Keeping My PC Safe At LAN

OfficialJsP

So I am attending a big LAN event soon and the organizers recommend I use a kensington lock but I am sure that my case does not have a kensington lock slot on it (NZXT S340) has anyone else got any good ideas for keeping it safe. 

Get a PC babysitter.

EDIT: Jk just watch your computer and have a friend to also watch it.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

1 minute ago, OfficialJsP said:

So I am attending a big LAN event soon and the organizers recommend I use a kensington lock but I am sure that my case does not have a kensington lock slot on it (NZXT S340) has anyone else got and good ideas for keeping it safe. 

Use screws that have weird heads (triangular, for example) and whenever you leave your 'station' lock your PC.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

You could possibly drill a small hole in the bottom of your case so that you can run a small wire lock through it. Also have you thought about monitors and peripherals?

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Get creative with locks and wires. 

Get a motion detector and fit it in their so any large movements it will go "beep beep beepppp!"

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

12 minutes ago, OfficialJsP said:

So you expect someone to sit at my PC for 3 days for me nice idea.....

Can I take a shot in the dark? Dreamhack?

25 minutes ago, Jade said:

Can I take a shot in the dark? Dreamhack?

I wish, Insomnia Scotland.

What are you concerned about exactly?

Someone opening the case up and taking out parts or just up and taking the entire PC?

If it is people taking the entire case I'd suggest maybe a wire lock and thread that through the PCIE back plates or vent holes on the back of the case.

If it is people opening up the case maybe a locking ratchet strap like this might help:

http://www.amazon.com/Lockstraps-101-Locking-Down-Strap/dp/B004HER6S4

or

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V5WAHJ6/

Wrap it around the case so the side panel can't be opened as easily.

The smooth square shape kind of sucks as someone could slide it but if it is tight enough, and the feet look to be rather large so it may make it troublesome enough for someone not to want to bother with it.

The only place you'll find a Kensington lock slot are laptops. Cases won't have it. I would change, the case screws to something that no one has, so no one can open it side panels and steal your components. For locking down the entire computer, can't you just carry with you at all times? :P

Use the I/O slot opening as anchor points to help you lock the PC from being taken away.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list