Converting My Friends

mathmeister
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Show them Gaben

I'm converting my friends to the PCMR but some of them aren't sold yet. Can I get some reasons for them to ditch their consoles? I already told them the usual stuff but some of these guys won't budge. It could just be their stupid and think they need 24 fps cinematic visuals but more info could help. 

Why do they have to ditch their consoles? I have mine along with a PC. 

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

why would you?..if someone wants to play on console..let them..

technically consoles are cheaper anyway..if you only play/buy a few games

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

similar story here

my friends seem to love 20fps

my friend plays watch dogs on his wii u at 18fps

they don't understand keyboard and mouse control

and one of them only plays wrestling games

If framerates don't convince them

tell them about the steam sales

g2a, gog, humble bundle

free multiplayer

shitty free early access games

appeasing lord gaben

moar titles

cheaper games

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

2 minutes ago, techguru said:

Not forcing them. One day I just said we should go to PCMR and some of us did. Now the rest of us are doing the same but some want to but are unsure. 

Cuz screw consoles, amiright?

PC Specs: 
CPU: i7-5930K | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Memory: HyperX Fury Black 16GB | Storage: SeaGate 2TB & SanDisk 120GB SSD | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold Cert | Monitors: (x2) Acer S220HQL | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB |

If they need convincing, it's not the right move for them.  All anyone can do is show the pros and cons of each side and let the decision happen.  That said, I know it can be hard to understand how after seeing that why some people stick with consoles, but that's their choice, and at least some of them do actually have valid reasons to do so :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It's like trying to convince a ricer that their cars don't even look good or practical. Just let them be. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If they need convincing, it's not the right move for them.  All anyone can do is show the pros and cons of each side and let the decision happen.  That said, I know it can be hard to understand how after seeing that why some people stick with consoles, but that's their choice, and at least some of them do actually have valid reasons to do so :)

Probably will, turns out, some kid was saying PC is trash because you get too many FPS on it and nobody plays PC. I'll just leave them be.

Just now, mathmeister said:

some kid was saying PC is trash because you get too many FPS on it and nobody plays PC. I'll just leave them be.

yeah see that's not worth anyone's time :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Don't ditch consoles they have their purpose. Its sports games and exclusives haha. Most people wont make the switch regardless of the pros and cons. Because the biggest CON is usually the most important thing. MONEY!

25 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

I'm converting my friends to the PCMR but some of them aren't sold yet. Can I get some reasons for them to ditch their consoles? I already told them the usual stuff but some of these guys won't budge. It could just be their stupid and think they need 24 fps cinematic visuals but more info could help. 

Why would they? They most likely enjoy their consoles and playing with friends who also have consoles. Let them be. It could also be because they dont have a grand to drop on some gaming rig. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

So you want to convince your friends who are financially invested in their console hardware and games to go and financially invest in new hardware and games and you can't figure out why it's not working?  It's like trying to say 'Hey, we should order pizza' to people who already have dinner sitting on the table.  Even if it's REALLY good pizza in your opinion, they already have food they paid for right in front of them, why should they go with your idea?

8 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

So you want to convince your friends who are financially invested in their console hardware and games to go and financially invest in new hardware and games and you can't figure out why it's not working?  It's like trying to say 'Hey, we should order pizza' to people who already have dinner sitting on the table.  Even if it's REALLY good pizza in your opinion, they already have food they paid for right in front of them, why should they go with your idea?

They have old gen consoles and are upgrading

1 hour ago, mathmeister said:

They have old gen consoles and are upgrading

You can't force them to play on something they don't want to. Having said that show them their favourite games but on PC show them the difference in terms of Graphics and FPS.

*edit*

Since reasoning would suggest if they're upgrading they're after a hardware upgrade since the functionality is practically the same. e.g. put a disc in and play.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Show them Gaben

On 9.02.2016 г. at 4:56 AM, techguru said:

PC IS CHEAPER.

In my country nobody buys the shitty windows, we have Zamunda with bananas, we download a Banana windows and turn off updates(ofcourse nobody chooses the shitty 10 or 8/8.1)

You can use any case, monitor doesn't have to be included in price and peripherals are cheap as dirt

There is no reason to get a shitty console other than exclusives.

PCMR is a joke anyways

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

If they aren't interested in getting into pc gaming then there's not much you can do to make them switch. Just let them play their consoles