Budget Case

Philcat101

I am looking for a budget case with:

Good Airflow (Meshed front panel is a bonus, but doesn't matter that much)

Easy to use hard drive mounting

Decent cable management

Relatively easy to build in

That's it. I am on a tight budget. Under $60 is OK, I guess, but lower is really better as I have little money!

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

If you could go a little higher the nzxt s340 is pretty good.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

Just now, DND said:

If you could go a little higher the nzxt s340 is pretty good.

The thing with the S340 for me is that it is glossy, is quite small, and has meh cable management.

TL:DR Not my type of case, I have researched it and found it so.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

5 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

Decent cable management

That's it. I am on a tight budget. Under $60 is OK, I guess, but lower is really better as I have little money!

how about the corsair 100r or 100r silent edition?

8 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

Decent cable management

Just now, jol159 said:

how about the corsair 100r or 100r silent edition?

In reviews, people are complaining about the cable management being crap. 

You're going to find complaints about poor cable management in most cases at that budget.  That's just a reality of the price point.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

4 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

then you can go for the corsair spec 01 or spec 02 cases

5 minutes ago, Philcat101 said:

but that's a thing you can get rid of if your creative with routing cables

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

cardboard box has everything you need:

good airflow, if your not happy cut out some more!

hard drives can be mounted almost anywhere with some double sided tape or some cable ties!

its has almost unlimited cable management but seeing as you probably dont care for aesthetics at this point it dosent even matter!

all you need for everything is cable ties and your good to go! super easy to build in!

and price, about $1 for a quality box!

hope this is the one for you :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

cardboard box has everything you need:

good airflow, if your not happy cut out some more!

hard drives can be mounted almost anywhere with some double sided tape or some cable ties!

its has almost unlimited cable management but seeing as you probably dont care for aesthetics at this point it dosent even matter!

all you need for everything is cable ties and your good to go! super easy to build in!

and price, about $1 for a quality box!

hope this is the one for you :D

lol

Just now, jol159 said:

lol

well im not lying :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

well im not lying :)

ok. well what do you think Philcat101, a cardboard box? or something like a corsair spec 01?

What size of motherboard do you have?

If it's a Micro-ATX maybe the Corsair Carbide 88R would work for you?

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

What size of motherboard do you have?

If it's a Micro-ATX maybe the Corsair Carbide 88R would work for you?

I think he has an atx motherboard

52 minutes ago, jol159 said:

ok. well what do you think Philcat101, a cardboard box? or something like a corsair spec 01?

the spec 01 is more expensive but looks better, thats what i think

Builds:

Spoiler