HyperX CloudII's not working

Go to solution Solved by miniahobbie,
13 hours ago, X_Rated_Box said:

As I said:"Tried plugging it in and out again (with the soundcard) didnt work and didnt get any sound (same for ALL usb ports)."

Wow thank you I guess that'll help how did u do it? and from where r u I might ask :'D maybe they arent as supportive here in good ol' Germany

I'm from the UK and bought the headset of Amazon, in the EU the CloudII comes with a 2 year warranty straight from Kingston themselves. I simply sent them an email to their support and explained the problem, gave them my product number (so they can confirm the series of the product as well as when it was bought) and requested a replacement dongle. I received the replacement dongle 5 days later.

You can find all you need here: http://www.kingston.com/en/hyperx/support

Hey guys :D first of all to all the guys that still know me Hey I missed u :P

Okay I've got quite a big problem with my HyperX CloudII's

A few days ago I played CSgo matchmaking (I was also in TS) everything went fine, suddenly I got a bluescreen .-. (dpc_watchdog_violation)

When I restarted the PC I tried to fix the bluescreen by disableling quickstart (never had the error since then), then i got back into the game and into ts but my Cloud's suddenly stopped working... no noise no humming whatsoever, mic didnt work either.

Tried plugging it in and out again (with the soundcard) didnt work and didnt get any sound (same for ALL usb ports).

Also tried plugging them in with the other adapter only sound worked and only on one driver .-. .

I looked up some solutions and realised that they werent even recognised by the system (in sound options)

soo a few hours went by and i tried to plug the headphones in the pc themself (per aux) and it didnt work (but they worked on my phone tho.-.)

It cant be any kind of broken cable (i hope) because i cared about them like a baby...

now comes the weird part:

yesterday I tried putting the headphone aux cable into the headphonejack really hard...with a lot of force and...THEY WORKED but only as long as i held the pressure (dunno if the mic worked couldnt do those things at the same time .-.)

I hope anybody had the same issue or knows how to fix the problem C:

I tried to delete any sound interrupting programms like V.A.C or Equalify

Please help me :D (dont care about spelling plz xDI got a little rusty:ph34r:)

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

12 minutes ago, X_Rated_Box said:

Hey guys :D first of all to all the guys that still know me Hey I missed u :P

Okay I've got quite a big problem with my HyperX CloudII's

A few days ago I played CSgo matchmaking (I was also in TS) everything went fine, suddenly I got a bluescreen .-. (dpc_watchdog_violation)

When I restarted the PC I tried to fix the bluescreen by disableling quickstart (never had the error since then), then i got back into the game and into ts but my Cloud's suddenly stopped working... no noise no humming whatsoever, mic didnt work either.

Tried plugging it in and out again (with the soundcard) didnt work and didnt get any sound (same for ALL usb ports).

Also tried plugging them in with the other adapter only sound worked and only on one driver .-. .

I looked up some solutions and realised that they werent even recognised by the system (in sound options)

soo a few hours went by and i tried to plug the headphones in the pc themself (per aux) and it didnt work (but they worked on my phone tho.-.)

It cant be any kind of broken cable (i hope) because i cared about them like a baby...

now comes the weird part:

yesterday I tried putting the headphone aux cable into the headphonejack really hard...with a lot of force and...THEY WORKED but only as long as i held the pressure (dunno if the mic worked couldnt do those things at the same time .-.)

I hope anybody had the same issue or knows how to fix the problem C:

I tried to delete any sound interrupting programms like V.A.C or Equalify

Please help me :D (dont care about spelling plz xDI got a little rusty:ph34r:)

Looks like your sound card may have died. If they work on your phone, your clouds ii are ok, but  your sound card/mobo audio might have diededededed.

Also what mobo and how old you have this machinary

I know that my soundstick's and beyerdynamic's work on the onboard audio (all the headphone jack's)

But , how can it have diedededed if it still work's when i apply pressure?

Just now, ReesZRB said:

Looks like your sound card may have died. If they work on your phone, your clouds ii are ok, but  your sound card/mobo audio might have diededededed

And If it has died do you guys know how Kingstons/HyperX's RMA support is (Ive still got the guarantee they are only about ~4 months old)

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Just now, X_Rated_Box said:

I know that my soundstick's and beyerdynamic's work on the onboard audio (all the headphone jack's)

But , how can it have diedededed if it still work's when i apply pressure?

And If it has died do you guys know how Kingstons/HyperX's RMA support is (Ive still got the guarantee they are only about ~4 months old)

That is why I ask how old is your mobo? because rust on audiojack(if not goldplated) has happened to me, but if they work fine on your phone without pressure then it's the audio jack

Ive got the MSI SLI Z97 Kraid edition mobo my pc is about 10 months old so no i dont think o .-. and it wouldnt make sense that i have to keep the pressure

8 minutes ago, ReesZRB said:

That is why I ask how old is your mobo? because rust on audiojack(if not goldplated) has happened to me, but if they work fine on your phone without pressure then it's the audio jack

sorry forgot to qoute u

The mobo is very new and works perfectly...

1 minute ago, ReesZRB said:

RMA both the clouds and the mobo xD

With the mobo yes ofcourse like i said my beyerdynamic's and Harman Kardon III's work perfectly over both audio jacks .-. I also suspect the Cloud II's audio card

Just now, ReesZRB said:

Well, have you tried using another pair of headphones/headset or even speakers? 

1 minute ago, X_Rated_Box said:

With the mobo yes ofcourse like i said my beyerdynamic's and Harman Kardon III's work perfectly over both audio jacks .-. I also suspect the Cloud II's audio card

It just doesn't sound right to me. I suppose you can RMA your Cloud II's

Yep i will (I dont think u've realised that the cloud II's come with a 7.1 soundcard)

Just now, ReesZRB said:

It just doesn't sound right to me. I suppose you can RMA your Cloud II's

6 minutes ago, X_Rated_Box said:

Yep i will (I dont think u've realised that the cloud II's come with a 7.1 soundcard)

I think I was thinking about the Core, rip me :c. It still doesn't sound right. What does bluescreen of death has to do with killing headsets?

2 minutes ago, ReesZRB said:

I think I was thinking about the Core, rip me :c. It still doesn't sound right. What does bluescreen of death has to do with killing headsets?

I just hope it wasnt the error bc. dcp_watchdog_violation

usually is a very common error message

I've had my CloudIIs just under a year and the dongle went faulty twice... first the dongle simply broke and then the cable's metal brand snapped off the 3.5mm jack in the inside of the cable. Since I was still under warranty I asked for a replacement dongle and they sent me 1 replacement the first time and then 2 spares the 2nd time. Headset works fine.. but the quality of the dongle does seem to suffer after some time... The dongle I currently use though is 7 months old. 

Don't RMA the headset, if you know it's the dongle just contact support and ask for a replacement if you're still under warranty.

4 hours ago, ReesZRB said:

RMA both the clouds and the mobo xD

Makes no sense when the Cloud 2 uses USB and he is trying to use the prong not plugged into the USB, what he needs is a Y-splitter, something that WOULD have come with the Cloud or Cloud Core and SHOULD have come with the Cloud 2 if memory serves.

3 hours ago, X_Rated_Box said:

Have you tried other USB ports?

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

3 hours ago, sobe said:

Makes no sense when the Cloud 2 uses USB and he is trying to use the prong not plugged into the USB, what he needs is a Y-splitter, something that WOULD have come with the Cloud or Cloud Core and SHOULD have come with the Cloud 2 if memory serves.

Have you tried other USB ports?

As I said:"Tried plugging it in and out again (with the soundcard) didnt work and didnt get any sound (same for ALL usb ports)."

7 hours ago, miniahobbie said:

I've had my CloudIIs just under a year and the dongle went faulty twice... first the dongle simply broke and then the cable's metal brand snapped off the 3.5mm jack in the inside of the cable. Since I was still under warranty I asked for a replacement dongle and they sent me 1 replacement the first time and then 2 spares the 2nd time. Headset works fine.. but the quality of the dongle does seem to suffer after some time... The dongle I currently use though is 7 months old. 

Don't RMA the headset, if you know it's the dongle just contact support and ask for a replacement if you're still under warranty.

Wow thank you I guess that'll help how did u do it? and from where r u I might ask :'D maybe they arent as supportive here in good ol' Germany

My apologies, didn't see the same for all, that's shitty.

Just get ahold of Kingston, I am sure they will be accommodating no matter your location. They are pretty good when it comes to customer service.

EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Just now, sobe said:

My apologies, didn't see the same for all, that's shitty.

Just get ahold of Kingston, I am sure they will be accommodating no matter your location. They are pretty good when it comes to customer service.

Okay Im just going to e-mail them about it...

what do you think should i e-mail Kingston or the hyperX website? .-. :D

Okay Im just going to e-mail them about it...

what do you think should i e-mail Kingston or the hyperX website? .-. :D

http://www.kingston.com/de/hyperx/support

13 hours ago, X_Rated_Box said:

I'm from the UK and bought the headset of Amazon, in the EU the CloudII comes with a 2 year warranty straight from Kingston themselves. I simply sent them an email to their support and explained the problem, gave them my product number (so they can confirm the series of the product as well as when it was bought) and requested a replacement dongle. I received the replacement dongle 5 days later.

On 9.2.2016 at 11:32 AM, miniahobbie said:

Thanks a lot, will do that now that Im back from Paris :D

^_^

On 9.2.2016 at 11:32 AM, miniahobbie said:

Thank you a lot they answered me and told me it was no problem ...but I'll have to wait to see if it works with the new Soundcard :D