Buying new headphones

Coderood

Hi there guys,

I'm looking for some new headphones with great quality sound. Sadly I'm not a pro in audio solutions so I need some help buying the right one.

My budget is max. €700 (I live in the Netherlands)

From what i've heard sennheiser, beyerdynamic or audio-technica are the way to go. Also if i need a soundcard please provide me with one :).

Down below are some points to consider. (what ill be using the headphones for)

- Trance / Guitar / Hip Hop / Rap (listen more to bold text)

- Gaming (all kinds of genres)

- Movies / Series

Any suggestions boys?!

How much does the HE560 cost in your country? That could be an option.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Personaly Im using the kingstonHyperX Cloud II

-EXTREMELY comfortable

-Very clear sound with a base that is not to low and not to high

-7.1 surround sound (U CAN TURN IT OFF AND ON)

-Comes with a mic that you can attach and dettach

U can get it on amazon right now for only 95 $

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_img?_encoding=UTF8&colid=F1PYWHK08TKZ&coliid=I3LVUBD7K2ZRX7&psc=1

7 minutes ago, PENISINMYBUT said:

-EXTREMELY comfortable

I approve this guy. Or you can wait for the Cloud Revolver

25 minutes ago, Fluffinator said:

Hiw much does the HE560 cost in your country? That could be an option.

This. Those 2 who are recommending hyperX cloud needs to obtain some working brain cells.

Another option is HE-500 or used LCD-2

42 minutes ago, PENISINMYBUT said:

-EXTREMELY comfortable

34 minutes ago, ReesZRB said:

I approve this guy. Or you can wait for the Cloud Revolver

Dear god no wtf?

Very comfortable

They sound painfully average, even bad for the price-point if they're used as pure headphones

7.1 is a downside

Mic isn't necessary, he said headphones

28 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Dear god no wtf?

Very comfortable

They sound painfully average, even bad for the price-point if they're used as pure headphones

7.1 is a downside

Mic isn't necessary, he said headphones

The OP has a €700 budget, therefore we need to recommend the only cheap headphone with which we have had any experience.

Don't be offensive, these are only gamers without a real sound knowledge at all (maybe because they never hear audiofiles that give them more than the average) and from the gamer side and with a (for gaming decent) Mic and the pricepoint is the HyperX Cloud a good one. 

Concentrate on the topic and answer Coderood who, as he say don't know that much but want to know more. 

I would suggest Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones if you don't have any known preferences(more bass or clear sound etc.) yet. Furthermore I would recomend to use/buy a external DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) if you use your Headphones on your PC. 

But seriously I'm no expert in this topic only a semicore User of better Headphones than the great mass, for more Info in detail someone else should inform you about the matter.

4 minutes ago, Narnash said:

Don't be offensive, these are only gamers without a real sound knowledge at all (maybe because they never hear audiofiles that give them more than the average) and from the gamer side and with a (for gaming decent) Mic and the pricepoint is the HyperX Cloud a good one. 

Concentrate on the topic and answer Coderood who, as he say don't know that much but want to know more. 

I would suggest Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO headphones if you don't have any known preferences(more bass or clear sound etc.) yet. Furthermore I would recomend to use/buy a external DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) if you use your Headphones on your PC. 

But seriously I'm no expert in this topic only a semicore User of better Headphones than the great mass, for more Info in detail someone else should inform you about the matter.

Why post if you don't know much? Which show's in your post, why in the world would I buy a DAC to go along with a DT 880 in the first place?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

14 minutes ago, Narnash said:

People recommending the Clouds cloud have made the topic about that. I'm just responding to their posts in the best interests of the OP ^_^

The Clouds may be the best value in headsets ever, that this ignores the fact that the OP is willing to spend more for better. Let's concentrate on that topic, shall we?

AT M50X BEST HEADPHONE EVURRRRRRR....... Just kidding, don't even look at this flaming pile of shit, I just needed to add it to the thread before someone mentioned it.

On to REAL suggestions, the aforementioned HE-560 is a fantastic choice for your preferences and I'd like to also add the Audeze LCD-2 into the mix.if it happens to fit in the budget for your currency.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

17 minutes ago, sobe said:

AT M50X BEST HEADPHONE EVURRRRRRR....... Just kidding, don't even look at this flaming pile of shit, I just needed to add it to the thread before someone mentioned it.

On to REAL suggestions, the aforementioned HE-560 is a fantastic choice for your preferences and I'd like to also add the Audeze LCD-2 into the mix.if it happens to fit in the budget for your currency.

The hifiman HE-560 is amazing as F I loaned them from a good friend with a dac and amp for a week and man they where good if I was willing to put that much money into a pair of headphones I would get the HE-560. But for now I will just keep using my k612 pro.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.