CableMod WideBeam LED Strip Giveaway

Hmm. I would like a few, maybe around 10 or so of the cablemod lightstrips, 5 of each type. Why? I am in the process of planning a scratchbuild and the lights, ( in RGB, of course) would add another dimension of stylization to the case (Which I think will look nice!) It would also greatly increase the amount of things I can do in future with lighting.

The part list for the build is attached. The case is because that is the case I am using currently, and the LEDs wouldnt be a bad addition :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QsKxnQ

I want these lighting strips because my case (Fractal Design MIDI R2) has a sorta blacked out window, which makes it hard to see things inside unless you have lighting effects (as Linus said in his review video of said case). 10 magnetic strips would be more than enough, but its better to have too much rather than too little. 

My current build is listed here (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BCCMBm), I actually didn't originally use PCPartPicker, but instead a Google Keep list, since I originally planned on just buying a new motheboard and i5-4690K, to rid myself of my old AMD Fx-6100. 

Even if I don't win this giveaway (which knowing my luck, I won't), I'll probably buy some of these on my own, since I could really use some. 

Computerbuild-67.thumb.jpg.b5e8f2989fd20

I would like to have two more 60cm RGB magnetic because it will round out the lighting in my Define S watercooling build. I already have one Cablemod strip in my build, and I've tested it. It's amazing. I love the variety of colors and effects. In addition, you can change the brightness!!! One thing for those who haven't seen these is that the IR receiver is pretty small. I like that I'll be able to hide it in a vent

I'm in the midst of migrating my system over to the watercooled case. The part list is below.

Main Components

CPU: i7 4790k

Motherboard: Asus Z97A USB 3.1

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 32GB

Boot Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB

Storage Drives: 4TB and 1.5TB 7200RPM

Video Card: EVGA 980TI FTW
Case: Define S

Power Supply: EVGA 850W G2

PSU Cables: Cablemod E-Series Full Kit - White

Monitor: Dell U2715H

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus RGB

Watercooling Components

CPU Block: Heatkiller IV Pro

GPU Block: EK Thermosphere

Pump: Watercool D5 Vario

Reservoir: Monsoon MMRS 

Radiators: Black Ice Nemesis 360GT and 280GTS

Radiator Fans: Fractal Design Venturi HP-14 and HP-12

Fittings: Barrow compression and rotaries - white

My build log is here if you wish to see more pictures. 

Build Log - Liquid Black Fury

Hi LinusTechTips,

You have re-created an old enthusiasm I had for building PC's, when I was about 15 years old I rebuild old pc's gave them a cool new look and new hardware from scrap I got from people to improve pc's.
Since A couple of years I want to redo that with starting by rebuilding and upgrading my PC, my current Rig is getting a bit old and slow in short I have:
2x 1TB HDD (WD Blacks)
120 GB SDD (Samsung Evo 840)
1x GTX 780
1x Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.50 Ghz.
a 800 Watt power supply, and this case (see attached image)

I would love to upgrade my PC to a GTX Titan of a GTX 980 Ti.
add a 250 GB SSD and replace my 2x 1TB HDD WD Blacks with 2x 2TB Red's.
Buy a new awesome looking case, and make everything Black and orange with some slick RGB lighting!
Maybe you could advice me what I should buy for a case, its going to be on my (new) desk in the new house, and im looking for 3 new monitors, 1 used mainly for gaming and the other 2 for programming and skype/web/mail stuff!

My whole room is RGB lighted underneath my bed, behind my desk, behind my console shelf, I just started upgrading my console shelf so you will not see anymore cables and you will see the lights even better, I just bought 3 new (old) consoles, the PS1 the Gamecube and the NES!
Also I am building a house where I want to place RGB lighting in my kitchen and bathroom so my whole house can be lighted via software!
And even turn my gaming/study room into full orange/black colors!

I would really help out if you could send me these :

2x CableMod WideBeam Magnetic RGB LED Strip - 30cm
1x  CableMod WideBeam Magnetic RGB LED Kit - 30cm
2x  CableMod B-Series DPP Cable Kit - BLACK / ORANGE

Thank you very much for reading my story and I hope you enjoyed it!
Also have added a picture of my current setup :)

Thanks guys!

Cheers!

512p6VLDh-L._SY300_.jpg

IMG_20160120_205914.jpg

I would love to win these! I love my pc, and it looks great( aside from the blue ram and lack of a good cooler)! The only thing about it is that it just doesn't POP! you know? I have a NZXT H440 black and red, 4790k, Asus strix 970, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd,  asus Hero VI mobo, corsair fans, red cable extensions, a 27 inch asus monitor, corsair vengence k70 with red leds and brown switches, and a corsair m65 mouse. My main theme is red and black. i also have some coolermaster sickleflow 120's with red Leds, but they just aren's bright enough. Ive been meaning to put leds and get a new cooler and new ram, but i have been saving up for a car so i cant spend much money. I would love to have magnetic ones with rgb leds. I dont want to have nasty residue on the case if i ever decide to take them off. Also I want RGB because that gives me the freedom to change to color if i want to change from a red theme. 2 of them would be nice, but one would do just fine! 

JQ5h02t.thumb.jpg.d291e28ec6ccf040f33ec8

This year I'm upgrading from this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/d7JZsY to over http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fKVyvK with this case http://www.anidees.com/ai7/ai7mwhitewindow (which won't show up on partpicker.

Already got the 970 and SSD, plus a RM750x power supply because of my old one not liking a higher power GPU. CPU is overkill, but I will be working on video projects this year, which might include digital modeling as well. Other than that, I might get another 970 to SLI and have my GPUs last for a while, but this is just an upgrade because both I had to downscale to 720p in GTAV (LAME), and had to spend 40 mins encoding a 20 min clip (LAMER).

I would like two magnetic strips, which should be more than enough for a mATX cube case.

I would like to receive 3 rgb light strips. I have just made a custom pc and I'm about to start a YouTube tech and gaming channel. I would like to put the pc on my desk, but you cant see the inside of the pc because its to dark. everything inside this pc is neatly organized and could benefit from some colorful lighting. Thank you in Advance.

Hey! I believe I would be a great recipient for these widebeam LEDs because I am a first time PC sexifier. I don't have a proper case yet to display my build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3P6Fcf

But I want to pick one up if I were to win these LEDs. I really want a hot rod PC build and I think some nice wide LEDs would really help my case look stunning :)

Plus, if I were to win, I would make a video installing my PC into my case with the LEDs and share my thoughts on the LEDs.

My Thermaltake Case doesn't have good lighting since I still use the blue lighted fans it came with that I really don't like and want to replace very soon.

So then my case won't have any lighting at all and that's why I'm entering this contest, because I otherwise won't spend money on lighting.

If I would have some stripes, thought I would get a controller for them.

I also like my pc colo(u)rful which you can see by the gold Enermax grid, with the purple mesh behind it, with the red Enermax Magma fan behind it

(which looks awesome from a little bit farther away)

I got my pc under my desk in the darkness so it would look absolutely terrific and would make a big impact on it's looks.

(Not to forget the higher fps and gaming capabilities of course! ;)

Case: Thermaltake ArMor A60 VM2000 Series

Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @3,07GHz running ~3,2GHz

RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX DIMM 6 GB DDR3-1600 Tri-Kit ICIF7C 12 GB Total

Graphics Card: Gainward GeForce GTX 570 GS (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570) JCXWFO

CPU Cooler: Hydro Series H50 (775, AM2, 1366, 1156, AM3) HXLC9W

Harddrives/Systemdrive: 2x HD103SJ 1 TB (1000 GB) AEBU11

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123L (12 x) CEBU52

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate YOBMFP

Power Supply: Enermax MODU87+ 700W

Montiors: 1. LG Flatron W2442PE 1920 x 1080p 59Hz
                  2. Medion MD9615 AF 1024 x 768p

Even so the Thermaltake case comes with pretty bad lighting it sure has the potential for it.

2x 30 cm adhesive strips and 4x ~40 cm magnetic ones

should be perfectly fine since with the widespread beam pattern a few centimeters won't make that much of a difference.

Future Upgrade plans:

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Hybrid by EVGA (unsure, after pascal drops prices, high relevance)

SSD: A quality one for faster performance (needed, high relevance)

Case and Radiator fans: Arctic quantity case fans, Noctua/Other radiator and important fans, Corsair Mini Commander fan controller/fan splitter

Monitor: A better, bigger second or first Monitor. (preferable, medium relevance)

My far future plans are still constantly in planning but will probably contain a huge XL-ATX or bigger Motherboard in a testbench-like case.

In the picture you can see my general configuration.

I'm also including my Dropbox link to the other pictures I took (even the bad ones), including some dark shots to look at the potential of the case.

I already have a layout how I would put them in my case and one on the bottom so I would even consider making a follow up post of the looks of it.

Best Regards Me

P1060187.JPG

Edited by Ottifant (GER)
Grammar, word structure and capitalization errors.

I will take every old electronics equipment regardless of usability or performance.

Please don't throw away good working products... It hurts my heart.

I would love to add nice lighting to my build. I have tried to use fans with LEDs (as also visible in picture), but they are just not enough to properly light up the case (Fractal Design Define S) or the components. I would be happy with 3 magnetic RGB strips, which could make a major improvement to the current looks of my build as well as future custom watercooling loop, which is currently in planning stage. I have also discovered, that Cablemod does not ship to my country unfortunately.

The GPU (EVGA 980Ti Classified) is ordered, however should arrive in a week, hence the emptiness.

PC Part Picker - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Wh3RZL

Should I get hands on a better camera, I will post better pictures of current state (I have taken out the LED fans and replaced with Noctua NF-F12's, at least for now).

IMG_20160212_232827.jpg

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

I would love a decent ligthing that would accent my first pc build. Whenever I look at the accomplishment it is, I see the long hours of hard work that it took for me to save up for the build. There is a great sense of satisfaction from enjoying a break from the university on weekends playing games on a quality level that far exceeds what I was accustomed from gaming on my old Macbook. I want two strips (assuming they are one foot each) to magnetically stick to the bottom and right side of the NZXT S340. 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DzQ9f7

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory 
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply   
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 39.9 CFM 120mm  
Case Fan: Corsair Air Series AF140 Red 66.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2016 Wired Standard Keyboard  

Hi, I'm planning on my first build within the next 2 years I'm trying to save up money for the build

and this would be a great push to motivate me more, no matter how hard I work that I will get that money and build the PC I would only like 4 magnetic strips please and I really enjoy your guys' videos. Here is my build I know, it's not that good and many of you guys probobaly thing it sucks but here it is: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PinoyOne/saved/rwc9TW

Here is a link to my current part list on PcPartPicker.

http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/YGV323/my-custom-build-just-over-1000

I'm planning on building this computer build I put together as soon as I can. I believe that if you're going to spend a ton of money on a beast of a computer then it should look like a beast of a computer and that means lights and shiny things! I only need five LED strips for this computer (magnetic ones by the way). I'm planning on putting three lighting strips on the front, top, and bottom inside of the window side of the computer case. As for the other two strips, I plan on putting them outside the case for expanded effect of the lighting. I plan on putting one of them on the back of the case and one on the bottom. These two exterior light strips will light up the wall behind the computer and the desk under the computer therefor lighting up the whole desk area with awesomeness!

I would love CableMod to supply me with 4 Magnet RGB LED strips. These LED strips would be a nice thing to add to my first PC build. The pcpartspicker link is:  http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/smithy6640/saved/Trrbt6

CPU

Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard

Asus H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Memory

Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

Storage

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card

MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card

Case

Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply

EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Optical Drive

Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer

Wireless Network Adapter

TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Monitor

BenQ GL2023A 60Hz 19.5" Monitor

The pcpartspicker link is: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/smithy6640/saved/Trrbt6

I would like to get these LED stirps from CableMod because I want to show my stock intel cooler to my friends haha :D

If I would win these, I'd gift them away to my best friend. Who is in love with her case lighting.
I think 60 cm of magnetic strips would look awesome!

If I would win these, I would either see if they would work well with the sound reactive Modules that Luke was mentioning about, to replace the bulky cold cathodes I have in my case currently, and if not, then I'd still probably put them in for ambient lighting when I'm not listening to music!

I would like most likely at least 2, since that would cover the top and bottom of the case, with the being adhesive, because not everything in life if magnetic

What I have currently:

Specs
Case: NZXT H440
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition
CPU: i7 4790k
RAM: 16GB Avexir White
Heatsink: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80I GT
Storage: 256GB ADATA SSD, 2TB, 3TB HDD Seagate
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 380
Power Supply: Corsair CX Series CX750M 750W
Bitfenix Alchemy White Cables

Here is a video of the purple-ness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heY_DoV7j74

Over the summer I built my current desktop from scavanged parts and even made a custom cpu cooler, plexi side window and gpu backplate (see attached pictures).  I was actually already thinking about getting some led lighting in there to showcase the build and these RGB LEDs would do the trick splendidly.  I would say four of the magnetic strips should do the job of iluminating the inside of my case.

12435092_803736336397986_898892020_o.jpg

12510977_809492312489055_504892589_o.jpg

Part List:

CPU: i3 3210

GPU: GT 630 (w custom backplate)

RAM: 16 GB Kingston something

Storage: 1x120 GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1x512 GB Seagate Barracuda

PSU: Cooler Master 500 W

Mobo: Asus P8B-WS

CPU Cooler: Custom (made with an old LGA 775 heatsink, some scrap metal and an 80mm fan)

Case: Antec ONE (custom plexi side panel)

I would Like these to put on the inside of the side panel and under the case:)