Did Amazon stop delivering on weekends?

Virtual01

This is the second time this has happened to me as of late, but when I go to buy something on Amazon near the end of the week (or even Wednesday apparently), it tells me that my item will arrive on Monday, even with 2 day shipping selected. The first time I thought it may have been an exception because I ordered a large item, but it just happened again. Now, the first item I ordered, my item did end up being delivered in 2 days, but it gave me that same Monday estimate this time too. What's going on? Why would Amazon give me such a weird delivery date, and then deliver it on the correct date anyway? Are they beginning to phase out weekend delivery, even for Prime members?

Do you mean weekend delivery or sunday delivery as the two are very different. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

So if you order after I believe 12:00pm (noon) it will take an additional day for the item to process. In essence if you order at 1pm on Thursday, your item will not ship until Friday, meaning you will not get your item until Monday. 

Someone correct me if I am wrong!

Intel i7-5820k OC'ed to 4.2GHz @1.225 V; w/ Corsair H110i GTX2x Asus Strix 980ti's; Asus Rampage V Extreme; 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistics GDDR4 RAM; EVGA 1000P2 psu

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/8608142 boost clock of 1493MHz

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jjar35/saved/#view=ghCWGX + 43" 4k Vizio M-Series TV

2 minutes ago, jjar35 said:

So if you order after I believe 12:00pm (noon) it will take an additional day for the item to process. In essence if you order at 1pm on Thursday, your item will not ship until Friday, meaning you will not get your item until Monday. 

Someone correct me if I am wrong!

Yeah, but it's still Wednesday. So my order will ship tomorrow and should arrive on Saturday. But apparently not?

They haven't stopped weekend delivery in the UK,  but our service seems a hell of lot better,  order by 6pm and you get it next day,  hail rain or shine,  weekend or not. 

We use amazon prime often, and yes, in our cases packages sit dormant until monday morning. Regardless of how close we were to friday. It is kind of a bummer when they say '2 Day delivery', you order it Wednesday evening or Thursday, your package sits there and doesn't arrive until monday. 

Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again.

It depends on the product.  I just got stuff from Amazon with one-day shipping on Sunday when I ordered on Saturday.  While another thing I ordered didn't arrive until today.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Weekend delivery has always been a special option (that costs more) in my experience.

If I chose 2 day delivery I would expect that to be 2 business days.

Here in UK i did receive a package on both Saturdays and Sundays last year.

Sunday surprised me a lot personaly as Im used to Sundays being a rest day for majority of services.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Wouldn't this be a carrier thing rather than Amazon?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I got an item delievered on saturday 2 weeks ago. So I think they still deliver on weekends.

Also:

1 hour ago, Daegun said:

Wouldn't this be a carrier thing rather than Amazon?

AMD FX-6300;    MSI GTX 980ti;   16Gb Gskill Sniper ddr3 1600Mhz;  480GB Crucial SSD and 1TB WD Blue.

I got a delivery last Sunday while using their free shipping option...I was shocked!

7 hours ago, LukeTim said:

Weekend delivery has always been a special option (that costs more) in my experience.

If I chose 2 day delivery I would expect that to be 2 business days.

I guess I should mention that I live in the US and weekend deliveries have been a regular thing for me since I started using prime a few years ago.

Yeah this started happening to me to (also in the US). I order something Wednesday night or Thursday and it tells me Monday Delivery. I have 2-Day Prime shipping so idk why the delay all of a sudden. The USPS is open on Sat why not Amazon?

Even if I order Wednesday, 2-day shipping would be Friday. I know if you order late it adds a day but still. Out of the last 5 things I ordered, 3 came on day 3 and 1 came a full week later! All items were from Amazon and prime shipped. Maybe they can't handle it anymore? I know some places (like near me) they have those Amazon branded trucks delivering now. 

Thankfully, if you email support they at least credit your account shipping cost ($5) but it's annoying expecting 2 day shipping and it come later.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

depends on the carrier 

I've gotten items on Saturday while ordering on Wednesday or Thursday. Just one time an item came a day late, and that was during the holiday season, so I can totally understand that.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.