About 3;

"Viruses can heat your computer. [Bla, BS, bla, BS, bla...]"

What the absolute f... are we still talking about a GPU running too hot??? Apart from a "malicious coin miner" that would use the GPU there isn't a virus out there that would make a GPU run hot, especially with one specific game, that's just ridiculous. Can a virus put enough strain on a system to make it run slow? YES! To the point where the temps rises? MAYBE! But before symptoms would show up in a game, the user would start to see "lag" or problems elsewhere. His #3 is full of misinformation ("it can absorb all your processing power" that would mean 100% CPU usage, BS!)

Like I said, what that guy told OP should be in the "experience with non-techies" thread. It's what happens when someone that THINKS he knows something about tech but actually knows very little! I hear stupidities like these on a day to day basis.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

yes :)

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking