CableMod WideBeam LED Strip Giveaway

CableMod’s new WideBeam LED strips are pretty darn cool - I feel like they’re best explained through CableMod’s own words below:

“Utilizing a unique transparent LED housing, CableMod WideBeam LED’s deliver a much wider beam angle – over 50% greater than traditional LEDs. Bright and vibrant with a much more even lighting effect, WideBeam LEDs look different because they are different.

53673e7358.jpg

With the number of different case materials out there, we didn’t think one solution would fit all. CableMod WideBeam LED Strips come in both magnetic and foam adhesive to suit all kinds of cases on the market.

The WideBeam Magnetic Series features multiple rare-earth magnets for a secure fit, and can be easily repositioned or moved to alternate builds. Those with aluminum or non-magnetic cases can choose the WideBeam Foam Series for a foam adhesive that is over 200% stronger than typical LED strips.”

In short, these are freaking cool RGB LED strips that are fully chainable, utilize SATA power, and are designed to work with ASUS AURA for perfect compatibility with ASUS motherboards that feature an RGB header.

Full information: http://bit.ly/240bLHP

So, now that we know how cool they are, where can we get them?

Fantastic question! And for 5 lucky forum users, the answer is right here!

How do you enter this giveaway?

1. Comment below letting us know WHY CableMod should provide you with their new WideBeam LED strips. Give a brief explanation of your current (or future build) with pics and/or a PCPartPicker list.

2. Mention in your comment which LED strips you’d like (foam adhesive or magnetic) and in what quantity (be reasonable - any ridiculous requests like “I need 100 LED strips because lights” will be ignored).

3. Check back on the forum in one week to see if you were selected as a winner!

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions. All fulfillment will be handled by Performance PCs - you can check CableMod out on their site now at http://bit.ly/1KeOuv5

The 5 (five) winners will be drawn on 2/19, 2016, and will be PMed here on the forum from this account. Disregard any other contact specifying that you were a winner in this giveaway.

Thanks and good luck!

I would love two LED strips to make sure I can wrap my case door on my Phantom 530! As is, I only have my NZXT Kraken x61 for lighting inside my case (aside from LEDs on the motherboard) and this would be a perfect fit for my case! Four magnetic strips should be just enough to go around my windows side panel for the best lighting! (I'm not 100% sure how long the strips are, however.)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VXsWHx

My current system is a h440 black/red edition with an i7 5820k, Msi 980ti, Asrock x99x killer, 32gb ram, and a rm1000x psu. Its currently a red and black only build and the only thing missing is lights. Sure i have a led on my h110i gtx and one on my 980ti but that doesnt highlight the rest of the hardware. Would be nice to show off inside the case being the h440 has a decent sized window. If i were to get 2(if they are 1 foot long then 4) magnetized led strips i would place them at the top and bottom of the case to illuminate the inside and make it more presentable.

Pic1.thumb.jpg.3df7d4c554aa163c4b29c2749

To avoid cluttering the thread with many pics, theres a complete list of my parts as well as many more pictures in this completed build log on Pcp

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/QMkTwP

(Noticed that the thread was reposted so ill post it here as well)

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I would love 4 of these magnetic strips. I have a Corsair 250D, which is steel, so no need for adhesive ones. I have currently no lighting, and my PC sits on my desk right next to me; I would love to be able to have a little bit of under glow at the bottom of my PC, as well as lighting up the internals. Currently I have no lighting, although at some point I will be getting a kraken x31. This is my current build (the Z170 mobo was to overclock, but Intel has really screwed me over with that, haven't they?):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£151.28) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£103.99) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£41.29) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£34.99) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 4GB Nitro Video Card  (£149.99) 
Case: Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case  (£83.99) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£54.98) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)  (£40.00) 
Total: £660.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-12 07:35 GMT+0000

I would want 3 of the magnetic strips to show off the 980ti and future custom cpu loop along with the ssds that will be going above the phanteks logo on the bottom so everything can be seen through the tinted side panel windows. 

e77f1f36fc.jpg

Blarg

Never actually installed LEDs ever, just couldn't spend that little extra for aesthetics. Would be nice to to put in a magnetic LED into my PC that was made back in 2012. Probably 3 magnetic rgb led strips in total for future builds for my brother and a upgrade to my current pc :)

EDIT: wouldn't mind making a follow up to show the results :D

• CPUIntel Core i5 3450
  • MotherboardGigabyte Z77X-D3H
  • RAM16GB Corsair Vengeance
  • GPUGigabyte GTX 960
  • CaseCM Storm Enforcer
  • Storage120GB SSD, 500GB HDD, 1TB HDD
  • PSUCorsair 750W Modular PSU
  • CoolingCorsair H60

IMG_1945[1].JPG

I just need 4 of them (magnetic one) 

Why i need them ?

Its just because they are just awesome i am making a new rig and these led will same my time and money too 

And make my rig look sexy AF ? 

This and the ssd giveaway will pimp my black and white build a.k.a. project snow white; oh and btw 3-4 pcs of magnetic strip would be nice to have 22b3c02e9c831d018b7779f26fed6faf.jpg

I'm planning to build a new pc for myself. I'm building it in a NZXTs340 white windowed case. The theme of the build is black and white so with RGB LEDs I can collor all the white parts in the collor I feel at the moment. Tree magnetic strips should be enough for the pc itself. But a bit more is always welcome. I can also use it for my desk. I guess 5-8 strips are enough for the whole build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MaikelAnnaert/saved/#view=P7JcCJ

I am getting back into PC gaming after nearly a decade. Last PC I built is my P4 2.53Ghz mobo with an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro.

I just ordered my Asus MOBO yesterday and was wondering about the RGB connectors, but couldn't find much info on it. Thanks for the video!!! 

If I win, I would kindly request a CableMod WideBeam Magnetic RGB LED Kit - 60cm and possibly an extra WideBeam Magnetic RGB LED Strip.

Thanks for the videos. Your marketing worked for me. I'll probably get lighting from CableMod regardless if I win or not. I just won't have awesome lighting for a while because my budget is gone.

Click to check out my build. PCPartPicker part list

Total: $2615.86

I've been using silverstone's led strips and they suckkkkk at sticking on to my case,

i would love to get more than one color from my leds as well.

PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BGZJjX

If i win, i wouldn't mind the WideBeam Foam RGB LED Kit 30cm.

4 30 cm strips should be able to cover my case nicely.

com.jpg

I just built my computer (http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/v7L9f7) I put my other peripherals on the PCpartpicker list as well to show them off. I attached a quick pic of the computer. But what you can't see because the side panel is off, is that the computer is normally quite dark. If I had some lighting strips then I could light up then inside and increase its awesome. Unfortunately while I have an ASUS mobo it doesn't have the correct headers on it. Also I'm getting my GPU in 2 weeks as I don't have it yet and I'm still saving.

2016-02-12 21.52.44.jpg

Yo, 2 magnetic LED strips would be amazing for what i'm trying to do with a system I'm trying to get the parts for now!

I didn't plan on getting LEDs, but this would sure add a great spot of light to my build.

I'd use an NZXT Noctis 450 case, which already has LEDs on the bottom, but none inside, which would be a great. Also, having them be RGB would mean use for multiple different color systems, (which I plan on doing in the future). My current WIP build is here: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/h96DD3 (hope it seems good, Please leave suggestions)

thanks guys, hope I get a few.

I curently have a SFF build using the Elite 110 case, i5 Devil's canyon CPU and Coolermaster AIO water cooling  that sits on top of the desk next to me and now I would like to finally build my first custom water loop (not sure yet if I buy a ready made kit from EKWB  or buy parts separately) still staying in the itx form. 

The one thing I will need to buy for sure though is a slighlty larger case with a windowed side panel and I definetely want to put LED strips or UV light in that since I plan on having it on top of my desk.I was looking at Cablemod for sleeved cables but didn't pay much attention to the LEDs unti l now. The color theme will be either Red-Black ( gaming chalr and keyboard are only red-black so kinda limited here). I would also like Blue-black since I have a couple of blue led fans allready but that would require more changes. Anyway the case I was thinking is the Thermal Take V21.

This is why these lights are so useful ..you can have them steady on the same color or mix or change whenever you want especially the magnetix ones tha can be repositioned or moved to alternate builds.

Case is steel and around 40 cm in the largest dimension so 2  WideBeam Magnetic RGB LED Strips -30 cm and 1 or 2 WideBeam Magnetic UV LED Strips -30 cm would be enough

Thank you very much for this giveaway

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W3k6YJ

That's my build! Just waiting on my tax return to buy all the parts. Will have photo's uploaded sometime in March. I could buy it right now and build it, I just wasn't in any hurry. I'd prefer the magnetic strips because the case I'm using has tempered glass already, meaning I need to limit how much exposure there is - can't show off if people can see all the strips. Besides it'll look great mounted properly. 

Thanks for the opportunity!

I would use them to replace my crappy solder job. It's literally bare LEDs in my rig which makes the light create sharp shadows whereas the widebeam strips helps to diffuse the light for softer shadows. The adhesive one would do nicely since my current one is using an adhesive as well. A really bad adhesive tho. I believe 4 30cm RGB strips along with the IR receiver and remote would be enough to light my case up evenly and it also enables me to change the colour when I want to so it suits my mood. I plan to put a piece of plexiglass on top of my HDD cage to mount the IR receiver since I removed the SSD cage which was originally on top. Good luck everyone! :D

xtB9P5L.jpg

Check out those sharp shadows! xD

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

1. I wish my ASUS Maximus VIII GENE had AURA support, but it doesn't :( (maybe I should lose mine and get AURA supporting one)

If I win this giveaway, I'll have to figure out ways to implement these amazing led strips to my dearest dear yPC MK. II

Phanteks Enthoo Pro has smoked side window, meaning regular led strip won't be bright enough to blind my eyes.

However CableMod's Wide Beam RGB might just be the solution.

Give light to my PC LMG&CableMod!!!!

My Build on PCPartPicker:

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/24f8TW

153667.86dbb861316510a8e64429fdc6c13b3a.

2. two 30cm for the interior would be just enough for my application, but another two for exterior would make my PC bling even more. 

Magnetic will be great for my steel case. Everyone would agree that residue sucks.

Thanks for the giveaway CableMod

I would love 4 of these awesome strips to bring my bring my brand new build together as the only thing missing is interior lighting. Magnetic strips would be my preferred adhesive of choice because....magnets!

my build with pictures:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/yfwV3C

These would be awesome for my build, they really would.

I would really like to have the customization of these, especially since my current LED light has several bulbs that are no longer working. (Logisys 12" White LED tube)  I would need at least 3 strips with foam adhesive for the inside and maybe 2 more for under lighting.  My build is a water cooled Corsair Obsidian 800D: GTX 980 TI, Intel I7 3770k, Asus Maximus IV, dual Patriot Wildfire 120 GB SSDs, XFX Pro 1000W Black Edition power supply with sleeving, EK and Alphacool water cooling.

DSCN1750.JPG

IMG_20160212_021255.jpg

I would really like to make my setup look better and allow the interior of my case to be lit up with rgb capabilities. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Well I wanted to buy the hue+ but cable mods strips just look better having black base, been magnetic is also a huge plus.

My current build is:

Case: Nzxt M59 Black

MB: Asus P5P43TD Pro

Cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @2.5Ghz 

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

Ram: Corsair 8Gb Xms3 DDR3

SSD: Samsung 840 series 250Gb
HDD: WD 500Gb Caviar Green
HDD: Seagate 2Tb Barracuda 

PSU: Corsair CX600W 

Other : Nzxt Grid+

Future Upgrade plans are to change Motherboard, Cpu, Ram.
MB: Asus X99 Delux
Cpu: Intel i7 6600k @4ghz
Ram: Kingstone Fury X 16Gb

so I would like 6-8 strips either Blue or RGB for more fun!!!

10996806_10204568770567820_8912412546229279702_n.jpg

American by birth, Greek by ancestry and pride, Geek by enthusiasm, Electronics Engineer by choice , Musician by passion, Blackbeard by appearance.

Pc: Name Vanericus Creation date 11/20/2009 

Laptop: Name Blackbeard date 27/7/2016 Msi GT72S 6QD Diminator G