Looking For A Motherboard (i7-6700K)

Greeting everyone! Recently decided to build a new PC and chose to go with the intel i7-6700K for the CPU. Now I have to find the right motherboard to go with the new PC build. As far as features, I will be using a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD and eventually will be going SLI with two GTX 980 Ti's. I will be going with DDR4 2133mhz 16 GB (4x4) RAM. I have an open budget but whatever motherboard I go with must be great performance for the price. I will be using a Corsair Air 540 case which supports most motherboards such as Mini-ITX, MicroATX, ATX, E-ATX. Thanks! :)

ASUS Z170-A is really good for the price.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Just now, Amazingasian said:

ASUS Z170-A is really good for the price.

Does it support M.2 and SLI?

Yes it does!

AMD FX-6100 @4.2GHz / Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB / Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8GB / Adata S510 128GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB / Alpenföhn Brocken ECO /  EVGA GQ 650 / Fractal Design Core 2500 / Fractal Design Venturi HF Fans / 

"It's like a fish with no internet" -Linus Sebastian, 2016

6 minutes ago, TheMonkeyManiac said:

Does it support M.2 and SLI?

Yes.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

10 minutes ago, TheMonkeyManiac said:

Greeting everyone! Recently decided to build a new PC and chose to go with the intel i7-6700K for the CPU. Now I have to find the right motherboard to go with the new PC build. As far as features, I will be using a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD and eventually will be going SLI with two GTX 980 Ti's. I will be going with DDR4 2133mhz 16 GB (4x4) RAM. I have an open budget but whatever motherboard I go with must be great performance for the price. I will be using a Corsair Air 540 case which supports most motherboards such as Mini-ITX, MicroATX, ATX, E-ATX. Thanks! :)

My god what is your budget

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

Just now, Amazingasian said:

Yes.  

Thanks! It seems like a great board with a good price tag. I like ASUS boards especially since I'm coming from the Maximus VII Hero. The only problem is there are so many to choose from for Z170. I also wanted to ask thunderbolt 3 doesn't matter at all if your using LAN right? I wouldn't think so but just wanted to double check.

Just now, TheMonkeyManiac said:

For my whole PC?

Yeah, that's an intense PC if you ask me

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

Just now, TheMonkeyManiac said:

Thanks! It seems like a great board with a good price tag. I like ASUS boards especially since I'm coming from the Maximus VII Hero. The only problem is there are so many to choose from for Z170. I also wanted to ask thunderbolt 3 doesn't matter at all if your using LAN right? I wouldn't think so but just wanted to double check.

Thunderbolt is just a nice thing to have.  There are many many uses and counting.  I wouldn't pay extra for it however.

Just now, verydogesuchwow said:

Yeah, that's an intense PC if you ask me

My budget is $2100. I'm only going with single GTX 980 Ti for now. I will be upgrading to Pascal but right now I am out of a gaming PC and can't wait that long.

1 minute ago, TheMonkeyManiac said:

My budget is $2100. I'm only going with single GTX 980 Ti for now. I will be upgrading to Pascal but right now I am out of a gaming PC and can't wait that long.

W/O peripherals? That's a pretty good price for your computer as a whole

W/O peripherals? That's a pretty good price for your computer as a whole

I already own peripherals. Corsair K70 for the keyboard and Steel Series Headset. For the mouse logitech G502 which in my opinion is the most reliable mouse on the market.

6 minutes ago, TheMonkeyManiac said:

I already own peripherals. Corsair K70 for the keyboard and Steel Series Headset. For the mouse logitech G502 which in my opinion is the most reliable mouse on the market.

Wow, nice setup!

Wow, nice setup!

Thanks! For the longest time I only played competitive CS:GO and that setup serves me well. :)

Has 1400€ for 2 overpriced GPUs, but uses a cheapass Low End headset.

gg lol.

srsly, throw that piece of Crap away, and get yourself a good headphone. High End graphic to no end, but Soundquality is a joke. Priorities

Edit: And you should have 20-30€ more for 300/3200 Mhz Ram, if you spend 2k+ on that.

Just now, Darkseth said:

Has 1400€ for 2 overpriced GPUs, but uses a cheapass Low End headset.

gg lol.

srsly, throw that piece of Crap away, and get yourself a good headphone. High End graphic to no end, but Soundquality is a joke. Priorities

low end headset...I have the Siberia 800 wireless...KEK

Congratulations. You payed 350 Bucks for something, that gets Destroyed by an 150€ stereo headphone.

Gaming headsets are a plain Joke, even more if they are Wireless ;) 80% Marketing, 20% product.

Believe me, i know what i'm talking about here...

Just now, Darkseth said:

Congratulations. You payed 350 Bucks for something, that gets Destroyed by an 150€ stereo headphone.

Gaming headsets are a plain Joke, even more if they are Wireless ;)

I have great sound quality on it. I'm sorry you're not satisfied with someone else's taste <3

You don't ^^

You only think that, because you never tried a good headphone.

Blindly buying an overpriced gaming headset, and beeing satisfied with it, is not satisfied. You just dont know better

Its not that i'm not satisfied. Im Using a headphone, that NO Gaming-Product could ever dream of competing with in ANY thinkable aspect ^^ Not now, not in 2 years, not even in 20 years.

I'm trying to convince you, that you can have it SO much better in terms of Built Quality, Soundquality, positional Audio, and Comfort, if you switch to a good Headphone, that's actually worth the Money.

I mean... If a 150€ headphone is superior to a 350€ Gaming headset, thats 200€ wasted.

Your PC hardware is so top notch, so your Audio shouldnt be a kids toy.

Just now, Darkseth said:

You don't ^^

You only think that, because you never tried a good headphone.

Blindly buying an overpriced gaming headset, and beeing satisfied with it, is not satisfied. You just dont know better

Its not that i'm not satisfied. Im Using a headphone, that NO Gaming-Product could ever dream of competing with in ANY thinkable aspect ^^ Not now, not in 2 years, not even in 20 years.

I'm trying to convince you, that you can have it SO much better in terms of Built Quality, Soundquality, positional Audio, and Comfort, if you switch to a good Headphone, that's actually worth the Money.

I mean... If a 150€ headphone is superior to a 350€ Gaming headset, thats 200€ wasted.

Your PC hardware is so top notch, so your Audio shouldnt be a kids toy.

Well I'm still sticking with it so....

well, let me say it with different words:

I really recommend to test some other stuff out if you find some Time ;) There are SO many different Headphones to discover, that i never imagined back then when i started trying some. Its really worth, and a whole new experience.

Wow, some really intense animosity just got poured out there. He likes his headphones...

If you're an audio engineer and can KINDLY give some advice and recommendations instead of just ripping him a new hole for his choice of headphone and attacking his product choices.

Such hubris, try some humility on for size.

12 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Gaming headsets are a plain Joke, even more if they are Wireless ;) 80% Marketing, 20% product.

3 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

well, let me say it with different words:

I really recommend to test some other stuff out if you find some Time ;) There are SO many different Headphones to discover, that i never imagined back then when i started trying some. Its really worth, and a whole new experience.

I understand and I'm sorry if I was hostile its just I wasnt really expecting someone to criticize my headset on a motherboard post. It serves me well and the main purpose of that headset is for CS:GO and it does exactly what I want it to do. Sure down the road I might get some good sennheiser or AKG headphones for immersive games like Witcher 3 and what not. Also, there aren't that many great closed headphones out there mainly all open.

Well, to be fair, as my mistake i thought it were a 40-60 bucks steelseries. Then i would have been pretty disappointed :P