144Hz, IPS, <5ms lag, 27 inch. Anyone besides Asus/Acer?

Duchess

Anyone that makes decent monitors started making top end 27 inch screens yet?

Response time is irrelevant, so I wouldn't even worry about that, but afaik the only 144hz IPS monitor is the one by Asus. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Response time is irrelevant, so I wouldn't even worry about that, but afaik the only 144hz IPS monitor is the one by Asus. 

Acer has the predator,  and I hear if you order 3 of either you might get one thats only marginally crap

Just now, Wouterrinos said:

PG279Q is great for me thusfar.

5 minutes ago, Duchess said:

Acer has the predator,  and I hear if you order 3 of either you might get one thats only marginally crap

15 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

There are no 144Hz IPS monitors except the ones produced by Acer and ASUS so far.

Eizo Foris FS2735

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Has that been released now?

They say it has a 5 year warranty, so probably: http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/foris/fs2735/

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

Has that been released now?

my googling led me to believe only in uk.  and for a lot of money.  Are pounds still worth more than USD?

1 minute ago, Duchess said:

my googling led me to believe only in uk.  and for a lot of money.  Are pounds still worth more than USD?

Yep.

PMSL

Just now, Dabombinable said:

Yep.

either way the comment sections i saw seem to think the lack of Gsync is bad. I guess freesync isnt the same thing

19 minutes ago, Duchess said:

either way the comment sections i saw seem to think the lack of Gsync is bad. I guess freesync isnt the same thing

Gsync is only lacking because of the way Nvidia went about charging companies for the right to use it-its good but companies prefer to only spend extra money if they need to.

PMSL

I would wait, cause current IPS 144hz 1440p monitors have HORRIBLE quality control, and I am speaking from experience.

IPS glow, dead pixels, and dust galore.

I dunno about Ezio though.

2 hours ago, Pothoffin said:

I would wait, cause current IPS 144hz 1440p monitors have HORRIBLE quality control, and I am speaking from experience.

IPS glow, dead pixels, and dust galore.

I dunno about Ezio though.

Eizo is a premium brand which is why their products are expensive. Speaking from experience, eizo has great quality control.

You get what you pay for.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

40 minutes ago, eLucid said:

Eizo is a premium brand which is why their products are expensive. Speaking from experience, eizo has great quality control.

Do you have one of their IPS 144hz monitors, if you do, what's the backlight bleed like?

Edit: I think I mean IPS Glow.

Edited by Pothoffin

59 minutes ago, Pothoffin said:

Do you have one of their IPS 144hz monitors, if you do, what's the backlight bleed like?

Edit: I think I mean IPS Glow.

I had them all. Predator, Swift. Ordered four of the 34" Predator Ultra-Wide, sended them all back.

You cant compare this crap to the eizo one. Mine has zero issues to complain about and nearly no IPS glow.

Asus ROG swift with 1440p resolution and g sync you really can't get better

43 minutes ago, EmriBG13 said:

Asus ROG swift with 1440p resolution and g sync you really can't get better

DO NOT get this monitor!

It is riddled with issues.

52 minutes ago, acls86 said:

I had them all. Predator, Swift. Ordered four of the 34" Predator Ultra-Wide, sended them all back.

You cant compare this crap to the eizo one. Mine has zero issues to complain about and nearly no IPS glow.

Alright, shame it only has Freesync.

I decided to just get a TN panel monitor after all the issues I had with horrible QC.

lol

Yeah their VA panel with about 70ms of input lag and bad colours was great!!!

3 hours ago, eLucid said:

I agree u get what u pay.  But an 800 dollar monitor should be consistently perfect

1 hour ago, Ava said:

lol

Yeah their VA panel with about 70ms of input lag and bad colours was great!!!

I'd like to know which monitor you're referring to.

Trust me when I say this, you're in the minority. Plus, I doubt you have any real world experience with them anyway so it's not like your opinion matters here.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

7 minutes ago, eLucid said:

Trust me when I say this, you're in the minority. Plus, I doubt you have any real world experience with them anyway so it's not like your opinion matters here.

For most, $800 isn't really a lot nowadays. I agree that ASUS should do a much better job with regards to QC though.

On 10/02/2016 at 4:18 PM, eLucid said:

I'd like to know which monitor you're referring to.

5HPABJo.jpg

http://oddshot.tv/shot/cadianuz-201512082027435

FG2421. It's got ridiculous input lag, pretty bad display scaling and is choppy compared to decent 144Hz monitors.

You don't need my opinion, when 99/100 pro players who need 144Hz monitors will tell you, Eizo suck major balls when providing decent panels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3ph8k6/device_prepare_your_eizo_monitors/cw6ar6l

I mean, not to mention Dreamhack themselves, an ENTIRE MAJOR HOST, had to cover up BENQ monitors in boxes because the pros complained so bad and they agreed that they shouldnt be used, so EIZO wouldn't feel bad as they're the sponsor of dreamhack.

yeah, I'm in the minority there, fella.