ASUS Z170-A worth it ?

Go to solution Solved by Low_Battery,

It's hard to go wrong with a gigabyte, asus, or MSI board in that price range. If money is tight, I would suggest doing a product comparison on their website and see what features you are getting with this board vs the next step (or two) under it, and whether or not you will even use those features. Often times the added features go unsed and are very minor given the respective premium you are paying.

For example, the GIGABYTE GA-Z170XP-SLI is a decent board, and is currently on Newegg for $125 (after $10 rebate card).

Also, if price/performance is a big consideration, the 970 is a great value, and when overclocked can reach 980 performance levels...so you could save another $150 and either upgrade your processor to an i7, get a higher end board, PSU, RAM, or save that for an eventual 970 sli (only would need to save another $180)!

Either way, its going to be a good computer - enjoy!

Buying ASUS Z170-A for my pc build containing GTX 980 and i5-6600k. I cant afford a more expensive one. I plan to overclock and use my pc for gaming. Is the motherboard worth it ?

2 minutes ago, DiscoBanana said:

Buying ASUS Z170-A for my pc build containing GTX 980 and i5-6600k. I cant afford a more expensive one. I plan to overclock and use my pc for gaming. Is the motherboard worth it ?

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

It's hard to go wrong with a gigabyte, asus, or MSI board in that price range. If money is tight, I would suggest doing a product comparison on their website and see what features you are getting with this board vs the next step (or two) under it, and whether or not you will even use those features. Often times the added features go unsed and are very minor given the respective premium you are paying.

For example, the GIGABYTE GA-Z170XP-SLI is a decent board, and is currently on Newegg for $125 (after $10 rebate card).

Also, if price/performance is a big consideration, the 970 is a great value, and when overclocked can reach 980 performance levels...so you could save another $150 and either upgrade your processor to an i7, get a higher end board, PSU, RAM, or save that for an eventual 970 sli (only would need to save another $180)!

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

On 2016-02-09 at 8:41 PM, Low_Battery said:

Thanks bro. I already have my gpu and CPU so too late to rethink my choices. Either way į got them for free so i dont regret my choice.