Quantum Break is coming to the PC

Pothoffin

Quantum Break is apparently coming to the PC, and it is gonna have DirectX 12.

DB5VFse.png

Source

i5-4460 =/= FX-6300

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Minimum

Recommended

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Brendom said:
Direct X  11 compatible

Probably not, as it is only gonna be on Windows 10.

The game looks okay on Xbone (things like bookshelves can be destroyed and it looks amazing) so I'm curious to see it running maxed out.

144Hz goodness

I want Alan Wake 2. And Intel i7 or AMD equivalent, hehe...

I'm curious as to why the game recommends a 980 Ti or Fury X. And what about the VRAM amount? Fury X has 4GB but the game recommends 6GB. I wonder how that'll affect the game when using the Fury X. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

13 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I'm curious as to why the game recommends a 980 Ti or Fury X. And what about the VRAM amount? Fury X has 4GB but the game recommends 6GB. I wonder how that'll affect the game when using the Fury X. 

It's a fair concern to have, but honestly, I doubt that much thought or analysis ever goes into writing these specifications. In the same document they used the phrase "i7-4790 or AMD equivalent."

2 hours ago, typographie said:

It's a fair concern to have, but honestly, I doubt that much thought or analysis ever goes into writing these specifications. In the same document they used the phrase "i7-4790 or AMD equivalent."

It's possible that the requirements set forth are arbitrary, but then again, it could speak to their poor programming skills. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Apparently some small but retarded minority of Xbox gamers is butthurt over the game coming out for PC as well.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/11/10966970/xbox-one-anger-quantum-break

And now I want this game, just to irritate them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Someone explain to me...in what UNIVERSE does the r7 260x even remotely compare to the gtx760, and since when the hell could a fx-6300 compete with an i5-4460? Is DX12 that good that the fx can match a haswell i5?

This is a signature.

31 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Apparently some small but retarded minority of Xbox gamers is butthurt over the game coming out for PC as well.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/11/10966970/xbox-one-anger-quantum-break

And now I want this game, just to irritate them.

They just know the PC version is going to sh*t all over the Xbone version in terms of frame-rate and graphics.

Now I can hold out hope that they finally make Alan Wake 2 and I won't have to own an Xbone to play it.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

1 hour ago, Raytsou said:

Someone explain to me...in what UNIVERSE does the r7 260x even remotely compare to the gtx760, and since when the hell could a fx-6300 compete with an i5-4460? Is DX12 that good that the fx can match a haswell i5?

Like I said above, I don't think that level of technical knowledge is factoring into the process of writing minimum/required system specifications for games. It's pretty common these days for a game to recommend an i5/FX-6300 or an i7/FX-8350. I think they're basically just looking at core counts and clock speeds. In reality, I think the AMD recommendations are usually much more accurate than the Intel recommendations.

The new Hitman game's system specs were just released and the minimum CPU is given as an i5-2500K or a Phenom II X4 940. That's the level of accuracy we're dealing with here. :P